It Only Took A Heartbeat

Married by Day, Troubled by Night

The whole week, you had been going non-stop about the trip to New York. 

“What coat should I bring?” 

“Will I slip in my heels like Carrie did in in the City?”

“What if I catch a cold there!?”

Every time, Woohyun would just chuckle and pat you on the head. “You worry too much. We’re not going away for another month and you’re already stressing. Can you imagine what you’ll be like a week before we go?” He gave a little shudder. “It’ll be like bridezilla but like… travell-zilla or something.”

You gave Woohyun a little punch on the chest and scoffed at the idea. “Puh-lease! I wasn’t the one fussing over the colour of the napkins because they looked more like ‘sky blue’ than ‘tiffany blue’.”

Giving you a pout as you rolled your eyes, Woohyun immediately retreated from his stance. “Okay…”

“Only I can put up with you!” Laughing, you ruffled Woohyun’s perfectly styled hair and watched as he immediately tried to fix it. 

 

********************

 

It’s been a week and you haven’t given me any orders. Have you given up or just being plain old lazy, you hag. - L.Joe

Showing no apparent respect for his rich employer, L.Joe sank into his couch and put his legs up on the coffee table. He contemplated on the possibilities of why there hadn’t been any texts from Wooram as of late. Was he fired without notice? No way, they has signed a contract and if she did, she would have to pay him the penalty rate for a pre-mature cancellation. 

Had she actually just given up on Woohyun and simply moved on? That, frankly, wasn’t quite possible either. L.Joe has sensed that that woman was crazy and obsessive and there was no way that she would let go this easily.

Which leaves L.Joe with one more possible outcome. She was going to come up with some diabolical plan to completely destroy the couple while they’re on vacation. *If anyone can do evil, it’ll be Jeon Wooram.*

Just as L.Joe was trying to develop a diabolical plan of his own, his designated ringtone for Wooram rang and L.Joe jumped for his phone. “Yes, milady?”

“What, trying to get on my good side again after calling me an old hag?” L.Joe could tell that Wooram wasn’t buying the flattery but decided to run with it anyway. Better to have tried than die not knowing, right?

“No, no, simply stating the facts.”

Faking a vomiting sound, Wooram’s reply followed. L.Joe’s smirk widened as he nodded to her requests. *This is going to be the most exciting mission yet plus a free trip to New York. Score!* L.Joe thought, already coordinating outfits in his head. 

 

********************

 

Woohyun dropped you off at campus and went to find parking. “I’ll find you after your lecture, babe,” he called through the window, waved and drove away. 

You giddily waved back and slung your backpack over your shoulder. The glisten of the diamond ring Woohyun had given to you on your wedding day caught the gentle morning rays as it warmed the air. Looking at the ring with a loving expression, it brought you back all the memories from the moment he propose to the moment you both had said your wedding vows. *That man…*

Suddenly, a hand landed on your shoulder and made you jump. “Yo! What are you thinkin’ about?”

You turned around to see none other than L.Joe, all happy and glowing with that pearly white smile of his. You’d often wonder who many times he went to the dentist to get his teeth whitened or whether he was just born with the beautiful genes. “Um, I was in the middle of thinking!”

“Whoa, calm down there. What were you thinking so hard about?” 

You took a glance at the ring and gave a smile back to L.Joe, “Nothing. I’m gonna be late to class, I’ll talk to you later!”

L.Joe stayed behind and watched your fleeting figure. That quick glance of yours wasn’t quick enough to escape L.Joe’s sharp eyes and his spirit faded a bit. *So she still loves him that much, huh?*

He thought back to the day when he saw you at your happiest. The day of your wedding day. You dawned the most beautiful smile he had ever seen and he was captured by you straight away. It only took him a heartbeat to decide to accept his employment offer. *If I can’t have her… then at least I can get closer to her.*

His naive thoughts soon turned into a nightmare. He was thinking about you day and night and whenever he got to interact with you, he’d turn into an that even he thought was over the top sometimes. 

But it was fine. Now, he could have the chance to get you all to himself. Yes, this trip to New York will be different, and L.Joe couldn’t wait. 

*Watch your back, Nam Woohyun.*

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

Cupid’s Arrow

 

Harro~ 

How are you all doing? Hope you’re all doing well and I just wanted to wish you all a Happy Chinese New Year! May you receive many red pockets ;) 

You’re always free to send me some too *coughcough*

 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter and I shall speak to you guys soooooon~

 

Until next time! :D