Secret 24

My Secret Warrior

 

 

Eunji opened the door when she heard a knock. As she opened it, she was viewed with a handsome face that was looking swollen.

“Getting my belongings, have you packed it?” he asked in an emotionless tone.

The tall girl rolled her eyes. “Of course I did, young master. I put it in the room that you used before,” she said as she made way for him to enter and closed the door.

Without saying anything, he walked to the room and left her alone.

“Pftt. I packed it for hours and you made no effort to thank me at all? You’re welcome so freaking much, Jung Daehyun,” she nagged.

Just then, another knock was heard which made Eunji’s forehead formed a crease. “Don’t tell me that’s Yongguk.”

“Eunji, are you home?” a soft voice chimed and she immediately knew who it was.

Eunji heartedly opened the door and smiled at her. “Hey there, princess.”

You gave her a robotic wave and walked into the living room as you sat down on the chair. You let out a sigh and closed your eyes.

Eunji felt weird this sudden behaviour of yours that she even forgot about Daehyun being in the house. She sat down next you and watched you; who looked gloomy.

Just then, you put your head on Eunji’s shoulder; making Eunji bewildered with the sudden skin ship. She glanced at you and asked, “What’s wrong?”

“Everything.” You answered weakly.

Eunji didn’t get you. It was rare for her to see you like this. Where could have the optimistic you been to? “Shoot.”

“I met someone unexpectedly today.” You began the story.

“Who was it?” Eunji asked with a relaxed face; didn’t expect for a surprise.

“Byun... Baekhyun.” You told her hesitatingly.

At first, she just nodded her head. But then she suddenly got up from the couch with widened eyes while looking at you. Luckily you could balance your head.

“You’re kidding, aren’t you? Your attempt to be funny just failed, Han Jinae.” Eunji stated. You could see the burning flames in her eyes.

“I’m serious! Why would I kid about something like this? I met Byun Baekhyun today. And most importantly, we started our friendship today. I promised to be his friend, so did him.” You told Eunji everything without hesitation while you were also looking at her right in the eyes.

Eunji was having a big wave of shock to hear that. “Like seriously?! Do you know how dangerous that Baekhyun guy could get?! Do you what kind of consequences will you face once you agree to be his friend?! He’s not fit in with you! You cannot befriend with him, not even once! Don’t meet him again, Jinae. Just please.” Eunji seemed outraged. Her voice was risen up; a situation where you rarely got to see. She was never like this in front of you.

“I should have expected this when I first told you this. I shouldn’t have told you in the first place. He’s not that bad, Eunji.” You defended Baekhyun.

“Do you have any proofs of your statement on he’s not that bad?” Eunji put both of her hands on her hips. She scowled.

You became silent. “Well, he did smile a lot today. I can see his sincerity by his smile.” You answered while thinking of Baekhyun’s smile. You loved his smile.

Eunji was dumbfounded with your answer. “That would be the last thing that Byun Baekhyun would do! A sincere smile huh? Baekhyun and sincere smile don’t fit well, Jinae. No, just no.” Eunji chuckled and shook her head a few times.

“He did smile for me!” You grew angry when Eunji didn’t believe you.

Eunji blinked her eyes. “Seriously?”

“Of course!” You answered and your voice was a bit excited.

Eunji fell silent. *Don’t tell me...*

They didn’t know that someone was actually listening to their conversation. Yes, it was Daehyun. He was about to go out from the room but stopped when he heard Baekhyun became the topic of your conversation with Eunji. Without waiting for a second, he got out from the room with his backpack and shut the door with a loud bam.

Both of you and Eunji were shocked with the sudden loud sound. Eunji looked at the angry Daehyun who was walking with frenzy steps and when Daehyun finally got out, she just realised something.

“. He heard it.” Eunji mumbled.

“Why does he look so angry?” You were baffled with Daehyun’s act.

“Obviously, he heard our conversation earlier about the Baekhyun thingy. I’m afraid that he’s going to go after Baekhyun right now.” Eunji said with a deep sigh. *Please don’t let yourself be in trouble, Jung Daehyun.*

“So? Why must he be so angry about it?” You asked again.

Eunji rolled her eyes. “It’s because of he hates Baekhyun very much, can’t you see?!” Eunji answered; irritated. *And he loves you, why are you blind to not to see it?!* She kept those words in her brain.

You suddenly grew alarmed. “He’s not going to look for a fight with Baekhyun, right?”

“Beats me.” Eunji shrugged her shoulders.

You quickly grabbed your bag and jacket before walking out from Eunji’s house. Before you could take a step, Eunji grabbed your arm. “Don’t tell me you’re going to search for Daehyun. It’s dangerous, Jinae! You can get hurt!”

