Secret 27

My Secret Warrior

 

 

 

 

You kept tossing and turning in your bed that night. Annoyed, you scowled as you sat up from your lying position. You pushed the comforter off your body and rubbed your head.

You snatched your phone on the night table and your eyes widened when you noticed it had passed 2a.m.

“2 a.m. and I can’t sleep yet! Dear eyes, be nice to me please. I need my sleep or I’ll be waking up looking completely like a mad panda,” you babbled and put your phone back on the previous place.

It was barely a second when you took back your phone. Your heart contemplated either to dial this particular number or not.

“To call him or call him not. To call or not to do so. Should I call him or not?” you asked yourself the questions for like 15 minutes but then you put aside your phone.

‘Do you love Jung Daehyun?’

Baekhyun’s question suddenly popped up in your mind. Your eyes enlarged in realization. Now you got it why you couldn’t sleep. It was because of Baekhyun’s one question which made you drive crazy thinking about it.

“I admit that there’s a part of me telling me that I’ve fell in love with Jung Daehyun, but I just can’t toss aside my warrior,” you talked to yourself.

Another pang of realization struck you. Your secret warrior… Now you were really torn.

Jung Daehyun; the cold prince whose heart was cold as an ice. And there was your unknown secret warrior too who kept helping you whenever you were in trouble and not to say, you treated his wounds and bruises too when he was injured even though you just had done it once.

Just then, you slapped your own forehead. “Wait. Why do I think about this matter like they just confessed towards me? Seriously, Han Jinae, get a hold of yourself!”

You went back into your lying position again. “Even if I’m about to confess to one of them, I don’t think I’d ever do that considering on how different I am from them both,” you sighed as you closed your eyes; trying to fall asleep.

You grunted in aggravation when you still couldn’t fall asleep in the next minutes. “That’s it! I can’t take this anymore!” you got up from your bed and took a purple sweater that was hung behind the door before wearing it.

You looked at yourself for the last time in the mirror before grabbing your phone and wallet before fishing them inside your sweater’s pocket. You slowly opened the door; being careful not to make any unnecessary sound and walked out your room.

You went down the stairs tiptoeing and cautiously looked around. You were lucky that your stepmother wasn’t home and the maids and guards would have gone to sleep whenever your stepmother wasn’t around. Your father was a busy man, so he was rarely home.

You walked until you reached the big gate of your neighborhood as you looked around for any sign of taxi. You sighed when you couldn’t see one.

“It seems like I have to walk with my own two feet. How great,” you muttered.

Taxis were barely around your neighborhood since you lived in an elite neighborhood so the taxis didn’t really enter the neighborhood.

Irritated, you stomped your feet when you walked. You felt chilly breeze was slapping your skin which made you became aware while walking since you were alone. There wasn’t anybody around you. Well, do you expect people to walk around on 2 a.m.?

You have no fixed destination so you just casually walked to where your legs dragged you to. You reached a pojangmacha and your stomach immediately growled in response. You decided to come in the small tented stall and sat at an empty bench.

“Auntie, one ddeokbokki please!” you shouted as you raised your right hand at the lady who was managing the stall.

She smiled at you before getting a ddeokbokki and placing it on a plate. Then, she put the plate down in front of you. “Enjoy the food, young lady.”

You nodded your head and smiled at her before starting to eat it with chopsticks. You chewed the ddeokbokki in your mouth as if you were in heaven because of the tastiness. As you continued shoving it inside your mouth, it got stuck in your throat as you started choking and coughing. You tried to gasp for air as your hands moved speedily.

A bottle of mineral water was handed to you as you gratefully drank it. You patted your chest before drinking it once again and as you felt the food finally streamed down your esophagus, you sighed in relief. God, you almost died if it wasn’t for—

Jung Daehyun?!

You widened your eyes unknowingly at his unnoticeable presence. Since when did he sit next to you? And he even saw you choking like your life almost ended. Embarrassing. That was critically embarrassing for you.

“What are you doing here?” you asked as you almost choked on your saliva.

“Can’t I eat too?” he asked casually as he took a bite of the hotteok.

Your cheeks felt hot at his sarcasm. “I-I’m just wondering though.”

“Why? Should I doing something else?”

You shook your head at him, “No but I—” you suddenly took notice of the bandage on the side of his forehead. It was the same spot and the same bandage that you gave to your warrior though. And there were noticeable unhealed wounds on his face; and as you could remember, they were so similar to the mysterious boy. You felt a lump on your throat as you reminded yourself not to make such assumptions.

“W-Who treated your wounds?” you mustered up your courage to ask him.

He looked surprised with your sudden question. He put his chopsticks down and gulped down the piece that he was eating in a go. “Why do you ask?”

“I’m just curious,” you knew he wasn’t going to tell you the truth. But, was it really true though? It seemed too impossible if two boys had the same wounds and even the same bandage on the same spot? This was too far to be a mere coincidence.

Daehyun suddenly felt nervous. Did she know? How careless of him not to tear off the bandage that she placed for him and use a new one. “Why are you being curious over whosoever treated my wounds? I treated them by myself,” he lied.

You’re lying, Jung Daehyun. Your mind immediately responded to his words. There was a big place in your heart that told you he was telling lies at you. You began to wonder either your heart was telling you the truth.

Feeling confused than ever, you brought yourself up from the bench that you were sitting and paid an amount of money to the stall’s lady.

“Your balance…” the lady didn’t get to hand your balance when you were already walking far from her stall.

Daehyun looked worried when he saw you. He told the lady to keep the balance and ran to chase you before you got missing from his sight. He felt glad to see you slowly walking in the dark night since he was afraid to lose track of you.

When he was nearing you, he gripped your hand which made you turn back to him. Before he could say anything, you talked first.

“Go away from me, Jung Daehyun or whoever you are.”