Secret 33

My Secret Warrior

 

 

Once Daehyun parked his motorcycle at the parking area, he quickly ran inside the hospital. He went to the information counter before he heard a voice calling out for him.

“Young master!” it was Andy.

“Where’s my father, Andy?!” he asked with a worried face.

“He was rushed in to the emergency room an hour ago,” Andy told him.

“What happened to him?” Daehyun asked another question.

A sigh escaped Andy’s mouth, “Someone is trying to kill him. It seemed like he was shot on the heart but we haven’t made sure if the bullet is really shot right on his heart and after that, a car knocked him down. I can’t believe he got himself in such terrible incident during my absence. I regretted it so much that I wasn’t there to accompany him,” he let out his frustration.

Daehyun’s eyeballs twitched around in order to understand what Andy just told him. He couldn’t believe after decade years of involving in such illegal things and businesses, his father finally encountered an incident which made his life was on stake.

Andy studied the young lad’s expression. He had never seen Daehyun being so anxious over his father. He knew as much as Daehyun kept claiming hates words to Daewon, deep inside he truly loved and cared for his father even after the death of Daehyun’s mother.

A few minutes after that, Baekhyun was also arrived. He looked to his side to find a gloomy Daehyun while Andy kept glancing at the door of the emergency room.

“Is everything okay? What exactly happens to Dad?” were Baekhyun’s questions to Andy once he arrived.

Andy shook his head, “We don’t know anything yet,” before explaining what he had told Daehyun earlier about Daewon’s condition.

Baekhyun was completely astounded to hear what Andy just said. It was the first time that someone tried to kill his father. It wasn’t that the killing trial never happened, but they never succeeded and now it was shocking to hear his father was sent to the emergency room. A question surfaced his thought. All of them knew what kind of a person Jung Daewon was. He was observant and guarded; he could even feel someone’s step from 100 meter distance. Why didn’t he notice if someone tried to kill him?

“Who brought him here?” the elder son asked again.

“I don’t know who since I’ve never seen him before. Oh, there he is!” Andy quickly pointed at a man who was making his way towards them as he rolled up his sleeve. Blood was visible on his grey shirt.

Daehyun was stunned for a while once he saw the man’s face. He couldn’t believe he was meeting him again.

“What a fate. We met again, young man,” the man smiled at Daehyun.

His smile reminded Daehyun to someone but he shook the thought away, “You brought my father here?”

The man nodded, “Yes, I did bring your father here, Daehyun.”

Daehyun was shocked for the umpteenth times of the day when the man mentioned his name. Even Baekhyun and Andy were gaping. They took notice that this man might be related to Daewon.

“How did you know me? I mean, my name?” he asked with knitted eyebrow.

The man curved a small smile as he looked at the three of them before focusing on Andy, “Andy, I’m sure you don’t know who I am even though you’re Daewon’s right man. Maybe I should introduce myself then, shouldn’t I? I’m Han Jinsung, Daewon’s legal business partner and his friend since high school.”

His introduction made the others gaped in shock. Daewon actually had a legal business despite all of his illegal businesses? And this man in front of them was even his friend?

“Why didn’t I know you before?” Andy questioned. He wasn’t satisfied.

Mr. Han half-smiled and half-smirked, “Maybe you should question yourself as Daewon’s so-called great right man.”

Before Andy could reply, the door of the emergency room burst opened as a doctor in his mid 40 came out while handing something to a nurse besides him.

Both Baekhyun and Daehyun gained another shock to see the doctor. Why did he look awfully similar to their father? Daehyun glanced at his nametag and it clearly read; Jung Daehan. Jung… Dae… Han. Only a word differentiated them. Before he could think further, a voice made his thoughts ran away.

“How is him, Daehan?” Mr. Han asked his schoolmate during high school.

Dr. Jung sighed before answering, “Terrible. The bullet nearly hit him right on his heart, it was only like a centimeter away. He is lucky that the bullet doesn’t get into his heart. And for his other injury, he had a fractured left thigh and sprained arm, nothing serious. He is still unconscious due to the shot so we’ll place him in the intensive care unit for a while until he finally makes a progress,” he explained.

