Cooking

B.A.P Hello Baby

Your POV

 

Everyone awed when they stepped into the cooking school. The class that we're filming at was already set up with the equipment, and there's 3 long tables for the cooking. 2 facing each other while one is in the middle.

 

The cameras were already rolling and we gathered infront of them before the PD briefed us.

 

 " There are number balls inside, " he said, holding up a small black bag. " All of you will pick them and those with the same ones are a team in this cooking game. " We nodded in understanding.

 

 " Ja, Yongguk ssi, please pick your number first. " The leader stepped forward and placed his hand deep into the bag. After a while, he took out his hand with the ball in it. He showed the number to the camera.

 

 " 2, " he announced.

 

The others also started coming forward and chose their numbers. Youngjae's was 2 as well, making him and Yongguk a pair. Junhong, Himchan and Jongup were a team. That makes me and Daehyun a pair automatically. I gulped, with him in such a state, can we even do this well?

 

 " Now, the instructions of the game. All of you must cook a dish which are suitable for Hyemi. She'll be tasting all your dishes, and she'll choose the one she like best. The team who wins will be exempted from the punishment, " the PD continued. I bit my lip nervously, what dish will Hyemi like?

 

 " You have an hour to do it. And your time starts....now! "

 

Everyone rushed to their table and started preparing for their cooking.

 

Narrator's POV

 

You started washing the utensils while you asked Daehyun to start taking out the ingredients. You've both discussed and decided to cook a meat sandwich for Hyemi. Without you knowing, Daehyun was actually excited that he ended up with you, and he forgot about yesterday's incident. All he wants to do now is to enjoy the cooking time with you.

 

After drying the utensils, you handed the chopping board to Daehyun and he started slicing the meat without a word. You were surprised that he did the stuff on his own. You decided to leave him alone (though he's struggling to slice the meat evenly, but you wanted him to try) while you get on to doing the sauce and vegetable filling.

 

You heated some oil into the pan and started putting in the chopped onions and sliced carrots that you did just now. While mixing the veggies to let it cook, you checked on Daehyun. You stood beside him and observed his cutting, which made him nervous since you were so near to him.

 

However, his slicing wasn't even, as usual. He even had trouble to put the knife on the meat so that it could slice thinly.

 

 " Daehyun, you're not doing it right. I'll show you, " you offered.

 

You grabbed his left hand, making him flinch, and guide it to hold the meat piece properly. Then, you took his right hand and guided his index finger on the blunt side of the knife, while the other fingers wrapped around the handle. Then you guided his hand to the meat, just a few mm away from the edge.

 

 " You hold the meat in place and then you carefully slice it. Keep the knife slightly away from the edge, " you explained as you guided him to cut the meat. You beamed as he managed to cut it into a thin strip. Daehyun secretly smiled too at his success.

 

 " There! Easy, isn't it? " you questioned, but as usual, he gave no reply as he focused on the meat. You tried to keep your spirits up; you didn't want to be in a bad mood at a time like this.

 

Daehyun continued his slicing carefully and slowly while you went back to the vegetables. You added some seasoning and lettuce before stirring the mixture again.

 

Your best friend observed you from the corner of his eye as he did his duty, biting his lip to stop himself from smiling. Though his smile won't be obvious since he's wearing that mask. I'll make sure I learn how to cook so that I can cook for Miyeon everyday and make her proud, he made a mental note.

 

 " Daehyun? You're done with the meat? " you asked him, making him snapped out of his thoughts. Thankfully, he sliced the last bit of meat on time. He nodded and placed the meat slices on the plate before handing it to you.

 

 " Gomawo! Can you help to slice the bread? " you asked. He nodded without a word and went to do his next duty.

 

---

 

 " 10 minutes to go, everyone! " the PD announced and everyone panicked, trying to speed up their work along with the clatterings of utensils and shoutings.

 

 " YAH, JUNHONG AH! WHERE'S THE BREAD?! "

 

 " YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! "

 

 " Jongup ah! You're not doing this right! Aish, jinjja! "

 

The only team who wasn't shouting whatsoever was yours and Daehyun. You were calmly putting the fillings into the bread which were sliced into bite sized triangles while Daehyun were arranging the done ones on the plate. He then washed the cucumber and sliced them thinly.

 

 " What are you doing? " you asked, when you saw him cutting the cucumbers into heart shapes and placed them on top of the sandwiches, smiling to himself.

