Unknown Number

You're My First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Ji Eun's POV

I didn't notice that my hands were trembling hard, but Yoon Gi seemed to notice my sudden change of demeanor.

He silently cupped my trembling hands with his left hand while his right hand was still controlling the steering wheel. 

"You okay?" He asked. 

I just nodded mindlessly, but he knew that I didn't mean it. 

"You seem off since you read the text. Did something happen?" 

I contemplated whether I should tell him or not. But then he seemed genuinely concerned and we  considered each other as a friend right? It should be okay to tell him right? 

I took a deep breath as I turned my palm and intertwined my fingers with his. He seemed a little flustered by my action but didn't say anything, instead, he squeezed my hand to give me a feeling of reassurance. 

"I've been getting weird messages from an unknown number for the past few months. Sometimes it would said that I looked beautiful in what I wear, which is creepy because it means that whoever it is has been watching me without my knowledge. Another time it would only be a message saying I love you or I miss you. And this time it said that he was watching me. I am freaking out." I gripped his hand tightly.

"What the hell? Do you mean that you have a stalker?" He raised his voice, concern and anger mixed in his voice. 

I nodded. "I think so, and it isn't even my first time dealing with stalker. The first one was when I just entered college, there was this stalker who always left message and flower in my locker, he even stole some of my stuff. It was over when my ex boyfriend caught him red handed and threatened him. He never bothered me again after that. The second one was actually the scariest one. I almost got kidnap by this stalker, but fortunately a passer by helped me and he was sent to jail right after." I tried to hold back my tears. "I thought I would never have to deal with that kind of people anymore. But a few months ago, I started receiving weird texts. I even changed my phone number a couple of times, but this person somehow managed to found my number again and if I block it, he would text me again with a different number. To be honest I am scared."

I didn't know why something like that kept happening to me. People say that being pretty is a cursed but I don't think that I am. However many people say so. So at least I know that I'm not ugly. 

"What a bastard. Arghh, I'm so pissed off. Why do those kind of people live in this world?" He swore. I stole a glance at him, Yoon Gi's expression was quiet scary right now. "You should be very careful. From my own experience, stalkers can be very dangerous." He continued. 

From the way he talked, he seemed to have quite an experience dealing with stalkers. He is in BTS, for God's sake. He must have it worse than me.

"Yeah."

"Do you want to go to the police?" 

"I don't think that is a good idea. How if it is just a prank?" 

"It don't seem like it." He clicked his tongue. "But you're right, we don't have enough evidences besides the texts, and he keep changing number."

I nodded. We didn't talk again after that. But he didn't let go of my hand too and sometimes he would rub circles on my hand comfortingly. 

******

Yoon Gi and I arrived in front of my house. 

I glanced around before stepping out of the car, making sure there's nobody lurking in the dark. 

Yoon Gi seemed to catch my anxiety, because he suddenly asked. "Do you want me to come?"

I was quite surprised but thankful at the same time that he asked first. I was debating earlier, whether to invite him or not. I just feels safer with him. 

"Yes." I nodded. 

He gave me a faint smile. 

I opened up my garage so he could park his car inside. He helped me close the gates before we entered my house together. My heart was beating faster due to the fact that Yoon Gi was in my house. 

Yoon Gi looked around the living room as soon as we're inside, seemed quite fascinated by my house. 

"You have a beautiful house." He commented. 

"Thanks.." I replied. "Ehm.. You can wait here, watching TV or anything, just make yourself comfortable. I need to take a shower first." 

He nodded as he sat down on the couch in the living room. 

"You can grab a drink in the kitchen if you want." I pointed at the kitchen direction on the left side of the living room

"Sure." He the TV. 

"I'll be right back." I said one last time before walking upstairs to my room. 

I put my hands on my chest as soon as I close my bedroom door. Oh my God, is Min Yoon Gi just watching TV in my living room? The thought of having him here at my place is thrilling. It was different from when I was the one inside his apartment. For some reason I felt more vulnerable, it is my place after all, my safe haven.

I shook my head, trying to brush off any weird thoughts that I might had. I entered the shower and immediately enjoying the sensation of warm water on my skin. 

After I finished my shower, I walked to my closet only with a towel wrapped around my body and stood there for almost three minutes. What should I wear? Should I go with t-shirt and shorts or one piece? Character pajamas? Nightgown? Wait, but that would look too much.

I was just about to pick the pink one piece sweater when suddenly a power failure happened. I was so startled that I accidentally slipped on my still wet feet. 

I screamed out of my lungs. Damn! That hurts. I was just about to get up when I heard my bedroom door opened, I couldn't see clearly because it was dark. 

"Ji Eun ah, are you okay?" It was Yoon Gi's voice. He approached me. 

I was rubbing my sore bottom. "I'm fine, I slipped. Not a big deal. "

He grabbed my upper arm to help me get up. "And yet you screamed very loud. I was so startled when I heard your scream."

I was about to  answer when the light suddenly . Just then my towel, the only piece of clothing on my body decided that it was the right time to fall. My eyes widen in terror. His eyes too, seemed very shock. I caught a glimpse of blush creeping down his cheeks. Did Min Yoon Gi just blushed? Well, that's new? Just then I remembered my situation. 

"Get out, get out!!!" I yelled at Yoon Gi as I picked up the towel to cover my body.

"Sorry..." He yelled back as he ran and closed my bedroom door in the speed of light. 

What the just happened? I threw myself on the bed, covering my face with both of my palms. ! Did Min Yoon Gi just see me ? Oh my ing , my body isn't even that good to look at. Wait, that wasn't the right thing to think about right now. 

What should I do? I trashed around on the bed, feeling embarrassed. How could I face him now? 

******

After I calmed down I finally decided to go to the living room and meet Yoon Gi. I was the one who invited him here, I guess it isn't right to ditch him.

Besides, it wasn't entirely his fault. I was the one who suddenly screamed out loud after I told him a story about my stalker. He might be just worried about me. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter