Secret 36

My Secret Warrior

 

 

Daehyun was roaming around the hospital hallway while waiting for his father to be moved to a new ward after 30 hours of being in the intensive care unit. Albeit his father was still unconscious, he had finally stabled and his condition was not that worrying anymore.

He saw a vending machine nearby and decided to buy a cold drink. He entered an amount of money and pressed a button to buy a Nescafe drink. He took the can bottle and clasped the opener before sipping the drink down his throat.

He continued his relaxing walk around the hospital before he finally reached the hospital’s yard. His eyes ran around; watching some patients on their wheelchair who seemed to be enjoying the nature; some patients with their relatives to be savoring the moment before his gaze caught a familiar figure who was sitting on the grass. It was Baekhyun and it seemed like he had a lot in mind.

Before Daehyun could approach him, a petite girl came to him before sitting next to him and handing him one of the drinks she was holding, “A cold latte for you.”

Baekhyun took the can, “Thanks, Jinae,” he smiled at her; or at least he tried to smile.

“My pleasure,” the girl replied.

Feeling slightly jealous, Daehyun decided to walk off the scene and let those two be. He dashed back inside the hospital building with an envious heart.

While in the yard, Baekhyun and you were still talking to each other as you asked the lad about his mother, “How is your mother, Baek?”

Silence befell between them for awhile before Baekhyun broke it, “Stomach cancer and currently on stage 2.”

Your face obviously showed a huge shock to know that, “R-Really? I feel sorry for your mother, and even you. You just met her after years of not seeing each other and this must be shocking to you, right? I hope you’ll stay strong because I’m certain she can be cured since it’s still in the early stage.”

“You don’t know the pain, Jinae. It’s like the happiness that you were about to have was suddenly robbed. It deeply hurts, Jinae. I’m scared if she doesn’t want to be treated. She’s one hard-headed woman, only my late stepfather could make her listen,” Baekhyun expressed his worry.

You hung your head lower to hear him say such things. It was partly true; but he’d never know that you had gone so much too. Your unhappiness turned to a complete life disaster when your father remarried after your mother’s death but you decided to keep it as you told the boy, “Then make her listen to you as well because I know you’re able to.”

His eyes twitched to hear it, “Really? Can I do it?”

You nodded your head at him with a smile, “I believe you can persuade your mother to receive the treatment and once she has become healthy again, you can take the chance to make her happy; to be the best son in the world and make your mother as the happiest mother,” you encouraged him.

“Thank you, Jinae. You always say the right thing at the right time,” he smiled before ruffling your hair.

You narrowed your eyes at him, “Don’t do that to me! I’m not your pet,” you argued.

Baekhyun laughed to hear that, “Fine then. By the way, do you want to visit my mother? She was sleeping when I went out earlier so perhaps she had waken up by now,” he said as he glanced at his wristwatch.

You gave him a small nod, “Oh sure, I’d love to.”

Both of you walked side by side and went inside the white building to visit Baekhyun’s mother.

/

Baekhyun pushed the door of his mother’s room with a small sound was produced but before he could open it wider, his ears caught the voice of Boyoung. Who was his mother talking to?

You felt weird to see him standing like a lifeless statue and decided to nudge him with your elbow, “Why haven’t you come inside?” you asked him.

He didn’t reply you but put his index finger on his lips; signing you not to talk a word. His attention went back to his mother’s conversation with the unknown party.

You decided to keep quiet and not to say anything to him in the meantime as you also tried to listen to voices.

“I’m sure you’re happy to see me falling sick, aren’t you? I bet if I die from this disease, you’ll be dancing happily on my funeral,” Boyoung’s firm voice was heard as she half-chuckled and half-scoffed.

“Why will I do such thing? Do you think I’m really that heartless?” the voice asked.

Baekhyun tried to remember whose voice did that voice actually belong to and his mind flew to a particular person; Jung Daehan. But why would his mother talk to Dr. Jung? Did they somehow know each other out of his knowing? But how did they know each other? Were they old friends too? But their conversation didn’t sound like what friends would say to each other.

“Aren’t you?” Boyoung huffed.

Dr. Jung sighed, “Look, I know I was once wrong but I swear I’m not like that anymore! I don’t have any bad intention towards you at all, Boyoung,” he tried to defend himself.

“A devil will always stay as a devil, Jung Daehan. How will I know that you’ve changed? That you’re not trying to ruin my life and my son’s?” the woman asked as she looked at him with sharp eyes that could cut anything.

“What should I do to gain your trust, Boyoung? I’ve thrown those thoughts away from my mind long ago! Why should I ruin your life and even your son—I mean our so—”

“Cut the crap, Jung Daehan! You ruined your own twin’s life and you even forced me to join you to which I did because you just wouldn’t be responsible, and now you expect yourself to have my trust on you? You can dream on about it because I won’t. And please, do not call him as ours because he is only mine,” she sternly stated her decision.

“Please, give me a chance to make it better, Boyoung. I’m truly sorry about what had happened. Back then, I was so stupid where I didn’t care about others but me. I was selfish and how I wish I was more selfless. As an apology, from now on I’ll help you to a better life and I want my son to acknowledge me as his father. I’ll pay for your medical fees and please give me a chance to fulfill my responsibility as a father to our son,” the doctor pleaded. He regretted it now that he saw how his son was calling for another man as his father when he was his real father. It deeply hurt him.

“You know that I won’t let that happens, right? And now you’re even talking about responsibilities? I am so amused, Jung Daehan. Since when did you turn to be this nice? I can manage my own life with my son just fine and we totally don’t need your so-called kindness because we are not beggars,” Boyoung harshly remarked.

“But he has the right to know that I’m his real father and Jung Baekhyun is my son! Baekhyun is our son, Boyoung. Nothing will change it because it remains a fact.”

Baekhyun’s heartbeat increased rapidly as soon as he heard Dr. Jung’s every word. He was whose son? All these years, Jung Daewon wasn’t his real father? No wonder the father that didn’t treat him with love because he wasn’t his son? But he was actually the son of Daewon’s elder twin? Misery came to attack his messy mind.

You; who also listened to the conversation mentally had a jaw dropped to hear that. So Daehyun and Baekhyun weren’t siblings but actually cousins? 18 years of living on earth, Baekhyun finally found who was his real father? It was shocking to you but you knew Baekhyun was shocked, surprised, astonished well you could name it all judging from his expression.

Slowly, Baekhyun trudged into the room as he looked at both of his parents with an emotionless pair of eyes yet sad tears were actually threatening to fall down his cheeks. The elders could only stare at him with shock written on their respective face. Inside, they really hoped their son didn’t hear their conversation earlier but they immediately knew that he was actually listening from the beginning when they heard his question.

“Who am I actually?”

 

 

 

 

I'm so pissed off today with everything so I can only give this update sorry.