Secret 23

My Secret Warrior

 

 

 

Exo was watching a movie at Kai’s house. Since Kai’s parents were rarely home, they always came to Kai’s house to spend their times rather than the others’. One thing for sure; they never went to Baekhyun’s house, not for even once. Baekhyun reasoned that his father didn’t like any visitors except for Daehyun’s which meant only B.A.P. was allowed. Besides his father had known B.A.P. since they had been friends for years with Daehyun and Jung Daewon didn’t like Exo; not even one bit.

Baekhyun’s mind wasn’t at the movie at all. His eyes might be on the big screen but he was looking at it emptily. In his mind, the television was actually playing you instead of the science fiction movie. He was thinking about your beauty which mesmerised him big time, your big innocent eyes, with your pink kissable lips and your smile which never been off your face.

His thought flew to what happened earlier at the convenience store. Just remembering your name already made him smile so wide.

As usual, Baekhyun went to the convenience store near to Chanyeol’s house to accompany Chanyeol which had been wanted for some snacks after school. While Chanyeol was picking snacks to buy, Baekhyun went to another department since he knew well what would happen if they’re around Chanyeol when he was buying snacks. He was about to walk forwards but halted when he saw someone that he really wanted to see for all day. He hid himself from her sight and continued to watch her with the first smile on his face for today.

You were too busy trying to balance all the stuffs in your arms but your hand still reached for a carton of milk. Everyone else that walked passed you was looking at you weirdly. They didn’t get it why didn’t you take a trolley or a basket to put your stuffs rather than to hold into those.

You smiled with a red-faced when people kept looking at you especially after you dropped a packet of ramen(s). You mumbled something to yourself, probably on how regretted and stupid you were. Before you could kneel down to pick it up, someone else already did it for you. Yes, it was Baekhyun.

But you didn’t realise it was Baekhyun so you thanked him, “Thanks for helping me. I owe you one.” You gave a quick bow.

“It’s very okay.” Baekhyun chuckled lightly and straightened up his body.

You gasped to see Baekhyun was the one to help you. Since you were too shocked, you didn’t even know what you had done. All the stuffs that you were trying hard to hold in your arms for minutes finally dropped on the floor. Your jaw didn’t drop but yes, those stuffs were. Your big eyes went bigger especially when you saw the things you were about to buy had been scattered on the floor.

Baekhyun let out another chuckle. *Her eyes remind me of Kyungsoo’s eyes.*

“Great. What do I do now? It’s always a bad luck to meet this eyeliner guy.” You mumbled to yourself but Baekhyun’s ears caught all you said.

“I’m sorry if I always bring bad luck to you. Maybe the fortune teller that I met last year was right. I’m bringing bad luck to everyone around me. And instead of calling me eyeliner guy, why don’t you call me with my name? I hope you’ll always remember this name of mine; Byun Baekhyun.” He sighed; just a playful one to attract your attention.

Your face went redder. You were embarrassed that Baekhyun knew you were babbling something bad about him. Because you didn’t know how to react at that moment, you quickly began to pick up your stuffs.

But Baekhyun unexpectedly held your hands; telling you to stop. You hid your hands in a fast motion as a reflex to his touch.

“You don’t need to pick up these things. Are you ready for an exciting action?” Baekhyun smirked at you.

Your eyebrows pinched together. “Exciting... action?”

“Yes. I’m sure you’ve never do this in your entire life. So, let me show you a teaser on how my daily life is.” Baekhyun gave you a convincing nod.

You were still didn’t get it what Baekhyun was up for. Before you could ask anything to Baekhyun, a worker came and asked, “Did something happen here? What’s with the things on the floor? Miss, I believe these are yours, why don’t you pick it up?” The worker looked like he was about to get angry.

Now you were about to understand what Baekhyun meant earlier and before you could shake your head to say no, Baekhyun already pulled your hand and ran. You wanted to stop but Baekhyun was too strong for you so your legs just moved with his legs.

You and Baekhyun could hear the worker was screaming at the both of you as the both of you got out from the store.

Chanyeol, who just paid for his snacks froze on his spot to see a running Baekhyun with a girl. “Did my Baekhyun just run with another girl?”

You shouted at Baekhyun to stop but he didn’t. You were already exhausted from the running. Your action with Baekhyun earned stares from people around which embarrassed you but Baekhyun didn’t feel so. He was so happy that he could run with the girl that he has been falling into while holding her smooth hand.

Once Baekhyun and you had reached a nearby park, Baekhyun finally stopped running and tried to catch his breaths, so did you.

