Secret 8

My Secret Warrior

 

 

 

You sat on your bed while hugging your knees on your chest. Tears escaped your eyes but you didn’t even bother to wipe it away from your cheeks.

You were about to throw your pillow to the floor but stopped. You weren’t a girl that easily throwing tantrum like that by throwing everything which meant messing your own room. You sighed for the umpteenth times and lied down on your back in your bed.

As you stared on the ceiling , a few memories started to flood your mind , which was all memories of your mother—your late mother to be exact.

“Mum , I’m sorry. I couldn’t even visit your tomorrow on your birthday. What kind of daughter am I? I’m not forgetting you , mum but that cruel wife of Dad’s didn’t allowed me to visit you. And Dad isn’t here when I need him the most. I want to pay you a visit so bad , mum. I miss you so much , mum. Are you hearing me , mum?”

You hugged your pillow tightly , feeling a presence of your mum. You wanted her to lullaby you , you imagined her to cook for you and what you wanted the most was your family to unite but you realized it was just useless thoughts of yours since your mum wasn’t here anymore. While for your dad , he was busy with his works and his young wife. You felt unloved with the attention-less from your father.

Your mind recalled the incident that happened just now on the dining table.

 

-

You sat on your usual seat on the dining table which was beside your stepmother. She wasn’t looking at you at all like you didn’t exist near her.

The maid served your meal and you thanked them with a smile follow suit.

You played with your spoon and fork which produced a sound on your plate. Your stepmother stopped swallowing her food and slammed her fork down on the plate which shocked you.

“Are you going to eat or not?! If you don’t want to eat , just go away! I don’t need you to accompany me to eat , you make me lose my appetite! And now you dare to make sounds like that in front of me?! You’re such a disturbance!” Your stepmother reached for your plate and suddenly threw it on the floor as the plate scattered into pieces of broken glasses.

You didn’t feel shocked with your stepmother’s sudden outraged. You were used to it since she already got into your picture for 3 years. Broken glasses and vases were already a normal phenomenon to watch in your house.

One of your maids was about to clean the mess but suddenly your stepmother shrieked , “Let her do it!” The maid nodded and walked away , scared that she might got fired by your mean stepmother. But from her face , she was apologizing to you but you just smiled and motioned her it was okay. This wasn’t something new to you as well.

You bent down on your knees to pick up the glasses’ pieces but suddenly your stepmother came behind you and shoved you to the front and you tried to hold yourself from falling down by putting your both of your hands on the floor , on the scattered glasses specifically.

You let out a loud wince as your hands hit the broken glasses. You sat on the floor while trying hard not to cry and looked at your bleeding hands.

Your stepmother smirked evilly as she saw you were bearing with the pain. She turned around and went to her room , leaving you alone on the floor.

The maids surrounded you and their expression changed as they saw your bleeding hands. Blood kept coming out from your hands. Your body was shuddering as you saw your own blood.

“We’re sorry for not protecting you , Miss.” The maids said with regrets. You tried hard to smile in your pain. “It’s okay.”

“We need to treat your hands now before something else happens.” One of the maids ran to fetch a first-aid kit.

After your bleeding stopped , you thanked them and went to your stepmother’s room. Tomorrow would be your late mother’s birthday and you wanted to visit her at the cemetery. That was actually the thing that you were about to ask your stepmother on the dining table before.

You knocked her door with a soft sound. You continued to knock when you didn’t hear any reply from her but suddenly the door was opened from inside , revealing an angry face of your stepmother.

“What do you want huh?! A medical fee for your stupid injury?!” Your stepmother put her hands on her hips while scowling.

You shook your head. “It’s not about that. I got my hands treated already.” You smiled before continuing your sentence , “I want to ask your permission to visit my mum’s grave tomorrow.”

You heard your stepmother chuckling. “You want to what?! Visit your dead mother?! Do you think I’ll allow you? No way! Since your dad isn’t here , you have to listen to what am I saying! Why should I give you permission to visit an unimportant grave? I’m not allowing you! Full stop!”

Your stepmother was about to shut the door but you blocked with your hands , even it gave you a lot of pain.

“Please! It’s my mum’s birthday tomorrow! I never missed to visit her on her birthday before.” You begged.

Your stepmother looked at you , feeling annoyed. “Who cares if it’s her birthday tomorrow?! Just let her rest in peace and no visiting on her birthday this year! It makes me sick of going to visit a dead buried person!” You stepmother spat and slammed her door in front of your face.

You didn’t even move a muscle. You stayed flabbergasted for a while before slowly walked to your room with disappointment.

-

You thought of something that had never across your mind before. You felt determination in yourself. “You can do it , Han JinAe. Be brave and shoot anonymous!” You pumped your fist high in the air.

You jumped off from your bed and got yourself prepared. You took everything that would be a need for you and put it inside your bag.

You smiled as you rechecked your bag and stuffs. You carried the bag on your shoulder and slowly opened the doorknob of your room and shut it with a small sound.

You tiptoed and looked around to see any maids were there at the moment. As you saw almost all lamps had been switched off , you giggled quietly. It was already midnight so all of them had gone to sleep , you supposed.

You quickly went to the front entrance and opened it before heading out from the mansion. You saw your security guard was sleeping with his mouth slightly opened. As you were out from the gates , you jumped in happiness.

“I did it! Mum , here I come!”

 

---

 

While in a dark playground , Daehyun took out his phone but immediately shoved it again in his pocket. He didn’t want to call his friends. He didn’t want to be a burden to his friends.

*You did great , Jung Daehyun. Just great.* Daehyun mocked himself for his selfishness. *Now I don’t even know where to go. Guess I’ll be such a beggar for a while.*

Daehyun got up from the bench and took his luggage with him. With a heavy step , he walked away from the playground but suddenly something stopped him.

“Mum…” He mumbled. He looked at his watch. It was already midnight but he didn’t care less. He quickly ran while carrying his bag. He needed to catch the train.

“Mum , your son is coming for you!”

=

 

 

 

Is this one a fast update? ;D Guess I’m too excited L O L Joke –w-

Anything to ask? Oh sure c: Just ask.

But..

Y U NO COMMENT?! DDD;  I’m dying of waiting for your feedbacks yet nothing comes ;____; O T L What a sad lifeuu ;~~; /cries a river

 

Thanks.