A Holiday

Married by Day, Troubled by Night

 

You walked onto campus like a zombie. Your hair was a mess, your eyebags were for all to see and your clothes… You put less thought into them than you would brushing your teeth. Truth was that L.Joe had been bothering you all night. But the worst thing was that it wasn’t because he was texting you, or calling you, or posting random things to you online. It was that you were the one thinking about him. You.

*Damn it, Lee ~~~~. Get your head straight!* Scolding yourself for what seemed like the billionth time, you trudged onto campus and giving no second though to impressing people or at least looking the least bit human today.

“Alright there, Ms. Walking-Dead-Die-Hard fan. I know that you may like horror films and whatnot but those kind of things should stay in Hollywood. It’s called fantasy for a reason?” L.Joe ruffled your hair and stopped right in front you, bending down to your height only to be met with a fierce glare. “Whoa, easy there, fluffy. You don’t want my brain, it’s mush.”

You made a harsh biting motion with your teeth and trudged forward without even saying hello. 

 

Walking in the lecture hall, you ignored even the loudest of remarks from the girls of 4minute. 

“Look what the wind blew in, some trash-bag wannabe makeup artist!” A roar of laughter was heard from the girls but you ignored everything and made a rather ungraceful sound as you plonked your books down and seated yourself. 

*I just can’t catch a break, can I?* You rolled your eyes and just leaned back on your chair, waiting for your lecturer to arrive. 

 

********************

 

“You know dad, if you keep pulling me out of classes for me to listen to your business summaries, I’m going to fail school! I know I’m meant to be co-running this place but I kind of need to graduate from university first so can I just have some time for myself at school?” Without giving a second glance to the secretary that looked as if she was about to say something, Woohyun plonked himself onto the leather chairs and spun himself around, pouting.

“Oh… I didn’t know that was how you felt about me calling you out, son. I guess I’ll just throw away these plane tickets that I had prepared for you and ~~~~ and pretended like this never happened, hm?” Pretending like he’s signing papers, Mr. Nam picked up his pen and started scribbling nonsense on scrap paper while taking note of his son’s shock in the corner of his eyes.

“Wait what?! Why do you have plane tickets for us? Dad!” Woohyun scrambled to take a look at the tickets to see the destination and caught a glimpse of it. “NEW YORK?! Dad, that’s awesome!” Frantically reaching over the table to try and grab the tickets again, his father yanked it out of reach and dangled it above the air, teasing his only son.

Clasping his hands together and making desperate pleads through his eyes, his father shook his head and pocketed the tickets. “Seeing as how you hate spending time with me so much, you may go now.”

“No, come on dad! You know I was joking,” faking innocence, Woohyun continued to make grabs at his father’s pockets till Mr. Nam laughed and handed them over.

“But seriously dad, what’s with the tickets? Are you trying to send us into exile like all those rich parents in dramas these days or something?”

With a face of disbelief, his father put a hand over his chest. “What do you take me for, son? No, of course not! It’s just my way of saying thanks after you’ve managed to score me another major business deal.”

Fawning over the tickets and already imagining exploring the upper east side, Woohyun’s ears caught onto something strange in that sentence. “What… dad, what did you just say? Another business deal? But… I haven’t done anything lately except cook waffles for ~~~~.”

Raising an eyebrow and questioning what his son does in his free time with you, Mr. Nam continued. “Well, whatever it is you did son, you did well. We just sealed another deal with Dae Han Corp and this time, it’s worth about twice as much as our last one so son, thank you!”

Suddenly receiving all this unearned credit made Woohyun squirm and smile uncomfortably but accepted the praise nonetheless. *I honestly have no idea what this old man is talking about.*

 

After giving his father his word of thanks, Woohyun left the building puzzled but in a good mood. *Oh my gosh, I can’t wait to tell ~~~~ this! This is exactly what she needs right now. She looked terrible this morning. This holiday will reset her mindset and she’ll be bright-eyed and cheerful again in no time!*

A buzz in his pocket made Woohyun check his phone and discovered that it was a message from Wooram. 

 

I believe you now owe me a favour, Woohyun-sshi. I’ll be collecting my debt momentarily so be prepared to pay up. Don’t worry, I’ll be nice. - Wooram

 

Putting his phone away, he blew out a breath of frustration and looked towards the sky in annoyance. *Seriously? I didn’t even ask for this.*

Making an ‘Oh Well’ face, Woohyun shoved his phone back into his pocket and made his way back to class, although he knows that he’ll miss the lecture by the time he gets back. *Well, at least I’ll get to see ~~~~!*

 

********************

 

Arriving on campus, Woohyun immediately caught sight of you. Not because you were radiating with beauty this time, but because of your unusually messy hair and totally uncared for sense of fashion. *Wow, okay. She really needs a holiday.*

Woohyun raised his arm to wave at you when he noticed someone run after you and pester you. As you neared, Woohyun realised that it was L.Joe and he quickly intercepted. 

“~~~~-ah!” He yelled, and lightly jogged to your side, putting his arm around you and pulling you in close. “Hey babe,” he whispered into your ear, leaving you a peck on your cheek. 

The glare from L.Joe gave Woohyun a feeling of satisfaction as he continued to exert excessive displays of affection. But he didn’t forget what he was meant to tell you. “~~~~~-ah, guess what! We’re going to New York!”

“Oh my gosh, really?! Eeeeek!” An excited squeal later, you turned and gave Woohyun a big hug and a smooch on the cheeks. “I’m so excited! But why the sudden trip to the US? It’s not our anniversary for like, another five months.”

Woohyun lovingly tapped your nose and smiled back. “Well, my father was being very generous today and decide to reward me for my hard work at the company with a holiday over in the States. He even booked accommodation and everything for us! So all we need to do is show up at the airport with our luggage and off we go!”

Giving Woohyun another excited hug and completely ignoring L.Joe on the side, you jumped around and acted like a little kid on a sugar rush. “Come on, Woohyun-ah! We’ve got to go home and pack! There’s so much to do and places to plan out and stuff, let’s go!” 

A feeling of victory was felt as Woohyun saw the sullen face of L.Joe being left behind and thought to himself, *Yeah, you stay away from my wife!*

But it was all too early to celebrate for Woohyun for L.Joe had other plans. Whipping out his phone, he texted someone who knew exactly how to tackle this problem. 

Boss, we have a problem. Your target is heading over to New York with his wife. Just thought you’d like to know :) Think of it as my good deed of the day. L.Joe out.

Smirking, L.Joe watched at Woohyun’s car drive further and further away. *Oh you wanna play dirty? You ain’t seen nothing yet.*

 

--------------------------------------------

 

HAPPY NEW YEARS CUPIDS! :D

Sorry I haven’t updated in so long but I’m finally back! A lot has happened to me in the past few months and I’m glad that I finally have some peace in my life again :)

So hopefully, I’ll be able to update more frequently. Something like once a week would be nice haha. 

I’ve also finally decided on my university courses so now I’m just waiting for my offers ^^ Good times haha.

So yeah, thank you to all the Cupids that have stuck by me till now and a hello to my new subscribers~ :D

This corner of my random rambling shall be named “Cupid’s Arrows” just coz…. I felt like naming this other then “Author’s Notes” which sounds so plain and boring and because…. purely for my own satisfaction haha. And coz I thought it sounded cute as well so yeah xD

Anyhow, I’ll stop my random talk and I’ll shoot you guys an arrow very soon ;)

Stay well~ :D