Lotte World Part III + Confession???

B.A.P Hello Baby

 

Narrator's POV

 

It was already close to 6pm and it was getting dark. But, you and Daehyun were still not done with the rides.

 

 " Daehyun, let's take the ferris wheel and then go home after that, " you suggested, pointing to the big ferris wheel ahead. " I'm already too tired. "

 

He blinked at you in surprise. " Are...you sure? You're afraid of heights, aren't you? " he asked worriedly. You nodded and shrugged innocently.

 

 " Well... I just think that the city view from up there will be pretty. " You looked up at the top of the wheel.

 

He still felt unsure if you should go to the ride but since you were eager to go, he decided to give in. " Arasso, let's go then! "

 

After reaching, you two went into one of the cabin and the ride went off. When both of you reached the top of the wheel, the city view was really amazing - with the lights in the buildings on.

 

 " Wah it's so pretty~! " you commented as you looked out the window. Daehyun smiled, looking your grinning side profile. I guess she's too engrossed in the view to be afraid of the heights.

 

But suddenly, the cabin jerked and stopped when it was still at the peak. You immediately held onto Daehyun's arms as a reflex. " W-what happened? " You looked at Daehyun worriedly.

 

Daehyun shrugged. He looked down and saw the booth tender fiddling with the switch box that controls the ferris wheel. It turns out that there was some technical errors which causes the ferris wheel to stop halfway.

 

 " I think there's some technical difficulties with the wheel. But they're fixing it now, " Daehyun replied as he turned back to you.

 

 " Etteoke?! Will we even get down?! " You started panicking as your grip tightened on Daehyun's arm.

 

 " Ah Miyeon! You're hurting me! Don't worry, we'll definitely get down soon, " he said as he tried to peel your fingers off his arm. You relaxed a little after seeing his assuring look on his face and nodded in understanding. You remained silent as you tried not to over-think about the situation.

 

 " Erm, do you...wana lean on me? You know, to calm you down, " he offered shyly, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. You blinked at him in surprise.

 

 " Can I?? " you asked, and he nodded. He shifted closer to you and patted his shoulder, signalling that you could rest your head on it.

 

You blushed slightly and shyly leaned your head on his shoulder. It felt awkward at first, and both of your heartbeats went faster at each other's touch. You both felt stiff but after a while, you two started to relax.

 

 " Thanks Daehyun, " you answered after the few moments of awkward silence.

 

Daehyun smiled. " It's nothing much. " You two stayed like that the whole time while your eyelids started getting heavy.

 

 " Miyeon ah, can I...tell you something? " he spoke up. You only hummed in response weakly as you already felt too tired.

 

Daehyun gulped as he gathered up all his courage. " I... I actually like you. I don't know if you noticed it, but I've been having feelings for you eversince we met when you were 7. "

 

He smiled as he recalled the incident. " I guess it's love at first sight? I don't know. I loved everything about you - like how you could be angry but cute at the same time, and how you're actually kind of a tomboy sometimes. When you agreed to be in Hello Baby, I was very happy because I get to see you more often. But then...you were already quite close with Junhong even during the 1st meeting and I felt jealous actually, " he snorted at the end, thinking back at his over-reacting behaviour over such a small matter.

 

 " I know you only treat me as a friend but I hope one day, you'll return the same feelings to me. I...love you, Lee Miyeon. " He sighed in relief as he finally poured out his feelings after all these years, feeling as if a heavy weight was lifted off his shoulders. He remained silent as he waited for your response but...

 

No answer.

 

 " Miyeon? Miyeon? " he called out but it was still silence. He looked down and realised that your eyes were already closed and your breathing is even. You even wrapped your arms around his, without him (and you)realising. (You know how you're when you're asleep.) He sighed, why does she always sleep at the wrong time? He let it go and gave a peck on the top of your head before leaning against the back of the seat.

 

30 minutes later (Your POV)

 

 " Miyeon? Miyeon? " A voice called out as someone shook my shoulder slightly. I fluttered my eyes open as I woke up from my sleep. Wait, I've been asleep? O.o

 

I straightened up from wherever I was leaning against and rubbed my eyes. I turned to the side and came face to face with Daehyun. I backed away slightly in surprise.

 

He smiled, which made me confused. " We can get down now, " he answered, which made me even more confused.

 

I looked around and noticed that we were still the ferris wheel cabin, already at the bottom. My mouth formed an 'o' as I remembered that the ride stopped halfway just now.

 

 " Oh, " was the only thing that I managed to say. Daehyun held his hand out. I stared at it and up to him confusingly. He gestures to his extended hand and realisation hit me. " Oh, right! "

 

I placed my hand on his before he held mine and led me out of the cabin.

 

 " Sorry for the inconvenience. " The booth tender bowed deeply as we walked past him.

 

 " Gwenchana-yo, " Daehyun replied, smiling and gave a bow. I did the same thing before we both walked off.

 

Narrator's POV

 

Daehyun and you were now walking back to your house, hand-in-hand, since Daehyun insisted in accompanying you as it was already pretty late. (You've been holding hands since at Lotte World.) Daehyun had also called the members, who said that they were already in the dorm after waiting for both of you for too long.

 

Daehyun and you were silent the whole time; your best friend felt awkward after confessing to you earlier while you simply didn't notice his awkwardness.

 

Soon, you reached your house door. You turned back to him and smile.

 

 " I'm here now. You can go back home, Daehyun, " you said. He returned the smile and nodded.

 

 " Umm, but... " You gestured to your held hands. He looked down and gasped before yanking his hand off yours, slightly blushing.

 

 " S-see you s-soon, I guess. Goodnight, Miyeon, " he answered, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

 

You chuckled at his flustered behaviour. " Ne, goodnight. " You waved him goodbye and he did the same. You were about to open the door when --

 

 " Miyeon ah! " he called out. You turned back and tilted your head in confusion.

 

 " Wae? "

 

He froze for a moment, should I? Should I not? Should I -- " N-nothing. Go in now, " he said. You furrowed your eyebrows but then smiled and went in, locking the door after you.

 

When you were gone, Daehyun grunted as he kicked the tree beside him.

 

 " Aish! You stupid coward, Jung Daehyun! Why didn't you just confess to her?! Aish!!! " he shouted, punching the air. After some punches, he exhaled heavily as he slouched his shoulders and then dragged his feet back to the dorm.

 

Back in the house, you heard and saw what Daehyun was doing, through the living room window. Your eyes widened, confess?! He...couldn't have liked me, right? You shook your head, thinking that it was just your imagination. You shook the thought off and went up to your room to get ready for bed.

---

Erh...awkward flow of story >.< Sorry everyone~ Since I felt guilty not updating for a week or so, I decided to do 2 updates :) Thanks to my new suscribers!

PLEASE COMMENT~