Jeon Wooram

Married by Day, Troubled by Night

 

L.Joe smirked to himself as he accepted your offer, “Well, who am I to ever reject a beautiful lady such as yourself.”

Extending his hand towards you, he pulled you in and wrapped his arms around your waist as soon you were in range. “But then again, who’s to say that you can reject me with my sort of charm.”

 

You rolled your eyes at the masked man. *Seems like a certain cocky person I know all too well. Damn it, guys like him are everywhere! Thank God I found Woohyun. But he’s hiding from me… Why?*

 

You thinned your eyes in thought, completely unaware that you had been guided towards the centre of the dance floor and that your body has instinctively started to move with the music. L.Joe was mused at your slow but seductive grind completely contrasted against your troubled face with your eyebrows drawn so close together, it was almost a monobrow. 

 

L.Joe chuckled as he pressed a finger against your forehead. “What’s with the frown? I promise I’ll be the most attentive man you’re encountered. At least… for tonight, anyway,” he chuckled again, as if laughing at his own inside joke. 

 

Your mind suddenly snapped back to the present at the sound of the familiar voice. *Damn… where have I heard this voice before…* You gave a mental gasp, *Please tell me it’s not someone I hooked up with before I met Woohyun.*

 

“Well, how can I trust you? I don’t even know your name or your face. How do I know you’re not some random e that just happened to randomly join in today?” Twirling L.Joe’s skinny tie around your finger, you pulled him  ever so slightly closer, but L.joe wrapped his arm around your waist dipped his head to your level, making you blush and smile involuntarily. 

 

 

*Oh come on… This can’t be happening… Why is ~~~~ is…* Woohyun breathed another sigh when he saw you dancing intimately with another man. *I’d recognise that dress and figure anywhere. But who is that guy…* Frowning, Woohyun called the bartender for a another shot of vodka, before straightening his jacket and walking over to you to take you back. However, his plan was phased when he caught a young woman in his arms.

 

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to…” But before she had a chance to finish, she looked behind and gasped, seeing that the hoard of guys were still chasing after her. 

 

Thinking quick on his feet, Woohyun grabbed the girl by her wrist and ran with her, “Come, I know somewhere where they won’t chase you.”

Without another choice, she hitched up her dress and ran, looking back once in a while to check for any others.

 

 

********************

 

Huffing, the girl stopped to catch her breath. “Are we… Are we far enough yet?” She managed to say in between breaths. 

 

Woohyun answered with a gentle smile, “We are. And look, we have a fantastic view too.” 

 

The girl looked up and smiled as well. Her beauty was radiating through her mask, captivating Woohyun for the moment. “You’re right, it is beautiful.”

 

Her voice broke Woohyun’s trance as he realised what had just happened. *What the hell, get yourself together, Nam Woohyun! You’re a married man! What are you doing, being mesmerised by someone you don’t even know!*

 

“So, stranger, thank you for saving me back there. But um… I guess you want something in return now, right?” The girl’s question seemed strange.

 

“What? Something in return? No, haha. I just wanted to help a damsel in distress and make myself a hero,” Woohyun joked, which managed to spark a chuckle from the lady. 

 

“You don’t seem to know who I am,” she continued. 

 

Now he was really confused. *Who is she… Unless she’s…* Woohyun widened his eyes at the only one possibility he could think of. And as she removed the mask that did little to shade her from recognition, the moonlight seemed to dance on her cheeks and in her eyes, creating such beauty that was thought to be unachievable in reality. “And here I thought that a mask like this could conceal my identity. I guess I was wrong,” she said, more to herself than to anyone. She sighed, as if expecting something.

 

Woohyun’s sharp intuition picked up on this and leaned in with worried eyes. “Are you alright? Is something bothering you?”

 

But the beauty’s eyes soon turned hard. “You should know. I bet you’re just here talking to me because of who I am. Because I’m the daughter of the big Dae Han Corp. Why can’t people understand that it’s my daddy’s company, not mine, and no matter how close they get to me, it won’t get them a good business deal.” Her eyes then softened to that of a vulnerable and fragile child. “I just want someone to treat me for who I really am… Just… Jeon Wooram.”

 

Woohyun’s heart ached for her. He reflected on his earlier motives, in which Wooram spoke so lowly of and mentally slapped himself. *I never knew she would be hurting so bad because of it…. She must have so little true friends and trust issues… Well, I’m going to be the man to help this poor damsel then.*

 

And without warning, Woohyun pulled Wooram into a tender hug, caressing the back of her head. “I’m sorry,” Woohyun gently spoke into her ear. “I’m sorry, on behalf of all the guys that were stupid enough to play with your heart. That were stupid enough to miss such a great girl like to. I’ll be honest, I was one of those guys just minutes ago but… I regret it so much. I’m so sorry. But I promise you, that I will see for you who you really are. The sweet and beautiful Jeon Wooram who isn’t the daughter of the Dae Han Corp., but just an ordinary girl with no particular social status.”

 

Like a child whose finally found their place, Wooram bawled in Woohyun’s arms and held onto him tightly. 

*There, there, that’s a good girl,* Woohyun thought, as he her head soothingly, smiling into the moonlight. 

 

-------------------------------------

 

Hello my cupids! :D

I know I have’t updated in ages… I’m going to be updating even less frequently this year because it’s my senior year and I need to prepare for my university/college entrance exam at the end of the year so yeah ><

So this is going to be on a semi-hiatus. So sorry guys D: