The Mission Tonight

Married by Day, Troubled by Night

 

"Hey," a voice said. Startled, you broke your wave with Woohyun and jumped behind him. "What're you doing here…" Woohyun glared. It's fair to say that L.Joe didn't really top Woohyun's list of 'People I Like'. "Well… this is where I hang out. Just like how your usual hangout is Inspirit," L.Joe smirked. Seeing that flash of surprise and shock flash through both you and Woohyun's eyes was enough to satisfy him.

"So what brings you here to my haven?" L.Joe said grandly over the music, with his arms outstretched, as if he owned the place. "Could it be… that you missed me already?" L.Joe reached behind Woohyun and placed two fingers under your chin, sliding them upwards. But what surprised you was the fact that your body nor mind even thought about rejecting it. *What…?* Confused, you didn't want to say anything stupid that would give you away.

"Mind if I borrow her for a moment?" But waiting for Woohyun's answer (when it was going to be a 'No' anyway) wasn't on L.Joe's agenda. "Thanks!" And just like that, you were taken from Woohyun and whisked away into the crowd, where Woohyun lost sight of you. "Damn it! I knew it was a bad idea to come here! OH MY F… WHY MY WIFE HAVE TO BE SO BEAUTIFUL?!"

Pressing you against the wall in a more secluded area where the music was muffled and the dancing bodies were distanced, you stared right into L.Joe's eyes. *They're… not as bad- as I thought they would look. There's even… a hint of innocence in there…*

"Hello there," L.Joe said. He kept an edge in his voice that was almost impossible to shake off. It was alluring. "Hot?"

You looked at L.Joe with a puzzled look. He nodded to your forehead, where you unconsciously raised your hand to touch it. It was moist with beads of sweat covering it. "Observant, I know," he shrugged, as if it was the most amazing thing he can do. "What do you want," you scowled, though it was obviously not a very convincing one, since L.Joe laughed.

You just frowned instead. And when L.Joe realised you were frowning at him, L.Joe ended his little laugh with an awkward cough. "What? It was cute."

You never expected him to say that, and was taken back. With his hand pressed next to your face, he started to slowly lean in. "You know… You can always ditch that loser. That guy over there… Boohyun or something? Ditch him. For me."

But just millimetres away from your lips, a vibration and a ringtone was heard. "Damn it…" L.Joe cursed under his breath. "Why do you have to call me now… I was just about to complete tonight's mission… Hello?"

L.Joe turned his side towards you. Your forehead creased. *Mission? He almost completed his mission…?* You gasped and put your hands over your lips.*Oh my gosh, Lee ~~~~! You were just about to be kissed by that L.Joe guy and you didn't even realise! What the hell! Snap out of it!*

L.Joe came back with an apologetic face. "I'm sorry, babe. But I've got to go. Um… work calls. See ya." With cheeky smile, he gave you a lightning-fast peck and a two finger salute. He then wormed his way through the crowd where he disappeared and left your flabbergasted. "W-what just… happened…"

 

**********

 

Arriving at a children's playground with his hands in his pockets, L.Joe trudged towards a figure in a cloak who had her hoodie up. "You know, I was that close to kissing her?" L.Joe complained, pressing his fingers close together, representing the minute distance there was left till his lips had touched yours.

The figure showed no intention of showing her face nor turning around. "Good. Very well done. I knew you were the one to hire for this job. How is Woohyun?" The cloaked figure's voice quivered at bit towards the end, unable to contain her excitement on the mention of 'Woohyun'. "Him? He's… well? He's still madly in love with Lee ~~~~ though, if that's what you mean."

The figure held her fists tight, her nails digging into her palm. "You may go now." L.Joe raised a brow at her sudden demand, but obeyed. After all, the bills weren't going to pay themselves, and he was being paid good money.

The figure inhaled and exhaled sharp breaths producing small white puffs, floating into the cold sky and disappearing soon after. "You ruined my chance with Woohyun… You will pay, Lee ~~~~… You will pay…"

-----------------

OMGOSH! I suddenly had the inspiration to take the story in this direction xD

Do you guys like it? :D I quite like it… haha.

 

&... there's a small little favour I would like to ask everyone. I usually don't advertise things BUT! This time, it's my baby sister that's just started writing out her fic!! :D I'm so proud of her, haha. She was so happy when she got her first comment xD So if you can all just drop by her fic, maybe even subscribe or comment? That would be great! I wrote her foreword for her :D It's a Minwoo (Boyfriend) and You story ^^ So yeah :D Please? ><

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/198270/coincidence-nominwoo-romance-you-school-boyfrienband