“Do you know how stupid was that? We were running for nothing and now I’m out of energy already!” You nagged at him with a frown.

“But still, it was fun, wasn’t it?” Baekhyun asked you with a sincere smile tapped on his face.

You looked at him weirdly before you began to smile as well. “I have to admit nonetheless it’s still fun and crazy!” You gave him two thumbs up.

He was happy to see your response. “Would you like to try it often?” He asked again.

You tapped your chin with your index finger; thinking. “Hmm, maybe?” You said; unsure before laughing.

Baekhyun watched the laughing you heartedly. “Then, be with me.” He spoke incoherently.

You looked at Baekhyun. “What did you say? I couldn’t catch you.”

“N-Nothing. Hmm so, why don’t we try to start a new friendship here?” Baekhyun suggested.

You stiffened. “Err friendship?”

Baekhyun nodded his head. “Yes. You and I.” *Although I’m actually hoping for something more but that can wait.*

You paused and bit your lips. You couldn’t give him an answer. From your reaction, Baekhyun could figure out why you were hesitating. He knew he always had been looking bad in front of you. This is why he wanted to try to ‘refresh’ your thought of him.

“Don’t worry, I’m not a bad guy. Well, at least not that bad. I’m actually quite nice but only to people that I like. And that includes you.”

You looked at Baekhyun; searching for his sincerity. You looked away before nodding your head. You didn’t know how to start the friendship between you and Baekhyun.

“Hi. I’m Byun Baekhyun. How about you?” Baekhyun extended his right hand and gave you his charming smile that no one else could always see but you.

You smiled at his sweet introduction. “Hi, Baekhyun-ssi. My name is Han Jinae.” You shook his hand and flashed your pretty signature smile which brought Baekhyun back to reality.

Baekhyun smiled with the thought of you and looked at his hand even though it was dark since Kai turned the lamp off so they could get the cinema vibe while watching the movie; according to Sehun.

Suho realised what happened to Baekhyun especially when he saw Baekhyun was smiling during the scene; where the war between humans and aliens were starting. He tapped D.O, who was sitting on the couch and asked the younger to look at Baekhyun.

D.O did as Suho told him and his eyes went wide to see the smiling Baekhyun. He then whispered to the person next to him, Sehun, “Why the heck is Baekhyun hyung smiling? It’s so rare to see him smiling, especially in the middle of a movie like this.”

Sehun rolled his eyes at D.O’s statement. “I’m not that stupid to believe you, Kyungsoo hyung. Baekhyun hyung won’t be smiling at time like this, okay?”

“Then look at him now, you fool!”

Sehun sighed. His attention on the movie was now gone, thanks to D.O. He lazily turned to look at Baekhyun and he gasped.

Kai, whose eyes were still on the screen, spoke to Sehun, “I know the alien is ing ugly as hell especially when she showed her s but you don’t need to gasp that loud, Oh Sehun.”

“Shoot. He freaking smiles, just as creepy as Chanyeol hyung.”

Kai furrowed his eyebrows when he heard what Sehun said. When did the alien even smile in this scene? Whose smile looked creepy? Kai was about to ask Sehun for it but he stopped when he saw the still gasping Sehun. He looked at where Sehun was looking at and he couldn’t even believe what his eyes saw. Kai quickly shook Chanyeol, who was so into the movie.

Chanyeol; who was annoyed with Kai threw popcorn to him. But when Kai didn’t stop shaking him, he glared at Kai angrily. “What the hell is your problem with me? Can’t you see that I’m so focused with the movie right now? Stop bugging me, .” Chanyeol hissed.

“Look at your best friend there, bastard.” Kai snarled.

Since Chanyeol cared for Baekhyun, so he looked at Baekhyun, who was sitting on the smallest couch which just a meter away from them. “Did he smile? Oh my God yes! Byun Baekhyun is smiling! The weirdest part ever is he is smiling alone! Kai, can you tell me what movie are we watching? Do I somewhat have eyes problem? I don’t think we are watching a comedy movie starring Jackie Chan, right? Or am I getting blind? Can you switch on the lamp? I feel like seeing my best friend Baekhyun is smiling! Is the world going to end in a split second?!” Chanyeol bombarded like he was rapping.

Baekhyun didn’t even realise the attention that he was getting. So he continued to smile; like a complete idiot in front of Exo. He suddenly felt like he should come up with a plan if he wanted to get nearer with you, especially when Daehyun became the obstacle that he had to face.

*I must do something regarding this. I need to.*