"Destiny"

Married by Day, Troubled by Night

 

Widening you eyes in recognition, you parted your lips for a small gasp, before trying to make your way through the crowd and approaching your husband. But just as you were about to call his name, the lights dimmed once again for an announcement and your eyes failed to detect him. 

 

Seeing the chance, Woohyun ducked into the crowd and scurried to find his father. Grabbing hold of the corner of Mr. Nam’s jacket, Woohyun dragged his father down the his level and the father-and-son combo were both seen in an awkward crouching position. 

 

“Dad! I just met eyes with ~~~~! I am so screwed… Please tell me you have a plan B!” Woohyun begged, his hands clapped together and his head down. His father chuckled and gave his son a pat on the shoulder. 

 

“Don’t worry son, it’s okay. I had a plan B planned ages ago. I’ll just go tell the organiser to put it in action, no worries,” his father got up and walked up onto stage to whisper something in the ear of the MC.

 

Woohyun clenched his teeth. *What if you get seen, dad!* He yelled in his mind. 

 

Without further notice, an announcement was made over the speakers of a ‘surprise event’. 

 

“Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please? To allow this event to be more suspenseful, we have prepared masquerade masks to allow our young guests to relax behind them and feel less bored, no?” The MC chuckled, “We have prepared a separate ballroom for our masked guests. Please follow those with white gloves as they will direct you. Thank you.” 

 

Girls squealed and the announcement caused a wave of small talk across the room. Everyone was talking and the surprise announcement seemed to have been well-received. 

 

“Now, if you will, please follow those with white gloves to the ballroom and take a mask. Have fun,” the MC addressed and bowed, as the young ones filed out of the room with a buzz of excitement in the air, thankful to be able to get out of a boring business ball and happy to be able to play somewhere else. 

 

The crowd pushed and shoved and soon, you didn’t even know where you were on the floor anymore. *I guess I’ll just try and find Woohyun in the masquerade… Can’t be that hard, right?* You sighed and went with the crowd, shuffling towards the same direction.

 

Woohyun stayed behind and observed the crowd, lifting his brow in amusement and smirking at his father’s ‘Plan B’. *So this was it? Cute. I guess I can’t ask for any better. Damn it ~~~~, why did you have to turn up!*  Sighing, Woohyun also followed in suit, hands in his pockets and grabbing any old mask, *Well, it’s not like she’ll be able to find me anyway. Win-win!*

 

The elders watched as the young ones filed out in excitement and when the last one was out, a loud cheer was heard. “Yes!” The elders hollered. 

 

While they started to socialise amongst themselves, Mr. Nam was approached by Mr. Jeon, who was holding a drink in one hand. 

 

“Splendid idea, Mr. Nam. And I was just thinking about a good idea about getting the kids out of our hair without making it look suspicious. You did a great job. I look forward to see more of your innovative ideas in the future,” leaving Mr. Nam with a wink, Mr. Jeon left to attend others, while Mr. Nam was pretty much sure the deal was sealed. 

 

*Looks like I’ve got this to thank ~~~~ for this, haha,* Mr. Nam thought, as he mused himself and wandered off to the refreshment table, his head filled with all things business.

 

 

********************

 

 

You craned your neck left and right, surveying the area for your beloved husband. But with everyone behind masks, it was impossible to tell who was who. 

 

*Dang it. Why is male fashion so boring! All the suits look the same! Far out!* Your facial expressions tightened in frustration as you kept close to Sungah. 

 

“Well, since we’re here… Wanna go and find a hot stranger to spend the night with? Or… is your marital status a problem for you,” Sungah chuckled, as she nudged you in the side, teasing.

 

You grabbed Sungah by the wrist and dragged her towards the middle of the room, your sudden movement as well as your flawless bodies causing a fuss in the room, all eyes diverted towards you.

 

*Hmph, if Woohyun won’t show himself to me, then I’ll make him so jealous, he’ll have to come out.* You looked around the room once more, and spotted a decent-looking guy by the refreshment table. 

 

Raising your chin slightly and smoothing out your dress, your heels clacked against the tiled floor, but it was almost inaudible amongst the busy chit-chat between youngsters. Sensing someone approaching, L.Joe’s ear twitched as he set his glass down momentarily, making a clink against the glass table. His breath was taken away by the stunning lady. 

 

*Damn, she’s hot. Well… her body at least. Let’s hope her face won’t be a disappointment.* Smirking at himself, he picked up his glasses once more and took a small sip. 

 

From the corner of his eye, he monitored the approaching lady, and by the time she was in front of him, he turned to face her. But before he could open his mouth and say his usual charismatic openings, she beat him to it.

 

“Why, hello there, stranger. Fancy a dance with me?” Your smile was perfect. Alluring, inviting, but not cheap and commercialised. 

 

L.Joe took a double take. *That voice… Wow. See? ~~~~ and I are destined for each other!*

 

 

----------------------------------

 

I’VE FINALLY UPDATED! I know.. it’s been more than two month… & I’m really sorry… :(

I just came back from Japan (on an all-expenses paid scholarship ;D) so yeah… I had no net access and when I come back to AFF, BAM! So much has changed… o.o

But in a good way :D I like it, haha. 

AND MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! <3