Birthday Preparations Part I

B.A.P Hello Baby

 

2 weeks later (Narrator's POV)

 

 " Move more to the left. "

 

 " Here? "

 

 " Aniya, aniya. It's too far! Move to the right a bit. "

 

 " How is it now? "

 

 " No! It's too much! "

 

 " Aish, Yongguk hyung! Make up your mind please! "

 

 " Shut up Junhong! It's your fault you're not following my instructions. Move it slightly to the left. "

 

 " Is it okay now? "

 

 " There! Much better. "

 

Zelo rolled his eyes as he and Youngjae tied the 'Happy Birthday' banner to the wall on each end and then stepped down from the ladder. It was Hyemi's birthday today and everyone including you, were busy preparing for the birthday party at B.A.P's dorm while Jongup and Himchan brought Hyemi out to stall time.

 

 " Yah, where are the balloons? Have you blow them? " the leader asked Zelo. He nodded and pointed to his shared room.

 

 " It's inside, " he replied. " But it's only half done. "

 

 " Then go get it ready! Ppalli! We've not much time! " Yongguk urged and the maknae grunted, but went to get the balloons anyway.

 

Yongguk walked to the kitchen where you and Daehyun were preparing the cake.

 

 " How is it going? "

 

 " Okay, " both of you replied bluntly without looking up from what you were doing. You were mixing the butter and sugar while Daehyun's slicing the fruits for garnish.

 

Yongguk shrugged and went out to the living room to continue his 'work' - nagging. When he's gone, you spoke up.

 

 " I wonder what he's doing anyway. "

 

Daehyun laughed. " That's what leaders always do. Nothing but nagging. " You chuckled in agreement. You finished beating the butter and sugar and walked up to Daehyun to see his progress.

 

 " Are you okay? " you asked, looking at how uneven he was cutting the fruits.

 

Daehyun looked up at you and gave a sheepish laugh. " I guess not? " He gestured to the very uneven strawberries slices and the mango cubes which looked like it has been mashed.

 

You rolled your eyes and took the knife from him, replacing his duty. " I'll take care of this. You go and mix the flour into the butter and sugar. " You nodded your head to the mixing bowl which was already on the mixing machine.

 

He nodded in understanding and went off to put the self-raising flour into the bowl. He then put the top down so that the machine could mix the mixture well.

 

 " Ah! " he yelped, making you turned to him. He immediately stopped the machine and looked at you. You gasped at what happened to him but then burst into laughter - his face was covered completely with flour, with some on his shirt too.

 

 " Yah! Shut up! " he said as he wiped his face with a paper towel.

 

 " What happened to you? " you asked in between laughters as you tried to control yourself.

 

Daehyun pouted. " Molla, I was just mixing that and then suddenly the flour went all over me. " He pointed to the machine.

 

You shook your head. " I think you turned the speed to the highest, didn't you? " You placed the back of your hands on your waist. Daehyun's mouth formed an 'o' in realisation. He chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

 

 " I guess so... "

 

 " Go and wash up first. You're really got powdered by the flour, " you told him. He sighed, nothing goes right for me during cooking. Miyeon ended up cleaning the mess up for me. He felt ashamed.

 

 " Daehyun! What're you waiting for? Go get wash up! " He snapped out of his thoughts and saw you gesturing out the kitchen. He nodded absentmindedly and rushed to the bathroom to wash up.

 

You smiled to yourself as you continued on the fruits. He's so cute when he makes such mistake. You looked up in realisation and mentally slapped yourself. Aish, Miyeon! What the hell are you thinking?! You shook your head, trying to focus on the cake duties and went back to the fruit slicing.

 

---

 

By the time Daehyun had finished washing up, you had just placed the cake into the oven. His eyes widened in surprise. " You're done?! "

 

You jumped slightly and turned to him. " God, you scared me! " You placed your hand on your chest to calm your heartbeat. " Yeah, now that's left is for it to cook. "

 

You walked over to the sink to wash the utensils. Daehyun pouted in disappointment, I was just about to help her with the rest... You noticed that he was just standing there and you looked up to see him pouting, staring into space.

 

 " Daehyun? Daehyun?! " you called out, and he snapped out of his thoughts. " Wae geurae? You've been staring into space since just now. " You turned back to the utensils.

 

He sighed. " Mianhae Miyeon. I caused so much trouble for you, " he apologised. You looked at him and furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

 

 " What are you talking about? You caused no trouble for me. "

 

 " I did! I can never do anything right during cooking and you ended up cleaning the mess up for me. " He hung his head low. You exhaled heavily as you washed your hands and dried them with a paper towel; you didn't think that he felt that way.

 

You walked over to him and held his arm, making him look up to you as he flinched by your touch. " Aniya, you didn't cause any trouble, really. It was fun cooking with you! Especially seeing how you're cutting the ingredients, " you laughed and he gaped.

 

 " Yah! Don't tease me! I've never cooked before... What do you expect? " he pointed out. You shrugged.

 

 " Maybe I should come often to cook so that you would help me out, " you suggested. He beamed.

 

 " Jinjja?! I don't mind! Well, the others won't mind too! " You chuckled at his cute reaction and nodded in understanding.

 

 " Assa! " Without knowing, he pulled you into a hug and your eyes widened in surprise, frozen in his embrace. After a moment or two, Daehyun realised what he was doing and immediately let you go.

 

He awkwardly cleared his throat loudly. " M-mian, I didn't mean to. " He was blushing, and so were you. Both of you couldn't look at each other in the eye.

 

 " W-well, I'll go help outside. " You brisk-walked out of the kitchen immediately, holding your burning cheek. Aish, what's wrong with you Lee Miyeon?!