“I have to.” You answered firmly.

“A Jung Daehyun I know can take care of himself.” Eunji noted.

“But a Jung Daehyun I know is a still human and he can get hurt.” You were still not changing your decision. “Don’t follow me. I know what am I doing.” You jerked your arm from Eunji’s grip and quickly ran before she could say anything else.

Eunji couldn’t do anything. In the end, she took out her phone and quickly dialled a familiar number.

 

/

 

Daehyun knew a place that he could search for Baekhyun. He stared at the building for a while. He then put on his mask; covering his bottom part of face before getting into the club named Ethos. It was an underground club where high school teens loved to hang out at.

Daehyun entered the club with a face full of anger. His eyes moved around to search for a person who he hated the most; Byun Baekhyun. His eyes caught Kai and Sehun were dancing wildly with some girls. Not too long after, he finally saw Baekhyun. He strode towards Baekhyun, who was sitting alone quietly instead of having fun with his friends.

Baekhyun realised a presence in front of him so he looked up to find who it was. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He didn’t expect to have Daehyun’s sudden appearance; especially not in Ethos.

Baekhyun got up and gave his trademark smirk to Daehyun. “What’s up, little brother? I’m shocked that you came to see me here. Want to drink with me?” He held up his glass in front of Daehyun’s face.

“Forget it. I came here because I have something to tell you, or warn you to be exact.” Daehyun tried to control his glowing anger.

“Woo. A warning huh? Now I’m scared.” Baekhyun rose up one of his eyebrows and put his glass on the table.

“This will be my first and last warning to you, Byun Baekhyun; don’t even dream to get nearer with Han Jinae or you wouldn’t want to face the circumstances.” Daehyun growled.

Baekhyun laughed cynically. “Is that it? Too bad I don’t care about your so-called warning. I don’t need your permission to befriend with her, do you know that? Besides, I’m sure she’ll like to befriend with me rather than you. Jealous, aren’t you?”

“You don’t suit to befriend with her! A trash like you should know where you actually belong to. A girl like her is too good to befriend with a ing bastard like you.” Daehyun glared daggers at Baekhyun.

“You’re right. I can’t befriend with her. Then, I think I should be her boyfriend. I’ll make her falls for me real hard. Maybe I should get into her pants as well.” Baekhyun hissed in Daehyun’s ear. Daehyun could sense his smirk.

Daehyun was outraged to hear that. “You son-of-a-!” He yelled before throwing a hard punch right on Baekhyun’s left cheek.

Baekhyun fell on the couch with the fast punch. He clucked his tongue; irritated. He then got up from the couch. “You really want to start the game huh? Fine then. This is just a ing start, er.” With that, Baekhyun’s fist hit Daehyun right on his stomach.

Daehyun doubled over. “Let’s end this game quick, shall we?” He then kicked Baekhyun’s tummy a few times before Baekhyun could reply back to his attack.

Daehyun was uncontrollable at the moment and Baekhyun kept receiving Daehyun’s kicks and punches. Baekhyun actually wasn’t that weak, but Daehyun was controlled by too much anger that he became stronger and kept attacking Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was about to get up after Daehyun had knocked him down but then he was flipped on the table by Daehyun. He groaned in pain but Daehyun showed no mercy. More punches came after. Baekhyun was too weak to even get up. His condition was a mess. He just got beaten up embarrassingly in front of many people who were watching the whole incident.

Before Daehyun could give another punch on the-already-weakened Baekhyun, he moaned painfully when a chair hit his back. He felt dizzy since the chair also hit his head. Then, he got a punch from a strong fist; which he believed belonged to Kai. He fell on the ground, crouching on his stomach with unbearable pain when five pair of legs kept kicking and trampling him. He felt like he already broke his ribcage and coughed bloods. Before his vision got blurred, he saw a smug smirk on Baekhyun’s face, who was also lying down on the floor.

“Let’s throw this out of here.” He heard a rough voice talked, which was Chanyeol’s. And that was it. Not too long after, Daehyun felt himself being thrown on the rough ground outside the club. He tried to get up but he groaned when he couldn’t. It was too painful for him. Getting beaten up by five persons wasn’t great at all especially when they had the same strength level as him.

Daehyun tried to get up again. His body was trembling to be against the pain. He then walked slowly with all the energy left inside his body. When he couldn’t patch his weight, he stopped. After hours of walking while carrying those pains, Daehyun pulled a stop at a nearby park. It was almost midnight so no one was there.

He went to lie down on a bench there. He tried to close his eyes but the pain made his sleep distracted. The weather was chilly and Daehyun was shuddering with the cold and pain. Regardless the pain and coldness, he felt like he was seeing his angel ran to him in a complete worry.

“What a dream...”