Secret 4

My Secret Warrior

 

It was already 7.20 am as you reached to your class. Once you stepped inside the class, your eyes darted to an empty spot at the back.

You glanced at your watch. *He’s not coming? That’s new.* You shrugged and went to your seat next to Eunji. But you couldn’t help to look back. *Where is him?*

Eunji saw your concern face and followed your gaze . “What are you looking at , JinAe-ah?”

You went back into reality and looked at Eunji with surprise. “Huh? I-I..”

“You what? Looking at Daehyun’s seat? Worried since he’s not coming yet?” Eunji laughed.

You pouted. Eunji knew you too well since you had been friend with her for almost 4 years.

“Don’t mind me.” You said to her while taking out your book. You opened it to read but suddenly you slammed it close and looked intensely at Eunji.

That shocked Eunji. “What’s wrong?”

“Park Eunji.” You uttered her name.

“..What?” Eunji blinked , bewildered.

You wiggled your fingers to her , signing her to come closer at you. Eunji leaned her face closer to you.

“You owe me an explanation for what happened yesterday.”

Your nine words made Eunji grunted. “Aw Han JinAe , about that , L to the A to the T to the E to the R.”

She went back to her normal position but you gripped her arm. “I don’t take L.A.T.E.R. as an answer.”

Eunji sighed and wrinkled her nose in annoyance. “Since when did you become so forcing like this? Please JinAe-ah. I need to think about what to tell you and what to tell you not.”

“What? Just tell me everything!”

“Some of the stories might not suit with your innocent mind. Beside , you’re still too underage to know.” Eunji stuck her tongue out at you , earning her a pinch on her arm from you.

“Yah Park Eunji , are you—!” Your words were muffled as Eunji clamped her hands on your mouth.

“Shh ~ Miss lion is here. If you don’t want her claws to get near you , you better shut up.” Eunji warned as she stood up from her seat.

