The Big Apple

Married by Day, Troubled by Night

“Oppa!” You squealed. You two had just landed in New York and Woohyun was more than just a lil tired. A fourteen hour flight can really tire you out and the time difference was just way too big for Woohyun to handle. 

“Come on babe, you’re giving me a splitting headache. You know I don’t handle jet lag well. Would you mind keeping it down a lil, just till we get to the hotel and I hit the bed face first?” Woohyun tried his best to give you a dashing smile but it was all lopsided and reminded you of what a melting snowman would look like. 

Sighing, you stopped squealing and just gave Woohyun a dirty look. “Party pooper.”

 

Your eyes were wide as you stared at the passing scenery through the window of the iconic yellow cab. You wanted to absorb as much of the scenery as you could because you knew that with Woohyun feeling like he was about to throw up, you weren’t going to be out much tonight. Turning over, you saw Woohyun groaning and mumbling inherent things like “Eurgh... feels so bad” or “I hate flying...” 

You shook your head and chuckled. *How is the future CEO of Nam Corp. meant going to make it to all those fancy meetings overseas. He’s gonna die.*

 

“Welcome to the Shangri La.” A deep bow from the doorman and you were escorted to your room, with your luggage taken care of without even so much as a peep out of you. 

*Wow, it’s like they’ve read my mind!*

Once handed the keys to your room, the first human instinct surfaced: To claim any comfy territory as yours!

“Waah!” was all Woohyun heard before seeing you making a beeline towards the bed and jumping into it face first. “Shot gun the bed! You, my dear, can sleep on the couch,” you said with a sly smile. 

But Woohyun was just too tired to put up with any of it right now so he laid down on the bed and and pulled the covers over himself. 

“Hey babe, you don’t have to take care of me. It’s okay. Go explore New York. I know that you’d rather leave me here to die than to miss out on exploring the city. So go and take a big bite of the Big Apple and come back to tell me what it tastes like, yeah?” Woohyun gave you an almost dismissive wave and turned around to snuggle up into his sheets.

And just like that, you gave Woohyun a quick kiss on the forehead, grabbed your bag and raced out the door. Woohyun only smiled at the childish you. *She just couldn’t contain herself.*

As Woohyun settled in onto his bed, there was a knock on the door. Woohyun shook his head and chuckled at himself. *That ~~~~, she must’ve left her room key.*

To his surprise, he didn’t open the door to you. 

 

********************

 

“Oh my gosh, I want this, I want this and OH I definitely want this,” you excitedly squealed, pressing your hands against the glass display of Ms. Coco Chanel’s store. There was just something about her work that you couldn’t stay away from! Then again, that was true for almost all brand names so that argument didn’t stand true... not exactly. As you wandered the streets of New York, peeping your head through Sephora and glancing a bit too long at Marc Jacobs, your mind was completely occupied, unaware of the handsome stranger tailing you. A handsome stranger called L.Joe. 

 

********************

 

“Woo-Wooram-sshi, w-what are you doing here?” Wide-eyed and confused, Woohyun didn’t know what to think. Was he supposed to think that this was a complete coincidence or that this was some elaborate set-up? Woohyun was leaning towards the latter as he scanned Wooram’s maid outfit.

Pulling out her most seductive smile, Wooram said “Hello, Woohyun-sshi. Mind if I come in?” 

Before he even got a word out, Wooram had already swiftly made her entrance, sitting on the bed and kicking her heels off. “Come join me.”

Woohyun was at a lost for words. How was he supposed to react? Throw her out of the room for being a crazy stalker or let her do as she please because her father was the key to Nam Corp.? While he was trying to figure an appropriate form of action, he would just sit and watch this unfold.

So like an obedient puppy, Woohyun sat next to Wooram and gave her a smile. “What are you doing here, Wooram-sshi? Must be hell of a coincidence that you had randomly decided to knock on a door and it just happened to be mine, don’t you think?”

Wooram chuckled. *So that’s how you want to play it, fine. Two can play at that game.*

“I know, it’s like it was fate. Maybe we’re the ones that are meant to be spending the night at this place.” 

Soon, her intentions were made known to Woohyun. It didn’t matter to her if he was a devoted husband to the woman that he thought was the most beautiful in the world. She just wanted him. 

“Crazy thought-” Before Woohyun even finished his sentence, Wooram had pressed her lips firmly against his and pushed him onto the bed. Then, it was history.

--------------------------------------------------

Cupid’s Arrow

Hello Cupids! 

It’s been a while, I know haha. Though... I surprised to find out that it’s only been two months. It doesn’t sound that long when you say it out loud but I’m sure it felt really long. I’m going to go to China soon! :D 

It’s been a good five years (or more) since I’ve been back to China. I’ll be over there for two weeks, visiting family and doing some shopping (totally excited for). 

While I’m on that eight hour plan trip though, I’m hoping to be able to get some good movies on the plane as well as spend some time reading and definitely writing up more chapters for you guys! 

Not sure if I’ll be able to post while I’m there because of the Great Firewall of China but I’ll do it as soon as I get back.

Until then, stay well! ^^