Chapter 13

B.A.P Hello Baby

 

Your POV

 

 " MIYEON! MIYEON! " I heard Daehyun calling out but I ignored it and continued walking - fast. I'm very mad with what he did to Junhong!

 

Just then, he yanked my arm, making me stopped abruptly in my tracks. I looked away, not wanting to make eye contact with him.

 

 " Mianhae, Miyeon ah. I was j-just... " His voice faded and I turned to him curiously.

 

I crossed my arms over my chest as I glared at him. " Just what? You know how many people are there just now and you punched Junhong for no reason?! Yah, everyone will definitely gossiped about this! " I told him and he hung his head low in shame.

 

 " Actually... There was a reason that I did that, " he muttered, but I could hear him.

 

 " Huh? "

 

He remained quiet for a moment. He then said something barely in a whisper, which I couldn't even figure out what was it. " What? Yah, you're saying it too softly! "

 

 " I said I was jealous that Junhong landed on top of you! " he raised his voice as he looked at me, his words coming out in a machine gun speed - literally.

 

I blinked in surprise. " Jealous?? " I repeated. He nodded and stared at the ground again. Was it just me or did I see a slight tint on his cheeks?

 

 " I...like you Miyeon ah, " he replied. I blinked in surprise. Well, not totally, since I've heard him saying something about confessing and --

 

 " Yeah... " he answered and looked up at me straight in the eyes with a serious and sincere look.

 

I gulped. " H-how l-long has it been? "

 

He started counting with his fingers openly. " 10 years, " he answered. I gasped in shock.

 

 " MWO?! 10 YEARS?! THAT LONG?! " I shouted and he flinched. He nodded, biting his bottom lip.

 

 " Well... Eversince I met you at that staircase, I had feelings for you. Err... Love at first sight, I guess? " He gave an awkward laugh.

 

I gave him a poker face. " Why didn't you say earlier? " I mumbled.

 

 " I was afraid you wouldn't accept me since we're best friends for years now... " he answered, and I was surprised that he heard what I said.

 

 " Oh, " was the only thing I managed to say.

 

Long, awkward silence.

 

 " So... I'm sorry for what I did just now, " he spoke up, rubbing the back of his neck. I shook my head.

 

 " No, you should apologise to Junhong instead. He got punched for no reason, " I corrected, rolling my eyes at the last sentence.

 

Daehyun sighed as he slouched his shoulders. " Arasso, " he agreed. " But! It's not exactly my fault that he got punched... " I could hear what he was mumbling and I punched his arm hard.

 

 " So you're saying your jealousy should be blamed then? " I tilted my head.

 

He nodded, and I gave him another punch on the arm, making him mouthed 'oww' with a cringed face as he rubbed the spot.

 

I rolled my eyes. " Let's just go. " I was about to turn back to the direction of the ice rink when he grabbed my wrist. I looked at him in confusion.

 

 " Miyeon ah, will you be my...girlfriend? " he proposed all of a sudden, and I blinked at him in surprise.

 

 " Eh? "

 

He took a deep breath. " I, Jung Daehyun, wants you, Lee Miyeon, to be my girlfriend, " he stressed it again. I had mixed feelings; I don't know what to answer.

 

I remained silent for a moment. " I don't know, D-Daehyun. I -- "

 

He sighed. " Gwenchana, I get it. I mean, I don't expect you to return the same feelings to me anyway. " I looked worriedly at him; disappointment was written all over his face. I bit my bottom lip.

 

 " M-mianhae, Daehyun, " I apologised, feeling guilty for rejecting my own best friend.

 

He shook his head as he forced a wide smile. " Nah, it's okay. It was too sudden to ask you, " he reasoned out. " Let's go then! " And then he walked off first.

 

I sighed. Mianhae, Daehyun, but hopefully one day I could return the same feelings to you.

 

At the ice rink

 

I spotted Junhong at the seats beside the rink, with Jongup oppa applying medication to his wounds. I jogged over to them.

 

 " Junhong-ah, you okay? " I asked worriedly, noticing how swollen the bruise has become.

 

He nodded with a smile. " It hurts, but it'll be fine in a few days. " I sighed in relief, though I was still worried should the wounds leave a scar or something. I turned my head to find Daehyun and saw him a few feet behind me, looking at Junhong. He noticed me staring at him and I gestured him to come over. He was hesitant at first but after I glared at him, he immediately went over.

 

 " Apologise, " I mouthed as I gestured to the maknae beside me. Junhong was making  eye contact with Daehyun either as he tried to busied himself with something.

 

I could see Daehyun gulped. After a few moments, he spoke up. " Uhm, Junhong-ah. "

 

Junhong reluctantly looked up and I could see a slight fear in his eyes.

 

 " S-sorry about j-just now. I was acting too harsh, " Daehyun continued.

 

Junhong nodded in understanding. " N-ne, hyung. I-it's okay, " he replied.

 

Daehyun smiled. " So we're good now? " The maknae nodded as he returned the smile. Daehyun literally jumped onto Junhong to give him a tight hug, causing his hand to accidentally touch the wound on Junhong's lips.

 

 " Ah! " he yelped, and Daehyun immediately let go.

 

 " Wae geurae? " He examined his face carefully.

 

 " You touched my wound, " Junhong replied and Daehyun gasped.

 

 " Mianhae, maknae-ah! So sorry! " he apologised frantically as he tried to lessen the pain by finding something but failed.

 

Junhong shook his head. " Gwenchana hyung, " he replied.

 

I shook my head and saw Jongup oppa doing the same thing too. We both chuckled. Haish, the forever childish Daehyun.

---

Crappy chappie again T_T