Saturday Night

Married by Day, Troubled by Night

 

Saturday night and Woohyun was out at some function that he only briefly told you about.

 

Lying on the couch in the most unattractive fashion, you flicked through fashion magazines with the occasional sigh, admiring the models’ fashion and enviable bodies. 

 

“Life isn’t fun without Woohyun-oppa,” you pouted, as you sighed once more when the ringtone of your mobile scared you, leaving your heart pounding.

 

“Oh my gosh! Seriously?! Far out…” You rolled your eyes and without your hand on your chest, you answered the phone without even bothering to check the caller ID.

 

“What? Who is it and what do you want?” You shouted, not caring who it was over the line.

 

“Whoa, calm down there, ~~~~. Would this be a bad time to ask you to go with me to some ball I have to go to tonight?” 

 

You furrowed your brows at the familiar female voice. Images blurred past as you continually eliminated the images that weren’t the voice’s owner. Suddenly, you exclaimed in recognition. “Ah! Sungah-yah! Hey~ Long time no see. Haven’t seen you since the last time I went to Inspirit. How are you?” 

 

Memories flooded of how you would often see Sungah wondering around Inspirit by herself, where you would then go and ask her about the happenings of day in the slightest attempt to make her day just a little better.

 

Being the rich girl she was, men and women alike often only approached her in hopes of raising their own status, and cared little for Sungah’s feelings. 

 

“I’ve been great! It’s been ages since I’ve talked to you, ~~~~-ah. I’ve missed you so much!”

 

You chuckled at the girl’s response, her voice all cheery and happy made you feel slightly better about being alone tonight. 

 

“As I was saying,” Sungah continued. “My family is attending some business ball tonight and I really don’t wanna go by myself because they’ll just try and find some rich guy to marry me off to all night.” Hearing a groan over the phone, you could practically imagine the girl roll her eyes and sag her shoulders.

 

“So how about it? Wanna come join me? Pretty please? With a bonbon on top!? I know how you know bonbons~” Sungah tempted, trying to use as much of her rusty aegyo over the phone. 

 

Another chuckle slipped your lips as you pondered on the thought. *Well… it’s not like I have anything else to do for the night… I might as well go, right? Plus, Woohyun-oppa is out too so I’ll be extra lonely.*

 

“Okay! Where will I meet you?” You practically yelled over the phone, excited that you weren’t lonely for the night.

 

********************

 

Stepping of the a sleek black limo, left foot first, then right, you turned your head slowly either side, throwing hotel staff charismatic stares and an alluring smile, all the while observing your surroundings. Sungah also stepped out in a baby-doll pink dress, holding a clutch in one hand and casually linking arms with her other. You looked up and down at the hotel, *Hmm, fancy place for a ball. Not bad.* 

 

Smirking, you made your way through the lobby, flaunting your sculpted S-line in a tight hugging electric blue show-stopping dress. Paired with glossy black stilettos with studs running down the heel, it radiated a sense of calmness but also a bit of spontaneous rebellion. 

 

Pushing open the doors the to reception and making the big entrance like you hoped, everyone turned their heads in a second, locking their eyes on you as well as Sungah. And like every other man in the room, Woohyun squinted to see the woman who would make such a big entrance. But Woohyun’s eyes immediately widened as he stared at your familiar figure making your way across the floor and on to greeting some elders. 

 

*What!? ~~~~’s not supposed to be here! Oh my god, what am I going to do!?* Panicking, Woohyun made sure he was quick to his father while staying unseen amongst the crowd. 

 

“Dad, may I have a word with you?” Courteously bowing to the elders that were previously having a casual chat with his father, Woohyun waited for them to wrap up their conversation early, before starting his. “Dad… Guess what? ~~~~ is here…” 

 

“~~~~? Oh that’s- What!? ~~~~ is here? What, how? I thought you didn’t tell her about tonight at all!” Mr. Nam exclaimed, trying to keep his voice still at an acceptable level. 

