Secret 28

My Secret Warrior

 

 

 

 

It had been days ever since that night and you had became cold to everyone around you. No more the sweet Han Jinae and the all-smiley you also disappeared. You became ignorant; so atypical of you that shocked people who weren’t used and had never seen this side of you.

They had been wondering about what just happened towards you until it made you became this surprisingly cold. You didn’t even utter a word to people; including your ultimate best friend, Park Eunji.

It was dismissal time and you were packing your bag yet you could feel Daehyun’s stare on you. As you began to get up from your seat, Eunji held your arm.

“We need to talk,” she began.

“Forget it,” you coldly replied as you pulled your hand away from her grip.

It got on Eunji’s nerve as she immediately grabbed your arm again yet it was forcefully did this time. “I’m serious about what I said, we really need to talk,” she looked at you straight in the eyes.

“I have nothing to say to you or anybody. Just leave me alone, that’s all I need!” you shouted at her.

She looked astonished when you suddenly shouted at her. She dropped your hand, “We’re best friends, how can I leave you alone when you seem like you’re in misery?”

Her words made you regret what you did, “I just need some time alone. Please, Eunji. Just this time; let me rest my mind first.”

Even though she couldn’t figure out why you were acting that way, she only nodded her head as a response, “Fine then. After that, you really need to tell me about it.”

You gave her a tiny smile as you walked out from the class leaving Eunji and Daehyun who had been watching quietly behind.

Eunji sighed as she looked at your fading sight. She started to think about what had happened to you which made her confuse as ever. Did she somehow do any wrong towards you? But Han Jinae that she knew wasn’t like this and had never been like this. What could be happening?

“It’s all because of me,” Daehyun spoke out.

The tall girl turned her head at the speaking boy. “What do you mean?” she asked in confusion.

“No secret is meant to be kept forever,” he halted before continuing, “I guess it’s time to reveal it once and all.”

“What’s this about, Daehyun?” Eunji couldn’t get it yet.

“I think she is almost to know now, Eunji.”

“To know about what? I can’t understand anything!”

“That I’m the one who has been her secret warrior.”

Eunji gaped at Daehyun’s revelation. “B-But how did she know?”

“It came from me. I was being so careless and she was being her clever self. What do I do now when I’m not even ready to tell her the truth that I’ve been hiding?” the boy frustratingly ran his fingers in his black hair.

“Things happen for a reason, Daehyun. I think you know why this kind of thing happened. It’s your chance to tell her what has been happening all this time. Tell her everything that you have to tell her and what she needs to know. If you’re going to continue avoiding yourself from resolving this matter, then you might hurt her more than you have did,” Eunji wisely advised.

Daehyun looked at her with confused eyes. “Will she be able to accept everything? What if she starts to hate me because of this?”

Eunji chuckled softly at Daehyun’s questions. “I bet you know better, Dae. She won’t hate you because she has her own reason too. And one thing, I know she’ll be able to accept it if you tell her every single thing and don’t let out any small detail. Tell her everything, Dae. Be brave, be a man you are,” she tapped his back encouragingly as she smiled; showing her deep dimples.

Daehyun smiled back at her. ‘I must tell her everything. Yes, I must do that soon!’

 

/

 

You were laying down in your bed thinking about Jung Daehyun or your secret warrior or just whoever he was actually. After you got back from school, your mind was filled with his name only as you didn’t even get to do anything else. You had been locking yourself in your room for hours just because of Daehyun. You felt stupid but at the same time you were eager to know everything about him.

Mostly, you wanted to know was your suspicion on him actually true? You easily accused him for being your secret warrior without even listening to him. You kept avoiding yourself from him which made him not being able to clarify his position. You started to think; were you that selfish?

Your mind started to gather all incidents which were involving your secret warrior in the picture. You recalled your first encounter with him.

It was when he saved you from getting disturbed by Exo. You remembered that day well because never once in your life any guy dared to do such things towards you. As you started to remember what happened that day, something just hit you.

