A Twist of Fate

Married by Day, Troubled by Night

“Oh man... I’m beat...” Finally finding a spare seat in a busy department store, you let all the bags that were hanging on yours arms fall to the floor. You were getting red marks from the handles.

“Ah milady, would you like some assistance?”

“Huh? Ah, no thanks, it’s fi - L.Joe?!” In an instance, the bags dropped from your arms and spilled out all its contents; bags, coats, boots and even lingerie. 

As L.Joe’s eyes stopped at your lacy lingerie, his cheeks turns a bright red against the white setting of New York and coughed to try and clear his throat. “So... I guess you will be needing my help then?”

You looked down and gave a sheepish smile, “Yes.”

It wasn’t long till everything was back in their proper bags. L.Joe, taking half your load, made your life so much easier. “So, what are you doing here in New York?” You asked, trying hard not to slip on the ice on the pavement. 

“Oh... just a holiday. You just need to get away sometimes, you know?”

You nodded and gave him a smile, pleased to have company. New York may be filled with beauty and fashion but it’s always better to have someone to share it with.

 

A couple more blocks later, you and L.Joe found a warm cafe and decided to take a rest from the walking and the shopping spree. 

Smiling, you held your cup of coffee and watched the steam rise. L.Joe looked at you with a look that anyone walking by could tell. He was in love. 

L.Joe cleared his throat. “So uh... where’s Woohyun?”

You raised an eyebrow, “How did you know I came with him?”

“Um... uh... I just assumed that he’d be with you.”

You chuckled, laughing at a flustered L.Joe. “He’s here but uh, he’s kinda busy today. Plus, unless we’re shopping at Giorgio Armani, he doesn’t really care for much of the shopping I do. Sometimes, it’s like dragging an empty shell along.”

L.Joe’s face softened. *I’d go shopping with you any day, because that means spending time with you.*

For hours afterwards, L.Joe listened tentatively as you told him stories about your adolescence, trying to learn more about you so that even if you were married, he could still feel closer to you in some way. 

 

********************

 

Woohyun laid in bed, eyes open, thinking about what he had just done. Glancing over at Wooram, she was a living testimony that he had just cheated on the most beautiful and loving wife he’s ever married. Guilt washed over Woohyun as he struggled to make amends with himself. How could he ever look you in the eye again? 

He cursed himself for being so weak, for falling under temptation so easily but what’s done is done. There’s nothing he can do now. And like a miracle, Woohyun began resting his eyes and fell intro troubled sleep. But that wasn’t where it ended. As Woohyun drifted off to sleep with his demons, Wooram started waking up to her best day yet. And she wanted photos to prove it.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Cupid’s Arrow

 

Hello, my beautiful Cupids! :) 

I hope all is well ^^ Have you guys been spreading love in my stead? 

It’s been waaaaay too long since I’ve updated. To be honest, I’m slightly giving up on writing stories... haha.

I just don’t have to time to do it anymore. Luckily though, my final exams will be over in two weeks so I’ll have a massive 4 month holiday ^^

Maybe I’ll be able to find a nice cafe, sit and write some stories for you guys haha.

 

Stay safe and spread love!