 

“I didn’t… But it looks like one of ~~~~’s friends must’ve invited her here. What are we going to do, dad,” Woohyun sighed as he thought of the ‘original’ plan; to seduce the daughter of Dae Han Corp. and successfully land the deal. But now, with you suddenly party crashing, there was no way Woohyun could do it smoothly without you weighing on his heart, mind and conscience. 

 

“Well, there’s nothing we can do about it now,” Woohyun’s father said. “We’ll just have to work with what we’ve got. Try to avoid ~~~~ as much as possible, though I know it’ll be hard knowing you…” Woohyun smirked at his father’s remark. “And when the time comes, I’ll show you Jeon CEO’s daughter, alright?” And with a somewhat burdensome pat on the shoulder, Woohyun’s father started to disappear into the crowd, mingling once again with those of the higher-class.

 

“I might as well make myself as invisible as possible,” Woohyun said, kicking his feet and making his way lazily towards the refreshment table to grab a quick drink before ducking out of the reception hall completely. “Damn, this is nerve-wracking.”

 

 

Giving Sungah’s parents a respectable bow while single-handedly covering your chest, you left them with a smile, as you linked arms with Sungah, scouting the room for cute guys.

 

You clucked your tongue as you inwardly commented, *Damn. None of these guys are any hotter than Woohyun. Of course oppa is the best.” A smile lit up your face, while Sungah just watched you in admiration.

 

“You know, ~~~~-ah, you’re so lucky to have found someone so soon. How were you so sure that he was the one?” 

Sungah’s question caught you off-guard.

 

“Hmm… I’ve never really thought about that before…” You said, as you grabbed your chin and tried to think of a rational reason. “I guess it’s just one of those things where you just know. We’ve been through so much and I just think that if he stuck with me through all of that mess, he’ll stick with me for life. I don’t know, am I even making any sense anymore?”

Laughing at your nonsensical explanation, you tried to hide your embarrassment by fanning your face but surprisingly, Sungah seemed to have understood.

 

Giving herself somewhat a pity smirk, her head was hanging low. “I hope that I’ll find that feeling too.”

Just as you were about to answer, the lights of the reception hall were off in a heartbeat, giving you a slight panic attack. “Oh my gosh, what’s happening?” You squealed.

 

“Must be Dae Han Corp.’s entrance,” Sungah explained, though without any indication of care in her voice.

Outside the reception hall where Woohyun was leaning against the wall and sighing, his father came rushing out and almost knocked Woohyun over.

 

“Whoa! Dad, are you alright? Did something happen?” Woohyun said, only just managing to catch his father. 

 

“Okay, get in there. The family that owns Dae Han Corp. is making their entrance and you know what that means.” Giving his son a look, Mr. Nam pushed his son along the halls and slipped into the hall as quietly as possible. 

 

“And here, are the daughters of Mr. Jeon, CEO of Dae Han Corp, Miss Jeon Boram, accompanied by Yoon Doojoon, and Miss Jeon Wooram.”

As the MC introduced the ladies, Mr. Nam pointed to the petite-figured girl without a date. “That’s the one you wanna please, alright?”

 

Woohyun tried to get a better glimpse of the blonde girl before she walked off stage with her sister. *Hm. Not as pretty as our ~~~~, but it’ll do.*

 

Straightening up and fixing his attired before setting off, Woohyun took one more look around the room, where he suddenly paused and as if the time froze, his eyes were fixated on one person. You.

*Oh .*

 

---------------------------

WHEEE!!!! haha.

 

So now you all know :) The girl is Wooram, Boram’s little sister xD The reason why I didn’t wanna pick Boram was because… I don’t know, I wanted a girl that people weren’t familiar with and give chances to rookies :D Plus, she’s pretty cute xD

 

So when I told you guys last time about my fanclub name *blushes*, a lot of you guys were divided one what the name should be called. So I made a poll to officially decide it and I’d appreciate it if some of you voted? :D Gimme your opinions in the comments below or on the poll page ^^ 

<3