Secret 37

My Secret Warrior

 

 

 

Daehyun heaved a deep sigh when he arrived home. It had been three days but his father didn’t show any sign to wake up just yet. But he was relieved that his father wasn’t in the worse condition. He was positive that his father would wake up real soon.

He was about to climb the stairs to go into his room but his steps were paused as immediate as he could when he saw Baekhyun was reaching downstairs. It wasn’t Baekhyun that shocked him; it was the bag that he was carrying with him. Why would he carry such a big bag with him? It totally made Daehyun’s mind went into confusion.

The two exchanged glances before the elder broke it and continued his step ignoring the look that Daehyun gave him. He knew Daehyun wouldn’t care yet he would be happy to see him walking out of the house. Before he could walk passed the younger, his arm was held tightly and he immediately noted who was holding onto him.

“You better let go of my arm right now, Jung Daehyun,” Baekhyun hissed as he glared at the said lad from the corner of his eyes.

Daehyun threw a sharp gaze back at Baekhyun as he coldly asked, “Where are you going? Or at least where do you think you’re going?”

“Since when do you bother about me? I can go wherever I want, can’t I?” Baekhyun wasn’t interested to answer to Daehyun’s every question.

“I have the right to ask and you need to answer me. Why will you carry a huge bag which I believe contains your belongings out of the house? Are you moving out?” he wasn’t satisfied until Baekhyun finally answered him with a reasonable answer.

Baekhyun felt strange with Daehyun’s behavior. Why did he act like he cared about him? “Even if I’m really moving out, is that even a big deal for you? I guess you’ll be happy because you finally won’t have to see my face every day.”

Daehyun was bewildered with Baekhyun’s answer. Was he going to move out for real? “But why will you do that? I mean, does anything happen until you decide to leave the house? I seriously don’t get you. I thought you love living in this mansion so much,” even though his voice sounded sarcastic but he knew it was partly true though.

Baekhyun scoffed as he looked at the younger, “I have nothing to tell you and you don’t have anything to understand because it’s my own decision. Even if there’s something happening, what makes you think I’m going to tell you? Don’t try to interfere in my business, alright? And one more thing, I once loved to live here but not anymore. I think it’s better for me to move out and live by my own.”

“Nothing always means something. I don’t want to know about anything else but I only want to know why do you want to move out? It’s because you’re moving out from my father’s house so it technically becomes a part of my business. Are you sure about living by your own? I am amused,” Daehyun said with a smirk.

“I’m moving out because I don’t belong here anymore! Are you satisfied now?” Baekhyun raised up his voice because he was pissed off with Daehyun’s sudden ‘caring attitude’ towards him.

“What does it suppose to mean by the phrase ‘I don’t belong here anymore’? Care to explain because I’m not satisfied just yet,” Daehyun asked. He didn’t know why it got him more curious than he was. Baekhyun didn’t belong in that house anymore? But why would he say such thing to him?

Baekhyun could feel his anger was rising within him. What was seriously wrong with this Daehyun guy? Why did he suddenly ask him about this and that when he never did such thing before? “As I told you earlier, I have nothing to tell you so please, just stop asking because you won’t get any answer from me,” he grimly replied Daehyun as he forcefully pulled away his hand from the latter’s strong grip.

“Dad is currently hospitalized and no one knows when he is going to wake up. Are you really going to do this? Do you somehow decide to move out because you think Dad doesn’t care about you?” Daehyun wildly tried a guess.

Baekhyun knew Daehyun wouldn’t stop asking as long as the latter finally got the answer that he was satisfied with as the former sighed and looked at Daehyun before chuckling cynically, “Damn, this sure is hard.”

“What’s so hard?” the younger lad was so keen to know about what Baekhyun had been keeping about.

Baekhyun questioned, “You just won’t stop asking until you finally get the answer you want, will you?” to which Daehyun smirked at him.

He then dropped the bag that he was holding on the cold floor before crouching down and ping the bag. He was seen searching for something inside the bag before zipping back the bag. He walked to Daehyun and took his hand before putting something on Daehyun’s palm, “Have a look at it.”

Daehyun gave a questioning look at the elder before his eyes fell on the thing that Baekhyun had given him. It was an old photo and in the picture, there were two males smiling as they put their arms around each other’s shoulders. His forehead formed a fold; showing that he was confused. He then looked at Baekhyun back with an obvious question which showed, ‘Why do you show me this picture?’

Baekhyun had expected Daehyun’s reaction to be like that, “Tell me what do you see in the picture.”