You also stood up from your seat with a light groan. You looked to the front , to see the most popular teacher with lot of haters. But of course , becoming you , how can you ever hate someone no matter how annoying them are.

~~~

It was break time. You were sitting near a big tree at your school with Eunji. Both of you were quiet.

“So , I guess it’s already time for your explanation that I really wanna know.” You spoke first.

Eunji heaved a heavy sigh. “You are really persistent , aren’t you?”

You chuckled lightly. “Beats me.”

“Okay so , about what did you see yesterday , I think it’s already a big explanation , isn’t it?”

“I want to know why. There are many scopes of jobs that a teen like you can do but why being ..that?” You inquired.

“I have no choice , JinAe-ah. But still it’s a better job rather than being a e right?” Your eyes rounded when you heard that. “P-e?! Don’t say that you..”

“Hey! Of course I’m not! Don’t misunderstand me. No matter how hard my life is , I won’t go for being a e.” Eunji said fervently.

“I know you won’t , bestie. I’m sorry.” You apologized and took Eunji’s hand.

Eunji tapped your hands with her freehand. “It’s okay.”

“Do you mind to tell me now?” You asked sincerely.

Eunji looked at you before looking away. “Yeah.”

 

-FLASHBACK-

 The 14 years-old Eunji was sitting lazily on the couch at her small home. Her parents hadn’t been home for almost 2 weeks. As their daughter , she felt truly worried for them especially when she knew that her parents had too many debts. Maybe their debts now were almost $1 million.

Her parents kept running away to avoid the debt collectors that was why they rarely went home because they didn’t want the gangsters to know where they lived and also they didn’t want them to find Eunji.

“Mum , dad , I miss you.” Eunji sighed.

Suddenly , there was a loud banging on the door. Eunji was shocked. *Who’s that?* She thought. She warily walked to the door.

“Eunji-ah!”

Eunji quickly brightened. “Mum! Dad!” She opened the door for both of her parents to enter.

Her mum quickly gave her a tight hug. “Eunji-ah , I miss you so much.”

“I miss you too , Mum.” Eunji said. Her mum pulled away from her and her face. “My daughter Eunji.”

“Mum…”

Eunji’s dad suddenly barked. “We need to start packing now!!” Her mum’s eyes widened in realization.

Both of her parents quickly went to the room and started to pack their clothes and stuff. Eunji came inside.

“Mum , Dad , where are you both going this time?” Eunji asked , baffled. Then her mum reached out for another bag and shoved it to Eunji.

“We’re all moving out from here , now. Pack your things now , Eunji. We have no time. They’re coming after us.” Her mum said in a panicky voice.

Eunji stood there , still confused with what was happening. “Who’s coming after us?”

“The gangsters! They’re going to kill us and they wants to sell you or making you as a e!” As Eunji’s father finished his words , Eunji quickly went to her room and started to pack her own things.

Her hands were shaky. *They can’t kill my parents! And I don’t want to be a e!!* Eunji yelled in her head.

Her parents were already waiting for her outside their house. “Hurry up Eunji! We’re ruining out of time!” Eunji heard her dad shouted.

BANG!BANG!

Eunji was shocked by that sudden dash. *What happened? Don’t tell me that..” Eunji walked outside the house. Her hands dropped to the sides when she saw her two beloved person were lying down on the ground , bloodstained.

“Mum…Dad… No!!” Eunji ran to her mum’s side. She held her mum’s hands. “Mum. Don’t leave me. I have nobody else in this world. Say something , mum.” Eunji shook her mum’s body.

Yet , no words came out from the middle-aged woman. Eunji scrambled to her dad’s dead body.

“Dad , please wake up. Let’s sleep inside , eo? Dad , please ~” Eunji continued to beg although she knew it was useless.

“You’re not leaving me , mum , dad.” Eunji bawled on her dad’s bloody chest.

Suddenly , there was a shadow in front of her. Sniffling , Eunji looked up and found a man , who was around her father’s age , smirking at her.

“Welcome , Park Eunji.”

--

Eunji sat in the big office room while looking around cautiously. She looked at the man in front of her , who was observing her at that time. She felt uncomfortable with his gaze.

“Stop looking at me like that. You looked like a e.” Eunji said to him , being straightforward.

The man laughed upon hearing that came out from Eunji. He didn’t expect that this 14 years-old girl in front of him would talk in such manners to him.

“Okay , I’m going to stop staring at you now. Seeing how matured you are , I think you already know what are you in , right?”

Eunji  froze in her seat. *Am I going to take over the debts?*

Like he was reading her mind , “Now your parents’ debts are officially carried by you.”

Eunji felt like a heavy rock was thrown at her. *This is not happening. What’s going to happen at me later? Being chase everywhere? That’s definitely not a life that I’ve ever wanted.*

“Don’t worry. I’ve found an easier way for you to settle the debts.”

“What kind of way?”

“Work with me until you settle all the debts.” The man gave her a smile , but it didn’t look like a smile to her.

“As what?” Eunji asked nervously.

“What can you do at a club?”

Eunji’s eyes widened in shocked as she remembered what her father said. “I’m not going to sell my body to anyone or even let anyone to touch it!” She snarled.

“Unfortunately , we only have two options. The girls in the club , the boys in the streets.” The main stated.

“Streets? You mean gangsters?” Eunji asked , feeling interested with the boys’ option.

The man nodded his head.

“I don’t want to involve with the club. Let me work with the boys.” Eunji was persistent with her answer this time.

The man seemed to be struck with Eunji’s choice. “Are you serious? Can a girl like you do this type of job?”

“Don’t underestimate me. I’m tougher than what I looked like.”

“What a spirit. If that’s your choice , I don’t have the right to prevent you from doing so. As long as you pay up your parents’—well your debt , I’m okay with it. Good luck for your job! And from now on , I’m your boss ,

JUNG DAEWON.”

Daewon held out his hands and Eunji shook his hands in dealing.

This is how my new life started … with debt , without mum and dad …..

-END OF FLASHBACK-

Eunji’s tears were threatening to fall yet she tried hard to hold her tears. She looked at you and quickly hugged you when she realized that you were crying.

“Yah pabo , I don’t cry , but why are you crying?” She chuckled lightly as she patted your back.

“I never know your life is so hard. Why don’t you ever tell me about it? I feel so guilty at you now.” You broke the hug and pouted.

Eunji slapped your arm lightly. “Eyy don’t give me that face. I didn’t tell you because I know your reaction would be like this. I don’t want to drag you in my dangerous life , you know that? You’re the only person that I have now. The only thing that I can do for you is keeping you away from dangers.”

You smiled when you heard that but you were still choking. “Eunji-ah , you’ve done so much for me. I’m so grateful to have you!” You squeezed Eunji tightly.

“Aarkk JinAe-ah! That’s enough! I’m losing my breath!” Eunji shrieked.

You loosened the hug as Eunji exhaled and inhaled for a few times. “Oops I’m sorry. My bad.” You smiled sheepishly.

Eunji suddenly flicked your forehead. “That’s your punishment.”

You rubbed your forehead. “You meanie.” You glared at Eunji.

Eunji ignored your glare and lied down on her stomach. “Whoa~ What a beautiful day.”

You poked her tummy using your pinky. “What?” Eunji asked.

“Promise me that you won’t keep any secret from me after this , even a tiny one.” You wiggled your pinky at her.

She quickly sat up and laced her pinky with yours. “Promise!” Eunji grinned. You gave her a wide grin.

I’m sorry , but there’s something that you shouldn’t know yet.

--