What's bothering him?

B.A.P Hello Baby

 

Your POV

 

I groaned as the annoying alarm rang, indicating that it's 8am. It was filming day, and if it wasn't for it, I would be sleeping in - probably until noon.

 

After bathing and ate breakfast, I dressed up before going to B.A.P's dorm. When I arrived there, I punched in the door code and it beeped as it unlocked.

 

I stepped in, only to find the camera crew who were busy setting up the equipment and Hyemi playing cook alone in the middle of the living room. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion - where are the B.A.P members?

 

Hyemi whipped her head and beamed when she saw me. She dropped the spoon she was holding and ran up to me. I bent down and caught her into a hug, carrying her as I straightened up.

 

 " Omma, you're here! "

 

I smiled at her cuteness. " Anyeong, Hyemi. Where's appas? "

 

 " Finding money. Yongguk appa will buy Barbie dolls for me! "

 

I laughed and pinched her nose. Doesn't she mean, working?

 

 " Then you're alone? "

 

She nodded and her face fell. " Very lonely... " She pouted.

 

I chuckled and ruffled her hair. " Appa will be here soon. You go and play first, arasso? " She nodded and I put her down before she ran back to her toys. I walked to the living room and greeted the crew, bowing.

 

 " Hi, Miyeon ssi. We have to wait for a while. B.A.P is on the way home from schedules, " the PD said and I nodded in understanding.

 

I looked around the dorm and realised that it was very messy. Rubbish, dirty clothes... Sigh, what an environment for Hyemi to stay in.

 

Couldn't stand the mess, I decided to clean the place up a bit. After picking up the litters in the living room, I went into the rooms. Well, not to intrude their privacy, but I bet there's more mess in there.

 

I first went to Daehyun's shared room with Himchan and Yongguk. After sweeping and cleaning up the beds, I went over to clean the dressing table.

 

However, something caught my eye. Unknowingly, I brought my hand to it. It was a medium sized box, and beside it was a stalk of rose, with a small card attached to it. Just like what Junhong gave to me yesterday on White Day. But it seemed as if they were just thrown on the table.

 

I took the box and opened it out. I gasped in surprise to see a necklace in it. What's more surprising is that it has the initials M.Y as the pendant. It can't be M.Y for Miyeon right? Curious, I took the rose too and opened the card. I was shocked again - I could recognise that handwriting anywhere as Daehyun's, with my name in the message:

 

Happy White Day, Miyeon ah! <3 I know I've been giving you gifts for years now on White Day, but today, it's a very special gift for you. Saranghae, Miyeon ah! And you know I don't mean it in a best friend way ^^ I promised that I'll make you mine one day! Arasso?

 

- Your soon-to-be boyfriend, Jung Daehyun

 

I felt slightly guilty and confused by the message. Guilty being that I didn't accept his feelings yet, and I could see that he's trying hard, just by this message and also the efforts he's been making for the past weeks (or years). But I was confused - why were the gifts still here, though White Day was yesterday? He didn't even meet me or anything.

 

Just then, my thoughts were interrupted when I heard Yongguk's voice from outside.

 

 " We're home! " he shouted. I quickly put the card, rose and necklace box in place before walking out of the room.

 

 " Oh, Miyeon's here! Anyeong! " Youngjae greeted when he noticed me. I waved and smiled. The others greeted as well.

 

...Except Daehyun.

 

I looked at him and when he saw me, he immediately looked away. He was wearing that mask again, which was rare when he's with me. But oh well, he always wears it anyway.

 

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion at his reaction. Something's going on with him, I thought. I knew him too well; that look on his face tells me there's something bothering him.

 

I pushed that matter to the side for a while when the PD told us to gather.

 

 " So, for today's filming, we'll be doing a cooking class! " he announced, and the members cheered. I glanced at Daehyun and saw that he showed no reaction; just a small smile. A fake one, at that.

 

 " We'll be going to a cooking school right now. So, we'll meet downstairs in 10 minutes, okay? "

 

Everyone agreed and dispersed to get ready.

