Minor incidents in the kitchen

B.A.P Hello Baby

 

Your POV

 

 " So, what are you doing? " Daehyun asked and I rolled my eyes, still stirring the soup. I placed the ladle on the plate and turned to him.

 

 " Isn't it obvious that I'm making soup? " I said sacarstically.

 

Daehyun grinned. " For me? "

 

I jokingly slapped his arm. " If it was for you, I won't make it. " I turned back to the soup and picked up the ladle before stirring it again.

 

 " Hmph, you're biased! " he complained.

 

 " Towards who? " I asked as I walked over to the other side of the kitchen to grab some salt.

 

 " AGAINST me! " he answered. " You're clearly cooking that for Hyemi and you're cooking none for me. "

 

I looked at him and saw him pouting. I shook my head at his childish act.

 

 " You're old enough to cook for yourself, Daehyun, " I pointed out as I pinched some salt and added it into the soup.

 

Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms hugging my waist and I flinched. I turned my head and saw Daehyun still pouting as he leaned his chin onto my shoulder.

 

 " Let go of me, " I told him sternly but he shook his head.

 

 " Not until you agree to cook for me~ "

 

I sighed in defeat. Sometimes, I wonder if he's even older than me.

 

 " Arasso, arasso. I'll cook for you. Now let go of me! " I slapped his hands and he quickly let go of me, grinning.

 

 " Jinjja?! " he asked and I nodded.

 

I pointed my finger at him. " But you must help me with it. "

 

His face suddenly dropped. " Wae?? You're cooking for me! "

 

I shrugged. " No food for you then. "

 

 " Okay, okay! I'll do it! " he surrendered and I smiled.

 

 " Cut those carrots for me. " I pointed to the raw carrots beside the stove along with the chopping board.

 

I could see him gulped. I snickered secretly as I knew he had never cooked in his whole life, much less cutting carrots.

 

I watched him washed his hands and picked up one of the carrots onto the chopping board before picking up the knife. I smiled again and went to place the lid onto the pot of soup to let it simmer. I went on to take a frying pan to fry some eggs. I was about to whisk the eggs when I heard the sound of the knife against the chopping board but the sound interval was extremely slow.

 

I went closer to Daehyun and saw the way he sliced the carrot. I was shocked by the sizes of the sliced carrots - there were some very thick slices and too thin ones, while the others were somewhat thick on top and thin below. I shook my head and held his wrist to stop him from continuing. He stopped slicing and looked at me in confusion.

 

 " Forget it, Daehyun. You're not helping. Just..go outside while I get this done, " I said and dragged him away from the chopping board as he placed the knife on the board. I stood in his place and sliced the rest of the carrots - evenly.

 

 " Woah~ you're doing well! " he commented as he stood next to me. " The carrot was harder than I thought. "

 

I shook my head and looked up at him. " You have not cooked once in your entire life, it's no wonder you don't know how hard raw carrots are. "

 

He pouted. " Mianhae~ Can I help you with other things then? " he asked.

 

I raised my eyebrow. " I thought you didn't want to help, " I reminded him and he shrugged.

 

 " I must get some experience in cooking so that I can cook like you! " he said and I chuckled.

 

 " Arasso. Surely, you can handle frying omelettes right? " I gestured to the bowl containing the whisked eggs.

 

He saluted, " Yes Ma'am! " He walked off to fry the omelette.

 

I went back to cutting the carrots and soon after, I heard some sizzling from the pan but just a moment after, I heard Daehyun yelped. I looked up and saw him blowing on his index finger. I put the knife down and went up to him.

 

 " Wae geurae? " I asked as I took his hand. I saw a red, swollen burn mark on the index finger. " Aish, why are you so careless? " I dragged him to the sink and let running water onto his index finger.

 

 " I accidentally touched the pan, " he explained.

 

I sighed. This is a disaster.

 

I turned the tap off and told him to stay while I went to the bathroom to grab some toothpaste.

 

I came back and applied the toothpaste on his burn mark. After applying, I blew on it for a few seconds and then leaned back.

 

 " Done, " I said and looked up to him but my eyes widened slightly at how close our faces were - again.

 

I broke the eye contact and awkwardly cleared my throat before dragging him out of the kitchen. " Just sit outside and wait till the food's ready. "

 

I quickly went back to settle the omelette, feeling heat on my cheeks. Aish, what is wrong with me?!

 

Narrator's POV

 

Filming has resumed and the other members were having convos for the cameras while waiting for you to be done with the cooking.

 

 " Lunch's ready~ " you called out as you brought the food out onto the dining table in the living room.

 

Everyone shuffled to the dining table as they were too excited to start eating.

 

 " Hyemi-ah~ sit with omma here, " you said to her as you opened your arms for her to come to you.

 

She ran into your arms and you sat her next to you, in between you and Zelo.

 

 " We shall eat well~ " the members said in unison and started digging in.

 

Both you and Zelo took turns to feed Hyemi and Daehyun who sat next to you on the other side, pouted seeing how the 3 of you look so comfortable with each other.

 

You looked up after feeding Hyemi a spoonful of rice and turned to notice Daehyun not eating.

 

 " Wae an-meogo (why are you not eating)? " you asked Daehyun.

 

He shook his head. " I need you to feed me, " he admitted and you choked on your own spit.

 

 " Mwo?! " you shouted in a whisper tone.

 

He shrugged. " I hurt my finger, remember? " He raised up his right index finger.

 

You face palmed. " You only hurt a FINGER, not both hands! " You leaned in and whispered in his ear, " Besides, there's cameras here and your fans might misunderstand if they see me feeding you. "

 

You leaned back and Daehyun spoke, " I have a reason for not able to feed myself. " He raised his index finger again, showing his oh-so-innocent face. You glared at him and cursed him mentally.

 

 " So, are you gonna feed me? "

 

You sighed and eventually gave in since you didn't want the food that you've cooked so hard for to go to waste. You scooped some rice using his spoon and added some kimchi on top of it. You then shoved the food into his mouth, causing him to gag since the spoon went abit too deep into his throat.

 

 " Yah! Are you feeding a patient like that?! " he complained with his mouth still full after taking the spoon out.

 

You innocently shrugged. " Well, I AM feeding you, aren't I? "

 

Daehyun was about to argue when Hyemi cut him off with her baby babbling, " Appa~ Eat yourself! Omma mush eat alsho! "

 

Daehyun gaped in surprise at how his child acted and everyone, including you, laughed at him.

 

 " But Appa is hurt! See? " he showed his index finger again.

 

Hyemi shook her head. " Other hand. " She pointed to Daehyun's left hand, indicating that he can eat using that hand.

 

 " Forget it, Hyemi. This Appa is very stubborn, " you interrupted and fed her.

 

 " Our daughter's right - you can use THAT hand to eat, " Yongguk said in a mocking tone as he pointed to Daehyun's left hand and continued eating.

 

Aish, I was just trying to distract her from feeding Hyemi with Junhong, Daehyun thought and eventually he continued eating with his uninjured hand.

 

---

Sry for nt updating for a week >.< been really busy with school.. Pls suscribe and comment! ^^