What You Don't Know Won't Hurt You

Married by Day, Troubled by Night

 

As the night wore on, whether or not Woohyun attended the party began slipping out of your mind. Shots were drunk, dances were danced and the flirting… well, lets just say you were never short of attention. Partying hard brought back nostalgic memories of how your secret double life started at Inspirit, hiding your true identity and making “friends” with 4minute. They were never bad girls but their attitudes needed serious revamping. 

 

Dancing the night away, you felt a tap on your shoulder and turned to see Sungah. “We’ve got to go,” she yelled, but the music almost completely drown her out.

“What?! I can’t hear you!” 

“I said we’ve got to go! My parents want us to leave before it gets too late! Something about having to keep our image up or something, I don’t know. So stop flirting with lover boy over there and come with me if you want a ride home!” Again, the roaring beats and heavy rhythms didn’t help you hear much of what Sungah said but you figured that she must’ve mentioned something about leaving through her frantic hand gestures. 

Leaning in towards your mysterious dance partner, you gave him a seductive body wave pressing against his body before turning around and strutting off, waving as you left.

 

Sliding his thumb against his bottom lip, L.Joe stared hard as he watched you leave, *Damn, that woman is so hot, it’s making me crazy!* But an untimely buzz in left pocket jolted him out of his thoughts and back into reality. *Aish, that old hag.*

 

Cursing with all his might in his head, L.Joe slid his finger and unlocked the screen. “I might curse you, but you’ve got game. Congrats,” L.Joe smirked, as he fixed his eyes on the picture that was sent of Woohyun embracing Wooram. 

 

 

Walking out of the venue and feeling the midnight breeze, L.Joe lifted his head high and watched the stars play but a familiar coated figure appeared from the corner of his eye and caught his attention. “You’re here? Thought you would’ve gone home with you catch,” he teased.

 

“Oh please. If I’m gonna keep this ‘Oh so fragile’ girl act up, I’ve got to keep my distance.” Finally lifting the hoodie off, Wooram revealed herself for the first time, earning a wolf whistle from L.Joe

 

“Never knew you were such a hottie. Sorry I’ve been calling you an old hag all this time,” L.Joe laughed. Wooram raised her fist as if she was going for L.Joe’s face but stopped herself before she put it into action.

 

Clearing , she spoke again. “You weren’t meant to be here, what are you doing here?” 

 

Clasping a hand over his heart, L.Joe faked a hurt expression and shook his head. “And here I thought you would appreciate my help. Hey, I’m working over-time here. I could’ve spent this time staying at home and watching dramas with my mum but instead, I came and helped you instead. Shouldn’t you be thanking me first?”

 

Wooram raised an eyebrow, “If you would help me voluntarily, I wouldn’t have to text you at five minute intervals to annoy you to get the job done.”

 

Raising his fist to give an awkward cough, L.Joe fixed his tie and looked around uncomfortably. “Hey, at least I still do it.”

 

“Mmh, true. It’d be better if you could save me some texts though. It gets tiring!” Wooram threw L.Joe another glare. 

 

“Oi, oi, I kept the wife at bay all night. How else do you think you could’ve kept Woohyun to yourself for so long? If I wasn’t here tonight, Nam ~~~~ would’ve ripped you apart! So be thankful…” L.Joe pouted and crossed his arms, sulking like a child. 

 

“Well… I didn’t ask you to be here tonight but since you served a great purpose… Thanks. You can expect a nice pay cheque soon,” Wooram quietly thanked, shuffling uncomfortably. 

 

*It’s not like I did it for you anyway… I was in for ~~~~…* But L.Joe knew well to keep the thought to himself, especially if he wanted to pay the rent this month. 

 

 

********************

 

 

Opening the door just a crack, Woohyun waited for a reaction from inside the house but all was quiet. *Oh no… Is this the calm before the storm?* Dreading to find out your reaction for him, Woohyun swung the door open and shut his eyes tight, bracing himself mentally for any attacks you may have for him. But moments passed without a single peep. 

Slowly opening his eyes, Woohyun waited for his eyes to refocus before scanning the room for your figure. *Maybe she’s asleep.*

 

The wooden staircase creaked under Woohyun’s weight, unnerving him. Carefully placing his feet as to minimise the creaks, he stealthily opened the door to find you already under the sheets sleeping. 

*Phew. Damn, that was a close one. Maybe ~~~~ wasn’t even at the ball… Lets just hope that I made all that up in my head…* Heaving a relieved sigh, Woohyun loosened his tie, threw it onto the floor and proceeded into the bathroom to take a shower.

 

Hearing the bathroom door click shut, your eyes fluttered open only to be closed again and crease your forehead. *Nam Woohyun, what are you hiding from me? If you won’t tell me, then I’m going to find out myself.*

 

Like all guys, the shower was kept short and Woohyun was out in moments. The steam in the bathroom rushed out into the bedroom, pushing past Woohyun’s chiseled back. Slipping under the covers, Woohyun turned towards your back and wrapped his arm around your waist, pulling himself in. *I’m sorry for keeping this from you, ~~~~-ah. But I have no choice. What you don’t know won’t hurt you, right?*

 

Snuggling into the back of your neck, Woohyun took a whiff of your fragrant hair before falling into a deep slumber.

 

------------------------------

 

CUPIDS!! I' ve missed you guys!! :D *hugs*

I know... it's been over 2 months... But hey, HERE I AM!! :D 

& the update that you've all been waiting for~ haha. Is it up to scratch? I feel like my writing skills have become a bit rusty coz I haven't done it for so long.... *chuckles* Kinda embarrassed about it actually.

But yeah~ I'm back for a little while. Feel so carefree now that I'm having my holidays after my mid-terms/half-yearlies. Another half a year to go... T^T 

FIGHTING!!  <3

 

& a big thank you to everyone who hasn't abandoned me because I haven't been updating as frequently as I used to be. Really, I thank you guys so much. *bows*