Company Crisis

Married by Day, Troubled by Night

 

“That was great, oppa! It’s been so long since I’ve been to that restaurant! It brings back so many memories…” You gave a dreamy sigh and snuggled into Woohyun’s arms. 

“Psht, except for that stupid waiter… But I think he’s got the idea now, so it’s all good.” A smug look hung on Woohyun’s face. You decided to squish his cheeks together so it would make a fish face. “You didn’t have to be so mean to him!”

Woohyun shook loose of your grip and stuck his tongue out childishly at you. You chuckled and shook your head at him. 

 

********************

 

Once you stepped back into your cozy, warm house, Woohyun suddenly had to go. “Hey babe, I’ve got to go to my dad’s company. He says there’s something important he needs to tell me. Don’t wait up, okay?” Quickly pecking your cheek, he bolted out the door, without even waiting for your response. “Um… Yeah…” was all you could say before the door shut you off. Your hand hung awkwardly in the air as it tried waving to your husband. *I hope everything’s okay…*

Just as you turned away, a knock was heard at the door. You perked up with a smile on your face, hoping that it was Soohyun who came over whenever he liked but instead, you were met with someone else. L.Joe.

“Hey. I was in the area and happened to see Woohyun bolt out the door and catch a glimpse of you behind it. Thanks for having me over,” L.Joe sarcastically said, letting himself in.

 

“Father,” Woohyun bowed, as he saw his father at his office with some colleagues leaving as they speak. After they were out of ear’s shot, Woohyun hastened his pace and looked towards his father with an anxious face. “Dad, what is going on? What’s this about our company’s share prices falling?”

His father’s heavyhearted expression was more than words could convey. Woohyun’s shoulders sunk and said, “So… The deal didn’t go well?” The tried to foster a smile but shook his head. Woohyun threw his head back in frustration and rustled his perfectly-styled hair. “And a lot was riding on this too!” Woohyun let out a yell.

His father put his hand on Woohyun’s shoulder, offering comfort. “It’s okay, son. I’ll figure something out. I mean, it’s not like this is the first crisis the company has gone through, right? It’ll be alright.”

“Yeah, but last time the share prices didn’t drop by 50%!” Woohyun shouted out, without having thought through what his father would have felt. “Oh my god… Dad, I’m… I’m really really sorry… I just… I wasn’t thinking. I’m sorry…” 

It was obvious that what Woohyun said was right and it has weighed on his father’s heart but he tried his best to put on his best face forward for his son. “It’s alright. You’re only worried about your old man here. I mean, look at all my white hair sprouting, haha. It’s about I stopped worrying so much about you and have you worry about me, right?” 

Woohyun gave his father a weird look but broke into a smile as his father patted Woohyun’s back with a smile on his face. “Okay kid. Go on and run along back to your wife. I know how excruciating it is for you to be away from ~~~~ for so long. And I’m sure she’s missing you too. So go.” Giving Woohyun a little push and even a loving smack on the bum, his father ushered for him to leave. “Alright, alright! I’m going!” Woohyun chuckled. 

But once he saw his son leave the premises outside the windows, Woohyun’s father heaved a heavy sigh. “You’re right Woohyun… This… may be the worst crisis the company has ever gone through… This… may be the end of my 50 year career…” He looked around at his office and gave a sad smile to every little inanimate object. “I’m going to miss all of this…”

 

********************

 

Walking up the hill towards his house, Woohyun smiled to himself just thinking about seeing your beautiful face greet him as he steps through the doors. A fancy-looking car drove by and almost knocked Woohyun over, if not for his great flexes. *Damn! Kid should learn how to drive!* Woohyun blew a puff of air and dusted off his sleeves. 

L.Joe looked at the rear view mirror and smirked at Woohyun’s slightly angered figure as his drove away. *That’s kid’s reflexes aren’t bad,* he snickered mentally.

--------------------