 

 " Miyeon ah, Daehyun ah! You two go and get Hyemi's stuff ready! " Himchan hollered from the kitchen.

 

 " Arasso-yo! " I replied. I searched for the baby bag and placed it beside Daehyun, who was folding extra clothes for Hyemi, in the living room. I sat down next to him and started packing her water, juice and the folded clothes.

 

 " So, we're cooking today! Aren't you excited? " I asked him, breaking the silence. He didn't reply and continued folding the clothes, as if I didn't exist.

 

I grew worried. This isn't working. I cleared my throat awkwardly.

 

 " Gwenchana? " I asked, looking at him, hoping he would turn and face me. However, he only mumbled a 'yes' and packed the remaining stuff into Hyemi's bag, without turning to me. I ended up not packing anymore and he zipped the bag up.

 

 " D-Daehyun -- "

 

 " I'm going down now. See you later, " he muttered, his voice muffled, as he stood up, grabbing the bag on the way and walked out of the dorm. I froze; I didn't expect him to act this way to me. Could it be about that White Day gifts?

 

 " Miyeon? Miyeon? Yah! "

 

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up to see Jongup staring down at me. I blinked. " N-ne? "

 

 " Let's go now! We'll be late, " he urged. My mouth formed an 'o' in realisation and scrambled up to my feet. I heard him chuckle.

 

 " What's wrong with you? You were lost in thoughts, " he commented as we both walked out of the dorm. The others already went downstairs, leaving only me and him. I smiled nervously and shook my head.

 

 " A-aniyo. I'm ok, " I lied. He shrugged in defeat and didn't asked me anymore questions as we made our way to the lobby.

 

In the car

 

It was awkward silence between me and Daehyun on the way to the cooking school, since I was sitting beside him. I was in the middle of him and Youngjae, and Daehyun only looked out the window. He didn't looked at me, NOT EVEN ONCE. Plus, he didn't even breathed a word, even to the members. Aish, this guy's making me crazy.

 

Narrator's POV

 

You kept glancing at Daehyun, who seemed as if he's a statue, not moving once at all and only stared out the window. But the truth is, he didn't want to look at you because of what happened yesterday.

 

FLASHBACK

 

Daehyun practically skipped to your work place, with the rose and necklace box in his hand. He knew you would finish your job anytime soon, so he made his way there. He was grinning non-stop, since it was White Day, which was even more special for him eversince he confessed to you. Who knows, you might accept his feelings?

 

He was just a few feet away from the restaurant you're working at. He stopped in his tracks and smiled when he saw you outside, locking the door. But his smile faded when he noticed Zelo walking up to you and saw the teddy bear and a stalk of rose hidden behind his back. Daehyun's heart fell when Zelo came up to you and handed you his gifts.

 

 " I was the one who's suppose to give White Day gifts to her first! " he thought.

 

He was more disappointed that his fellow member gave his love White Day gifts. Junhong can't be liking her, right?! he thought. He snapped out of his thoughts when he saw you and Zelo walking away in the direction of the park near your house. He followed you two.

 

Daehyun hid behind the bush which was right behind the bench you and Zelo were sitting at. His eyes widened in surprise and felt his heart break when Zelo confessed to you. He clenched his fist angrily. Before you could reply, he already walked off, with a heavy heart and tears threatened to fall, not knowing that he actually missed out the most important thing - your response to Zelo's confession.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

Daehyun sighed quietly as he thought of yesterday's incident. He closed his eyes, trying to stay calm. You bit your lip as you stared at him worriedly and held his arm, making him flinched and turned to you.

 

 " Daehyun -- "

 

 " We're here! "

 

You were interrupted by B.A.P's manager who had stopped infront of the cooking school. Turns out that you guys already arrived. Before you could respond, he quickly got out of the car without a word. You sighed, and then went out of the car a few moments after him. I need to find out what's bothering him, you mentally noted.

---

Double update today! I'm already drafting the next chapter so please wait~ ^^ Please comment and suscribe!