Albeit Daehyun was annoyed because Baekhyun just wouldn’t tell him anything, he decided to look over the picture once again and study it with a high focus, “I believe the males are Dad and Uncle Daehan. And it may be funny to say this, but I must say one of them looks like you and the other is like me. One thing, I guess the right one is Dad, isn’t it?”

Baekhyun smiled; or more to a smirk to hear Daehyun’s answer, “Right. Isn’t it strange when you looked like Dad when I look like Dr. Jung?” he hinted.

“Well, what can be so weird about—” Daehyun paused as he looked at Baekhyun with widened eyes, “It can’t be what I’m thinking right now, right?” he required.

“We’re actually not siblings,” Baekhyun affirmed before he continued, “We’re cousins instead.”

Shock was seen through Daehyun’s reaction, “But how? I mean, what’s all this? From half-siblings to cousins? I seriously don’t get this.”

“It’s one long story to be told, Daehyun. At least you should know that we’re not brothers. Are you happy now? But too bad we’re still related to each other since we’re cousins,” Baekhyun chuckled in a sarcastic way.

Daehyun decided that it would be better for him not to know about it, “You think I’m going to be happy? You must be thinking that I loathe you, right? Just as much as you hate me.”

“Well, for what reason won’t you be delighted? Well at least that’s what I expect. To be frank, I don’t hate you, or at least not that much,” Baekhyun told the younger.

“Maybe it’s because I won’t have anyone to fight with after this? I’m not sure either I hate you or not but one thing, I don’t have any intention to kill you so maybe you can conclude that, I don’t hate you that much too?” Daehyun said but more to a question.

The cousins stared at each other for a few seconds before breaking into laughter together for the first time in years. Never once they had such a peaceful time together. It was such a precious moment to savor and keep in mind.

“Does that mean we don’t really hate each other?” the elder asked with a furrowed eyebrow.

“Hypothesis is accepted,” Daehyun said.

Baekhyun’s hand immediately smacked Daehyun’s head in a soft way, “Since when did we carry out an experiment, you idiot?”

Yet Daehyun could only laugh to receive a smack from Baekhyun as he asked, “Every person is experimenting with their own life, isn’t it right?”

“I guess you’re right. I’ve failed in many experiments before and there’s no way I’m going to fail this one and I’ll try to do the best to make it successes,” Baekhyun sounded so determined when he said it.

“Good for you then. So what’s the most perfect aim for your experiment?” Daehyun asked.

“To study the existence of Jung Baekhyun in the life of Jung Daehan and Ahn Boyoung!”

“I must say that’s too ridiculous, you moron.”

“You’re just being a jealous freak.”

“Get your out of this house.”

 

/

 

After school was over for the day, you immediately made your way to the hospital with Eunji since she told you that she wanted to visit Daehyun’s father. When you arrived at the hospital, you saw a familiar group of 5 boys and realized it was B.A.P.

The first one to take notice of Eunji and you was Yongguk as he called, “Eunji! You’re here.”

Eunji scrunched up her nose in distaste as you could only smile at her reaction. She walked to Youngjae and asked, “How is Mr. Jung?”

“We heard that he’s still unconscious so we haven’t visited him yet since won’t it be strange to visit someone who is still unconscious as a group?” the witty boy remarked.

Eunji could only nod at Youngjae’s answer, “Where’s Daehyun?” as her eyes frantically looked around.

“When we arrived, he wasn’t here even until now so in conclusion, we don’t know where he is because we’re looking for him as well,” the youngest Zelo answered.

You spoke before Eunji could reply, “Really? That’s weird because he’s always here waiting for his father.”

It turned into a silence since everyone was thinking where Daehyun could be at the moment. But the silence was broken by Himchan’s voice.

“Hey guys, might want to look at there,” he said as he pointed his index finger somewhere.

All heads turned to the direction Himchan was pointing at before loud gasps and the sounds of cracking jaw were heard everywhere.

“I wonder if I’m actually having a dream or a nightmare.”

“Dear God, don’t blind my eyes.”

“ just got unrealistically real.”

“I can’t be sure what I’m seeing.”

“This is too insane to be true.”

“What an amazing view, isn’t it?”

Five pairs of eyes immediately shot Jongup with killing glares signing that they weren’t agree at all with his statement but you secretly agreed with him as you formed a tiny smile.

You looked at the previous direction and your smile widened when you watched how Daehyun and Baekhyun were naturally talking and laughing with each other like good friends as they walked towards the track you were at.

They stopped walking when they finally faced the group who still had shock expressions all over their faces until they couldn’t even talk to him. The cousins glanced at each other with meaningful smiles before looking back at the group as three words from them made the group was even more surprised than they already were.

“We are good.”