Secret 25

My Secret Warrior

 

 

You felt like you had been running for hours yet you couldn’t find any footsteps of Daehyun. You started to give up as your legs were also giving up. You felt beyond exhausted yet disappointed since you couldn’t find Daehyun.

*I wonder where is him. I hope he’s going to be really fine.* You hoped. You pulled out your phone and you could see numerous missed calls from your driver, maid and Eunji herself. You bit your lips guiltily. *As much as they’re worried for me, I’m more worried of Daehyun.* You sadly thought.

You walked to a nearby park to rest. Just then, you saw a recognisable figure that was lying down on one of the benches. You carefully made your steps towards that person. But then you started running when you saw him was like in pain. When you got nearer to him, only God knows how shocked you were to see him in such horrible state.

It was him. It was your secret warrior. You didn’t know why but you felt so delighted to see him. It was like you finally had found Daehyun. But you shrugged that feeling off when you realised how in pain he was. He hardly got up when he saw you but you assured him to sit so he did with your help. After seeing him in a comfortable position, you took place beside him.

You touched the bruise on his forehead and he winced when you finger touched it. “You don’t look okay at all. Did you get into a fight? Your condition looks very bad. You should go to the hospital. Let me bring you to the hospital.” You said and was about to pull his hand but he kept firmed.

He shook his head; telling you that he didn’t want to go to the hospital. You sighed. “Your injuries are quite bad. You look like you just got beaten up by a beast. You need to receive treatment from the hospital.” You didn’t want to give up.

But he didn’t listen to you. He stayed still on the bench. You rubbed your un-itchy head. You didn’t know how to handle him. Just then you stood up which shocked him. Before you could walk a step, he held your hand even though it was hard for him to do an action.

You looked back at him and he shook his head, looking melancholy. You gave a smooth touch on top of his hand. “Don’t worry. I’m not going to leave you. Since you don’t want to go to the hospital, I feel like it’s my responsibility to treat you. Can you wait here for a few minutes? I’m going to buy some medicines at the nearby store.” You told him with a smile.

He nodded his head and let go of your hand. You smiled at him. “Don’t go anywhere! Stay right here. I’ll be back soon!” You waved and you felt like he was smiling underneath his mask.

Right after a few minutes, you hurriedly came back to the park. You were so relieved that he was still there. It seemed like he was waiting for you as well since he also looked relieved when he saw you.

You sat down on the bench next to him and started to take out the medicines. He already winced when he saw those medications you bought. You laughed when you see his pinched eyebrows. “It might be a little bit hurtful but don’t worry, it won’t hurt that much. Besides it’s for your own sake though.” You said as you treated the bruises on his wounded face.

He kept wincing and avoiding but you kept talking to keep his spirit up. “It’s okay. It’s going to be over soon. Just a little bit, you need to wait, okay?” You smiled.

He stopped wincing and looked at your pure face. He loved your pretty smile. He wanted to see it every day. Suddenly, he felt like all the pains were gone and was replaced with happiness. He brought himself back to reality when you were about to take off his mask. He held your hand firmly.

“What’s wrong? Your mask is covered with bloods. Besides I’m sure you have bruises around your mouth.” You suddenly felt irked when he didn’t let you opened his mask. You have been wanted to see his whole face for a long time already.

“I can take care of it myself.” His raspy voice came out. “Thank you for being nice towards me. Maybe you should go now. It’s getting late. I’ll be okay myself.” He coldly said without looking at you.

You didn’t know why but you felt a huge feeling of disappointment to see his attitude towards you. Without waiting for any bit longer, you quickly walked away dispiritedly. You forgot about Daehyun already. Your secret warrior filled up your mind. You wanted to stay with him but the coldness that he shown towards you swept that thought away.

*Why must you be so cold towards me? You helped me and now I help you but you’re still acting cold. It’s not easy to melt you down. You’re just like Daehyun.* You thought angrily. You stopped walking when your mind mentioned Daehyun.

“Jung Daehyun... Where could he be? I’ve totally forgotten him. How great!” You frantically looked around but then you had given up big time. You were too tired and still upset over how your secret warrior acted. You decided to take a taxi home instead of calling your driver to pick you up.

At the park, Daehyun felt terrible for giving you a cold treatment. *I’m sorry, Jinae. Once everything is over, I’ll make it up for you, my love.*

 

/

 

Eunji opened the door when she heard the knock. She looked dispirited to see Yongguk alone without anyone by his side.

“Where’s Daehyun?” She asked inwardly.

“M.I.A.” Yongguk answered with a shrug.

Eunji gave a look at him. “You’re really hopeless, Bang Yongguk. Did you go to Ethos?” She asked like a police officer.

“I didn’t but Zelo did. Zelo said he did see Exo and Baekhyun seemed to be injured. But he couldn’t find any sight of Daehyun.” Yongguk told her with a big sigh. “That Daehyun guy. I’m sure Exo had beaten the crap out of him. And now where could he have been to? He always rushed into things. But I don’t get it why didn’t he ask for help from us this time. He went alone to fight those six freaks. This Jung Daehyun.” Yongguk rubbed his temple with the thought of Daehyun.

“You know what Yongguk, love makes him become different. This is why I didn’t go after him. He wants to fight for his love himself. Isn’t that obvious to you?” Eunji smiled a line.

“I guess you’re right, my love.” Yongguk gave a creepy smile to Eunji. Before he could do anything further, the door was slammed right on his face by Eunji.

“Go yourself, Bang Yongguk!” Eunji yelled at him from inside the house.

Yongguk's deep voice shrieked, “Jiji baby~!”