 

He jerked his head up in surprise, and his eyes widened when his face was just a few inches away from yours. You blinked in surprise too and backed away, looking away awkwardly. He also stared back at the sandwich, blushing. Aish, why must she see them now?!

 

 " L-let's finish this up and serve this to Hyemi, " you stuttered as you arranged the last sandwich on the plate and put them aside before washing up your counter.

 

---

 

Hyemi was enjoying everyone's dishes, and it doesn't seemed like she will make her choice anytime soon. All the teams looked at her anxiously, with the same thought in their minds: does she like it?

 

 " Hyemi ah, can you decide which one you like the most? " the PD asked her.

 

She munched on the pancake that Yongguk and Youngjae made, and grabbed one of your sandwiches again, waiting to eat it up once she's done with the pancakes.

 

 " Hyemi ah, " the PD repeated and she finally turned to him in confusion. " Which dish do you like best? "

 

Hyemi pointed to the sandwich that you and Daehyun made, and the 2 of you grinned. But your faces fell when she pointed to the pancakes next, and then the burger that Zelo's team made. Everyone gaped.

 

 " I like ALLL of them! " she pronounced the word longer, with her arms spread open.

 

The PD blinked. " G-geurae? Can't you pick the best one, really? "

 

Hyemi hummed in thought, her finger on her chin. " Sandwich, " she said, pointing to your team's dish. You beamed while Daehyun only smiled - genuinely.

 

 " You like the sandwich the best? " the PD asked, and she nodded without looking at him as she ate another pancake. (Yeah, pancake, not sandwich)

 

You cheered while Daehyun only clapped, with the others applausing too though they were disappointed they didn't win. Unknowingly, you side-hugged Daehyun, making him froze and his heart beat rapidly. A few moments later, you realised what you did and immediately pulled away, clearing your throat awkwardly.

 

 " So, the winner for this cooking game is Daehyun and Miyeon's team! Congrats! " the PD announced as the others clapped again. " Now for the losing teams... "

 

The others groaned. This is NOT good...they thought. The staff members brought out 5 glasses of herbal drinks which were for the punishment. They added some egg yolks and other stuff which makes the drinks quite...disgusting.

 

 " Cheers? " Yongguk said as he brought his glass up and the others followed. Hesitantly, they gulped the drink in one go, with scrunched face. You cringed too, seeing that they have to drink such stuff.

 

 " This is horrible! " Jongup practically cried out as he gagged on the disgusting taste. The others did the same too.

 

After the punishment was done, and an hour more of filming, it soon came to an end for the day.

 

 " You've worked hard! Kamsahamnida! " you and B.A.P bowed and thanked the staff members.

 

You guys then left the cooking school and gathered outside it to wait for the manager to come with the car.

 

 " You're going home, Miyeon ah? " Himchan asked, and you nodded.

 

 " B-but I think I could just walk home, you know. It's not that far, " you stated, pointing to the direction of your house.

 

The members furrowed their eyebrows in concern. " Are you sure? It's already dark now. What if something happens to you? "

 

You shook your head. " Aniyo, I'll be okay. " Just then, the car came. " I'll see you guys soon! Have a good rest, oppas! " You bowed.

 

The members eventually gave in and nodded in agreement. " Arasso, be careful! If there's anything wrong, call us okay? " Yongguk reminded and you nodded.

 

You hugged Hyemi goodbye and waved to the others as they got into the car. You turned and left in the direction of your house. However, just before he got into the car, Daehyun looked at your disappearing figure, feeling worried. Will she be okay? Aish, I think I'll just send her home, just to make sure.

 

 " Hyung! You guys go back first! I have to do something! " he told the others, making them confused.

 

 " At this time -- YAH! "

 

The manager was interrupted when Daehyun just dashed off to where you left. He sighed, but was assured by Yongguk to just go off first. He shook his head and eventually drove off back to the dorm.

---

Awkward ending lol >.< Omo Im reaching 170 subbers soon! Thank you everyone!!! <3

PLEASE READ!

From now on, my updates will be around once every 2 weeks, because my national exams are JUST in a few months time so I have to focus more on my studies :) SO SCARED AND NERVOUS AHHH!! Okay anyway, if I do have more ideas, I'll update it often, ne? Thanks for your understanding everyone! ^^