Class Volunteer

Married by Day, Troubled by Night

 

“Oppa~” you said, cutely swinging his arm. It was breakfast and he was sitting at the dinner table with a newspaper in hand, a mug of coffee in the other. 

 

“Oppa?” You tried again, but there was no response. All Woohyun’s attention was on was the financial section of the newspaper. 

 

His eyes darted to and fro, searching for any ‘breaking news’ about his father’s company. But thankfully, there was none. At least, not today. Woohyun gave a relieved sigh and took another sip of his morning coffee when his eyes caught onto your stare. He looked sideways at you and gave you a crooked smile. “Yes, honey?”

You just sat and glared, without uttering anything. You sat with crossed arms and made it clear you weren’t the happiest person in the world right now. 

 

“Come on, what’s wrong~” Woohyun put his mug down and used his aegyo. “Babe~ Come on, don’t be mad at me. You know how much I love you, right?” Woohyun even tried fluttering his eyelashes at you. 

 

But you just gave him a sneer. “Obviously you don’t love me enough to pay attention to me in the morning. What, is my bare face that unbearable?” You pouted and put your hands on your face, “Fine! I’ll never show you my bare face again! Hmph!” You pushed yourself off your chair and ran up the stairs, going to get ready for your lecture today.

 

********************

 

You made a dash through the corridors and eventually arrived at the door of the lecture theatre. You rested your palms on your knees and huffed. *Aish! Stupid Nam Woohyun!* You thought back to what happened before you left the house.

 

“~~~~-ah~ Baby~ Don’t be mad with me~” Woohyun whined, swaying his body left to right and even giving you his best pout. 

 

“No, I don’t care. You didn’t want to talk to me this morning, so I don’t want to talk to you either,” you heels and walked towards the door when Woohyun gave you a back hug and restrained any movement from you.

 

“Oppa! I have class to get too! Let go!” You struggled against Woohyun’s tight grip. It was at times like this that

 you hated Woohyun for being so well built. 

 

But Woohyun wasn’t going to let you go so easily. “Not until you’ve forgiven me! Really, I swear I was just out of it this morning. I’ll never do it again! I promise!” 

 

You huffed and tried to kick and wriggle about but all efforts proved futile. “Come on, oppa! I’m serious! If I’m late for this class, I’m screwed!” You yelled. 

 

“And who said I wasn’t serious about this, huh? Now, if you would just forgive me, then you can get to class on time. Sounds like a pretty good deal, right?”

You let out another hiss before giving it, just leaning against Woohyun’s chest. “Fine… You win, oppa. I forgive you. Now, can I please go?” 

 

Woohyun nodded with a satisfied smirk on his face and let you go, waving to you as you rushed out the door. “Bye bye, honey!” He said greasily. 

 

Pushing open the doors of the lecture theatre as quietly as you could, you crept into the a seat that was near the back when suddenly, you heard your name being called. “Nam ~~~~?”

 

A cold shiver was sent through your spine and you uncomfortably stood up. “Y-Yes, professor?” 

But the professor just gave you what seemed like an indifferent smile. *Does she know that I was late or not?! Great, now I’m gonna get scolded in front of my whole class…* You heard light snickers and your eyes immediately landed on 4minute. *Of course they would be happy to me get in trouble…*

 

“Nam ~~~~, I trust that you have been doing your homework, yes?” The professor’s voice brought you back to reality and you hastily nodded to the her question. “Then would you mind coming down here and demonstrating it on my son here, who has gladly volunteered?” 

 

“Yes, yes, of course!” You rushed to the front without a second thought and stood in front of your professor. You fixed your hair in a rush and flashed a shaky smile.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Show me how you would do male makeup,” she hurried. 

 

“Ah, yes. Right away, madam!” Immediately, you rushed towards the eyeshadow palettes, eyeliners and bb cream and grabbed the ones that you liked best. “Hello, I’m-“

 

“Nam ~~~~, I know,” L.Joe gave you his usual smirk which hung perfectly on his smug face. Your eyes grew larger in size for each second you stared at L.Joe’s face. 

