Flashback 4

You're My First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback ~

Lee Ji Eun's POV

My days became so much more exciting ever since I started hanging out with Min Yoon Gi. We would often hang out at the rooftop or at the library, sometimes he would also walked me home. 

My friends such as Young Ji questioned my choice of company, because most people thought that Min Yoon Gi was some kind of weirdo and freak. But they didn't know him like I do, and I won't stop spending time with him just because some people thought he was weird. 

It wasn't like Yoon Gi and I suddenly become the best of friend, it was just that we were comfortable enough being around each other. 

It was in the middle of the second semester when I noticed some changes in Min Yoon Gi. He often skipped school, his grades were dropping and I could see his dark circles become more prominent. He became more quiet and distant and he semeed, I don't know, depressed? 

I tried to ask him a few times but he always brushed it off, saying that he was just tired. I didn't want to force him if he's not ready to open up to me, so I stopped questioning him. I didn't want to be a nuisance either. I knew it in my heart that even though he tolerated my presence, we were not actually that close to talk about personal matter. 

Until one day which was a month before the end of the semester. That day Min Yoon Gi has skipped school, it has been two days I noticed. 

I'm not usually the type who would skip classes, but that day I was really bored, so I skipped the third lesson and decided to go to the rooftop. 

The weather was cold. I wandered alone and found myself in Min Yoon Gi's usual spot. 

But then, I saw something that almost made me scream out of my lungs. 

Someone was standing on the edge of the rooftop. It was a boy. The place he stood was super dangerous. Just one wrong step and he could fall to his death. 

The boy's back was facing me so I couldn't see his face. But somehow I could feel his loneliness through his back. Even without seeing his face I knew it was Min Yoon Gi. 

He seemed to have lost every hope in life and it broke my heart to see him like that. I felt sad for him, all I wanted to do is to hug him and tell him that everything would be okay. 

"Yah!!  What are you doing up there, Min Yoon Gi?!" I knew it was a silly question. But I hoped he didn't mean to do something that I thought he would do. 

He never answered me as I was just talking to no one just now. I stepped in closer.

"Please come down!!  It's dangerous up there." I was starting to plead him.

He still didn't answer me. The athmosphere was tense. I didn't know how I got caught in this situation, but on the other hand I was glad that I decided to go the rooftop that day. I may have save a life. 

"You are not gonna jump down there right?" Of course he would. Who would want to enjoy the view from that spot?

It was quite again. I realized that he wouldn't talk to me. I had no choice but to get closer to him step by step. If it was possible, I could reach out and pull him in. 

"Do you know how it feels like, standing here?" Min Yoon Gi finally speaked. It startled me. I stopped right in my spot. 

His voice sounded so distant, not like his usual self. He was more like speaking to himself rather than speaking to me. 

"No." I answered. I wasn't going to get myself kill, so why would I stand there? Now, I had to keep talking to distract him. I didn't want to become the last person he talked to before he committed suicide. No, I won't let that happen. 

"It's peaceful.. I thought that I would be scared when I stand up here. But no, I'm not scared at all. Thinking of going to another world where I could be happy, it makes me feel brave."  He opened up his mind and started telling me his feelings. During our short time together, this is the first time he ever open up to me. But I wasn't in the position to feel happy right now. I was literally freaking out.

"No, you can be happy in this world." I argued. Why did people tend to give up their life so easily while some other people struggled to be alive every single day? Why couldn't people be thankful for being alive? 

"You don't understand. You will never understand the feeling of being pressured to do everything you don't like. You don't understand how hard it is to be your parent's perfect son." His tone was filled with anger and hatred. 

Actually I kind of understand what he means. But in my case I did feel obligated to be my mother's perfect daughter. So it was actually my own choice.

I took a deep breath. "Yes, I may not understand what you've been suffering but I do know that our fate is in our hands

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter