Secret 14

My Secret Warrior

 

[Listen]

 

Eunji felt worry when you weren’t in class for the day. She tried to call you but you turned off your phone.

*Does she still feeling sad? But she sounded okay though last night.* Eunji couldn’t help but to feel worry.

A shadow took the place next to Eunji. She knew it was no other than Daehyun. She glanced at him and gave a look.

“I thought you love to be alone? Why hitting on me?” Eunji raised an eyebrow.

Daehyun chuckled to her question. “I won’t hit on a girl like you. Besides, you’re taken. I’m not brave enough to fight with Yongguk.” He teased but to his surprise, Eunji didn’t even glare at him like usual. Yet, he heard a sigh from her.

“You got problem?” He asked but Eunji shook her head.

“JinAe didn’t come to school today. I tried to call her but her phone was off.” Eunji gripped her phone tighter.

What Eunji said made Daehyun furrowed his brows. He was sure that whom he saw in the morning were you. “Are you sure?” He asked. He was ditching all the classes for today before the break time because he couldn’t focus in the class so that was why he didn’t acknowledge your absence.

“What’s with the question? Of course I’m very sure! She’s sitting beside me, of course I can know her absence. This girl, what is happening to her again?” Eunji anxiously blurted.

“But I swear I—well forget it.” Daehyun quickly stopped. *It must have been my imagination this morning. How can I think about her? Something’s off in my brain.* He sighed and got up.

“Are you going to skip classes again?” Eunji asked.

Daehyun looked at her and rose up his index and middle fingers then walked off.

Eunji just shook her head and still tried to reach you on the phone.

 

=

 

Not even anyone knew that you were actually in the music room for the whole day. You were doing nothing and were just exploring the music room. You totally lost the mood to be in the class because you didn’t want to face Eunji or Daehyun. You felt like slapping yourself for skipping classes. You never did a thing like this before and you actually didn’t like it but you got no choice.  You wanted to avoid Eunji and Daehyun, nothing less.

You touched the keys of the piano. You could feel dust on it. Most of students in your school didn’t have any interest in music so that was why this music room wasn’t a popular spot for students. To be honest, you never been in the music room in your 3 years of high school. The first time you entered the music room was on the day when you saw Daehyun in the music room.

You didn’t know why you were choosing to be in the music room instead of other places like the rooftop or the garden. You sat on the chair and your hands started to move on the piano. But the sound came out worse.

You sighed. *I must not been practicing my piano skills for a long time.* You remembered the last time your hands played the piano.

It was two years ago. Blamed it on your stepmother because she was the one who made you lost skill in one of your favorite hobbies.

You still remembered the day clearly, the day when you had to throw out your precious piano because there was no use anymore.  Yes, your piano was one of the precious things that you ever had in this world because it belonged to your late mother.

Because of jealousy, your evil stepmother got rid of one of your great memories with your mum. Her flaming-with-jealousy-face was still fresh in your mind when you played the piano for your father with your late mother’s favorite song. The next tomorrow, when your father was off being outstation, you found that you couldn’t play the piano keys anymore. You cried hard that day when you knew your stepmother was behind the reason of the damage of the piano.

Your sadness didn’t end there. When your father was back from outstation, you got scold by your father once again because of your stepmother. She framed you by saying that you damaged the piano which caused your father’s great angriness.

*Mum, I miss you.* You expressed in your heart quietly.

Your sudden thought about your mother made your tears dropped again but you immediately wiped those tears away from the corner of your eyes.

“Promise me that you’ll be a strong daughter if I’m fated to leave this world.”

Your promise to your late mother made you feel stronger. You didn’t want to disappoint her. You wanted to keep your promise to her.

“I’m not going to cry again. Never. Yesterday was enough already for me. I don’t want to keep living in tears. I need to be strong. I need to be strong. I need to be strong!” You repeated those words as your voice kept being louder.

You put your head on the piano’s keyboard as your finger was pressing one of the keys non-stop. You didn’t care about the loud sounds because the music room was soundproof so no one would hear you actually.

You looked at your watch on your thin wrist. School time was almost over. You didn’t even realize that you had been in the music room for hours since you were too busy thinking from Eunji and Daehyun matters to your reminiscent of your late mother and the stepmother that you disliked.

“I guess I can spend time in the library until the bell rings.” You thought and got up from the seat. You took your bag that you put on one of the tables and was about to walk to the door before you saw the door was opened from the outside.

You stiffed on your place as someone was stepping inside. *Oh no. I’m going to get detention for skipping class.* You wanted to run quickly and avoid the person but you knew you would fail to do so.

“Han JinAe?”

Your heart pounded loudly inside when you saw who the person was.

*I’m doomed.*

 

 

 

._. Sorry if this chapter is nor satisfying much. I couldn't get my mind work properly while writing this chapter ._.v 

COMMENTS ;~;

Thanks c8