White Day Part II

B.A.P Hello Baby

 

Your POV

 

 " Finally, I'm done! " I cheered as I straightened up after cleaning the last table at the restaurant. It was end of my part-time shift today, and I looked up at the clock and realised it was already 7pm. I sighed tiredly.

 

I went back into the staff lockers' room and changed out of my work attire. I was alone in the restaurant since the rest have left a while ago. After changing, I grabbed my bag and walked out the restaurant, locking the doors after that. When I turned around, I yelped in surprise seeing Junhong standing a few metres away from me. He was grinning while waving with his right hand, his left behind his back.

 

I absentmindely waved back. " Hi? " I greeted and it came out more of a question that a greeting. He chuckled and walked towards me.

 

 " Anyeong, " he greeted back.

 

 " What're you doing here? " I asked.

 

He smiled again. " You know what day's today? "

 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Not my birthday, as far as I knew.. And I don't think it's Junhong's too. I shook my head.

 

 " It's White Day! " he exclaimed. It took me a few seconds to realise before my mouth formed an 'o'.

 

 " Ah! Right! " But then, I furrowed my eyebrows again. " So...? "

 

He held out his left arm, and my eyes widened in surprise when I saw a pink teddy bear with  a stalk of red rose, a small card attached to it.

 

 " This... "

 

 " My White Day gift for you, " he answered, grinning. I felt moved by his efforts. I slowly took the gifts from him and smiled.

 

 " Gomawo, Junhong ah, " I thanked him and he smiled in return.

 

 " You...wana take a stroll in the park? " he asked. I nodded immediately.

 

He offered to take my bag for me and then he led the way to the park near my house, with the gifts in my hands.

 

---

 

 " How'd you know I like teddy bears? " I asked, as we both sat down on a bench.

 

Junhong gave a small laugh. " You said it yourself. During our first meeting, remember? "

 

My eyes widened in realisation, and then chuckled sheepishly. " Oh right... I forgot, " I muttered.

 

It was then silence between us, but it was comfortable though. I stared at the pink teddy bear with a smile; it was really cute.

 

 " You like it? " Junhong asked all of a sudden. I looked at him and nodded.

 

 " It's really pretty and cute, " I commented. He smiled.

 

 " Ah right, you haven't read the card, have you? " He pointed to the card attached to the flower.

 

My mouth formed an 'o' and detached the card from the flower before opening it to read the content :

 

Anyeong, Miyeon ah! Keke~ Happy White Day! You must be surprised that I gave you a present, right? Well, I don't know if you liked pink, but I do know you love teddy bears, so I bought you one! But today, I have something to tell you...

 

I like you, Miyeon ah. I've been having feelings for you eversince we first met. I don't know if you'll return the same feelings, but I feel like I should just tell you. Eversince we started Hello Baby, I fell in love with you more each day. I'm jealous of Daehyun hyung actually, for having such a good and pretty friend like you for years. I like you, Miyeon ah. Will you accept my feelings?

 

- Junhong

 

My eyes widened in surprise when I read the message. He has feelings for me?! I'm flustered right now; Daehyun had confessed to me before, and now even Junhong's doing the same thing?! I looked up at him and saw him with an anticipating look on his face.

 

 " Is...it true? " I croaked, I felt as if there's a lump in my throat.

 

He nodded and held my hands, looking at me straight in the eyes. " Yeah, I really like you Miyeon ah. I know this is sudden for you but...everytime you're near me, my heart beats alot faster. So after a while... I realised that I actually like you, " he explained.

 

I gulped. " Miyeon ah, could you...be my girlfriend? "

 

My eyes widened in shock. What's going on?! He stared at me with sincere eyes though his fringe is slightly covering them. I bit my lip, feeling guilty that I would have to reject him since I don't have any mutual feelings towards him.

 

I hung my head, and slowly pulled my hands away from his. " Mianhae, Junhong. I... I can't accept your feelings, because I don't have the same feelings as you. All this while I only treated you as a very close friend, pretty much like a brother, and nothing more. " I looked up at him, guilt gushing through me when I saw disappointment on his face. " I didn't expect you have that kind of feelings to me. But... I'm sorry, Junhong. "

 

It was awkward silence as he didn't give a reply and only looked down in disappointment. I tried looking at the bright side.

 

 " We can still be friends, right? " I beamed, hoping it'll cheer him up.

 

He looked up at me and a moment later, nodded with a small smile; though I could see it's a fake one. " I'm sure there's other girls who are like me, and maybe you'll have feelings for her too! "

 

 " Arasso, Miyeon ah. Sorry for giving you such a shock. I just... "

 

 " Gwenchana, " I assured him, patting his shoulder. " You're a great guy, really. And a handsome one at that. You'll definitely find a great girl! "

 

He chuckled and ruffled my hair. I pouted as I combed my fringe back into place. " Let's go home now. You must be tired after a day of schedule, " I pointed out.

 

He shook his head, smiling, making me confused. " I don't have any schedules today. That's why I went out to shop for your gifts the whole day, " he laughed it out. I felt my cheeks burning in embarassment.

 

 " Oh, " I muttered. " Well, but I'm tired! "

 

He laughed and nodded. " Okay then, I'll walk you home. " I nodded in agreement and we both stood up before walking back to my house.