 

*Oh my gosh, what is he doing here?” You looked towards the professor’s face for instructions but then realised it was a stupid idea. *That’s right! L.Joe is my professor’s son! How could I forget…* You hit your forehead as a punishment for forgetting such an important thing and bit your lip, giving L.Joe a split second glare as well.

 

You sighed and just met with your fate. “Well, you know who I am so I guess there’s no need for introductions. I’m going to be doing your makeup today, so please take care of me,” you bowed slightly, and sat in front of L.Joe, and started applying BB cream on his face.

 

Completely immersed into your work, you were oblivious to the fact that L.Joe had been staring lovingly at you. Your touches sent shots of electric down L.Joe’s spine, and the fact that you were close enough for him to kiss you, made the experience all the more exhilarating. *How cheesy of me to think this but… If only time would just stop.*

 

“Okay, done!” You smiled, standing up and backing away from L.Joe to get a better view of your work. Your professor walked forward in her stern manner and examined her son’s face carefully turning it this way and that. 

 

“Well, Nam ~~~~. I have to say, you have outdone yourself. Male makeup is often hard to achieve for freshmen and you seemed to have pull it off fine. I’ll forget this once that you were late,” she smiled, and sent you back to your seat. She then proceeded to break down your routine of what you did on L.Joe’s face and everyone was busily taking notes. 

You heaved a sigh of relief and sunk back into your seat. *Phew… That was close…*

 

********************

 

“Hey, ~~~~!” You turned to see who was calling your name, to find it was L.Joe walking towards you, raising a can of coffee. “That’s yours by the way,” he chuckled, and handed you the iced coffee.

 

“Um… Thanks,” you uttered, opening the can and letting the cool liquid flow down your throat. *Ah, that feels so good!* You thought.

 

“Thanks for making me look even hotter than your husband by the way. I bet you’ve totally fallen for me now, right?” He winked. It took you so much to not spit your iced coffee out in laughter. You quickly swallowed it down and gave a hearty laugh.

 

“Oh, please! The only reason I’m so good at it is because I do it for Woohyun all the time. And FYI, you’re not match for Woohyun, okay?” You chuckled, and took another gulp. 

 

“Don’t lie. I know you’ve fallen for me, right?” You gave L.Joe another weird look, finished off your coffee and walked off. 

 

“See you around L.Joe. But next time, try and refrain from hitting on me, yeah?” It was your turn to give him your famous smirk, leaving L.Joe stunned. 

 

Just as you left, L.Joe felt a buzz in his pocket and got out his phone. “Gosh, this woman is such a stalker!” He said to himself more than anyone. “Yes, boss?”

 

“Yah! Don’t call me boss! Just coz I’m paying you to do your job, don’t make me sound like an old man! I can take the job away from you and leave you without any pay, you know?!” 

 

L.Joe pulled his phone away from his ear and made a face at it. Placing it back onto his ear, he spoke. “You know you can’t find anyone better than me. You think I don’t know that? Look, the mission is taking some time but don’t worry! I’ll get there!” 

 

“Yeah well, I’m not feeling so sure about that,” the girl said. She was becoming impatient and L.Joe could sense it over the phone. “But nevermind that. I’ll be meeting with Woohyun very soon anyway, so all you need to do is distract his wife on the night that I do, got it?”

 

L.Joe raised an eyebrow but didn’t question further. What his boss and Woohyun do is none of his business, nor does he want to get involved. “Yeah, alright. Just tell me when that is and I’ll make up some bull that night. Okay, see you then.”

L.Joe felt so relieved when he hung up. “Gosh, I can’t stand that woman…”

 

--------------------------

Hey~ I've finally updated >< And I've got to say a massive thank you once again to ftrhapsody for making another wonderful poster for me ^^ 
<3