The fight between your secret warrior and Baekhyun. And how they loathed each other; everything started to make sense. Were Jung Daehyun and your secret warrior the same person?

Did they really the same person who shared the name Jung Daehyun? So, all this time your confusion about choosing one of them was actually a waste because they were astonishingly the same boy.

A soft knock was heard and your mind could easily register the person. It was him; your father. Your father who had always been busy and sometimes didn’t even stick home for a month and you were glad that he finally got a rest for a week. A week might consider short for the other people but it was more than enough for you to spend quality time with your father in a week.

“Jinae, can I come in?” you heard his hoarse yet soft tone asked outside your door.

You trudged to the door and opened it. It revealed your father’s worried face, “Come in, Dad,” you gave him some space to enter.

He walked in your room and looked around before he set down on a small sofa in the corner of your room, “Have you eaten dinner?” that was his first question to you.

You shook your head signaling a no to him as you creped next to him and leaned your head on his sturdy shoulder.

“Isn’t your tummy feeling grumpy? You should at least eat something, my dear,” he advised as he your long black hair.

“I lose my appetite to eat, Dad,” you answered in a weak voice.

He tensed up when you gave him such answer, “Did something bad happen to you until you become this way? You know I’ll always hear you out even though I can’t always be with you,” he said before sighing. He regretted himself for not being able to be with you when he knew you needed him so much at this age.

“I’m confused, Dad. I feel like I’m being fooled by everyone around me,” you grunted.

“What do you mean by you’re confused, dear? Tell me what actually happens, who knows this father of yours can resolve your problem or at least give some advice as someone who has been living longer than you in this world,” he urged you to tell him.

You pondered either to tell your father or not. After a few seconds of stillness, you decided to go with it, “It’s about a boy or actually two boys or he is exactly a boy well—”

Mr. Han formed a fatherly smile, “Is my daughter in love?”

You jolted in shock at his abrupt question as when you were about to begin your story, “I’m not done telling yet, Dad!” you huffed at him which made the old man chuckled.

“Okay then, daughter, you may continue your story now, Dad will be listening well,” he smiled.

You went back to your story mode as you prolonged, “Those boys… I’m confused! Should I refer them as two or one when I’m not even sure the other one’s real identity? Are they really the same person? I don’t want to believe that.”

Mr. Han threw his daughter a hugely confused look. What was this about? Those boys? A boy? Same person? What were you trying to tell him actually? “Okay hold on, can you tell me the story without confusing me as well? I don’t think my mind can accept what you just told me. How about you be more detailed so this father of yours will truly understand the flow?” he asked with knitted eyebrows.

You decided to tell your father everything; from the start until the present. About Daehyun, about your secret warrior, about Baekhyu, just about everything you knew and could relate to the story.

Once you had finished telling, you looked over to your father to see him nodding in his in comprehension and being in deep thoughts; perhaps thinking about how he would solve your problem.

Silence was airing in the atmosphere before Mr. Han finally spoke, “The first thing to do as a wise person, you shouldn’t avoid him and you should listen to what he has to say. Avoiding yourself from this situation won’t do you any good but it’ll make things worse. This is why misunderstandings always  occur between people because a party won’t listen to the other,”

“You must face it, Jinae. Even though the ugly truth might come out, but how long can you stand the beautiful lie that was created to cover the ugly truth? In fact if they’re the same person, I believe there are reasons why he did that. I don’t think he actually wants to lie at you as the person that he truly cares for, I’m sure he has his own reasons and it’s for you to listen and find out why,” he wisely advised.

“Why do you seem like you’re implying that they’re really the same person? It’s not even confirmed yet!” you asked as the crease on your forehead deepened.

Your father could only curve a smile at your protest.

‘From your story and his story, I’m sure he’ll be able to bring you happiness that I couldn’t give you, my daughter.’