Secret 22

My Secret Warrior

 

You had been at Eunji’s house for hours and it was getting late at night but something made you wonder. Where was Daehyun? Why didn’t he come home yet? The questions were killing your curiosity.

You took a look at your phone’s screen to find what time was it. It was almost 12 midnight and you quickly rose up from the bed as you walked out from the small room.

A voice was heard as you stepped out from the room. The voice obviously belongs to Park Eunji; your one and only best friend. You found out she was actually talking on the phone.

She was being so secretive with the phone as if she didn’t want anyone to hear her; not even a single word. Her voice came out whispery and you couldn’t catch anything she said.

“Just come tomorrow, you idiot!” she yelled but her voice was still could barely heard.

“Your princess is perfectly fine. Seriously, do you think I’m that reckless?!” she nearly yelled out loud.

“No worry, I’ll pack your things for you, young master,” you swore you could see her rolling her big eyes even though you only faced her back.

“Fine. Go rest, young master. You had such a day today. Alright, bye,” she said as she hung up the call.

You were ready to surprise her as you already wore your smile. As Eunji turned back, she let out a yelp as she almost dropped her phone but quickly held onto it.

“S-Since when did you g-get here?” Eunji stuttered as she pointed at you with shock written on her face.

“Why do you look so shocked?” you raised an eyebrow and didn’t answer to her question.

“N-No, I just get shocked s-since well never mind that. Did you somehow eavesdrop me?” she asked questioningly.

You put your hands on the hip upon hearing her question. “Do I look like someone who’ll do such thing?”

She laughed as you said that. “You may be don’t look so, but who knows if you actually are.”

“To be frank, I heard two, three dialogs of yours but I couldn’t catch on anything else. Who did you talk to actually? I heard something like young master? Was it your boss?” you asked; being curious.

She quickly nodded and it was too quick in your view but you decided to shrug it off though.

“I see. But you talked to him like you talk to normal friends; like B.A.P,” you said. You didn’t call them as blonde heads anymore since all of them had different hair colors now which made them look so charming in your eyes rather than looking similar in your eyes.

“He is in our age though so yeah,” she replied. In mind, she was already sweating due to your bombarding questions.

“Really? No wonder,” you nodded as your eyebrows knitted.

“Yeah.  By the way, do you want to eat anything? I’m afraid if you’re hungry since you haven’t been eating for hours. I don’t want you to get sick or someone is going to kill me in a blink,” she muttered the last part.

But to her misfortune, you actually heard her. “Who’s going to kill you just because you don’t feed me?”

Eunji jolted in shock. She couldn’t think of another name than Daehyun so she just accidentally let out a name which herself loathed so much, “Your step mum!”

You chuckled in disbelief to hear Eunji’s answer. “Like seriously, Park Eunji? Out of all people, I think you know the most that she won’t care either I eat or not and trust me, she will love to see me starving.”

“I was just kidding, okay? I feel disgusted to even thinking of her being nice to you,” Eunji wrinkled her face in disgust.

You shook your head. “I know you were. You know it’s too impossible to happen, aren’t you? I wonder when she will finally be nice towards me. Is it too much to ask for?” you sighed as you sat on the couch.

Eunji came and plopped herself down next to you. “She doesn’t know how to appreciate your existence so it’s her own fault. Just keep praying that one day, she’ll finally open her heart to you. Nothing is impossible in this world, Jinae,” she comforted.

“Thanks, Eunji,” you said as you tapped her hand once.

“No big deal. Now, let’s get you to eat!” she smiled which made you groan.

“Fine, but just a simple one okay. I don’t really have appetite to eat,” you told her.

“At least you’ll eat and that’s good enough to hear,” she stood up and left to the kitchen.

You found yourself smiling at her disappearing figure. She was too good for a friend and you really appreciated everything she had done for you. Even though she might look bad in the community’s eyes, but to you, she was such a special friend.

A friend that you couldn’t afford to lose. A friend that cheered you up during your bad time. A friend that always stayed by your side. She was Park Eunji; your friend for eternity.

Moments later, she called you to the dining room. You walked towards the dining table and sat yourself down on the chair.

You looked at what she’d prepared for you. It was a bowl of hot vegetables porridge with chicken soup as the side dish.

“I’m sorry for not being able to provide you an appetizing meal since I’m running out of ingredients. But don’t worry, I promise you these will taste amazingly tasty!” she held her thumb up.

You laughed. “This looks promising though and seems better than the last time you cooked me a meal. And about ingredients, I’ll go grocery shopping tomorrow to buy you groceries that you’ll definitely need since you keep running out of ingredients.”

She shook her head at you. “There’s no need to! I can buy them by myself when I have time.”

You looked at her as your eyebrows were knitted in a questioning way. “The thing is, when will you get that so-called time? So just let me buy them for you, okay? Besides I know you’re not good in choosing groceries and you’ll end up buying unnecessary things.”

Eunji grimaced at you. “Fine then if you want it so bad. But I can’t accompany you tomorrow since I got things to do. Is that okay for you to go alone?” she asked.

“I’m big enough, Park Eunji. I can take care of myself well. If something happens, you’ll be the first person that I’ll call, okay?” you made an okay sign with your fingers.

She satisfyingly smiled; showing her deep dimples. “Okay then!” then her phone vibrated and she opened the new text message.

You studied her expression but then she turned to look at you.

“Hey, how about if you eat first? I need to do something for a while,” she told you.

You only nodded your head as you dug in your meals. It tasted delicious and different from the ways Eunji always cooked. It seemed like she had became better in cooking and that’d be a very good thing for you.

You smiled as you tasted the meals. You swore it brought your appetite up again and as you kept digging in the food, you actually managed to finish the foods.

“Guess I’m really hungry,” you chuckled to yourself as you your lips.

 

 

 

 

Bored? Then read my short stories (;

Her Eternal Peter Pan & Strength