“Are we allowed to visit him?” Andy took the chance to ask.

“I’m afraid not for now. Maybe in a couple hours,” he told them uncertainly.

A nurse came into the scene as she asked, “Doctor, about the earlier patient—”

“Put him at the I.C.U.” he replied almost as immediate.

The nurse nodded in understanding before leaving. Dr. Jung was also ready to leave, “If you have anything in further, you’re more than welcome to come into my room. I’ll go check Daewon for a while,” he said as he left and went back to the emergency room.

Once he had missing, Baekhyun was the first one to speak, “Who is that doctor? Why does he look similar to Dad?”

Before Andy could reply, Mr. Han answered faster, “Maybe we should have a drink together to talk about this,” he suggested.

The boys glanced at each other before giving an okay look to Mr. Han telling that they agreed. They walked together to the cafeteria sans Andy who was told to wait there in case if there was any information about Daewon’s current state.

 

/

 

As they went to the cafeteria, they chose the cornered seats and placed their drinks on the round table. Baekhyun; who was as curious as ever, immediately threw a question after sipping down his drink.

“Who’s that Dr. Jung guy?”

Daehyun shot a look at him signaling that it was rude of him to ask abruptly but then, he was so curious to know about the doctor as well.

But Mr. Han liked to take it on a slow pace as he put his drink on the table before giving a tiny smile to the youths, “I know you were shocked to see Dr. Jung earlier, weren’t you guys? I believe you can predict who is he by now, especially you, Daehyun.”

“Is he my father’s brother?” Daehyun hesitantly replied.

Mr. Han nodded, “Correct but not accurate. He is your father’s elder twin,” he gave them the answer that the boys had been wanting to know.

“Then why didn’t we acknowledge him for all these years?” Baekhyun asked. He was still in shock with the revelation. How strange it was that their father actually had a twin that they’d never knew about before?

“There must be a story behind it,” Daehyun wisely said.

“Indeed. I think it’s time to let you kids now about it. Knowing Daewon, I know he won’t open his mouth regarding this. Well, they were once the closest twins in earth. Just look at their features, amazingly similar right? One thing that differentiate them; a tiny birthmark on Daewon’s right cheek, do you notice it, Daehyun?”

The said young boy thought for awhile before nodding his head. It was true; he had seen the tiny birthmark on his father’s face for a few times. It was so tiny that other people wouldn’t notice it. He looked at Baekhyun’s expression and he could tell even Baekhyun didn’t know about it.

“But Dr. Jung has a small mole on his chin so I guess that differentiates them as well,” Baekhyun interjected. Why didn’t he notice the birthmark on his father’s face but he could immediately detected an almost unseen mole on his father’s twin?

Now it was Daehyun who looked at Baekhyun. Dr. Jung really had a mole on the chin? He didn’t seem to notice about it earlier.

Mr. Han smiled once again, ‘These kids sure know well about their fathers,’ he thought. “You got it right, Baekhyun. Back to the story, I have been friend with them since high school, so I know both of them very well. When Daewon got sick, Daehan would also fall ill. When Daewon cried when he lost in a football match, Daehan felt the empathy as he also cried. When Daehan got detention by the teacher, Daewon would also join him even though he did nothing wrong. And when Daewon fell in love, so did Daehan,” he halted for a while before looking straightly at both of the boys.

“And it was with the same girl. Daewon and Daehan both fell for the same girl,” he ended his sentence.

Both of Daehyun and Baekhyun froze in their seats. They started to think, so did them; they also fell for the same girl. It couldn’t be that… the history repeated itself?

“In the end, Daewon got the girl after facing so many circumstances. Do you know who was she? She was your mother, Daehyun. It’s Lee Misook,” Mr. Han told the boys, “Misook chose to be with your father and even told the twins that Daewon would be her choice no matter what happens. That incident totally changed your father. Not only he lost the closest person with him in his life, he also lost his family, wealth and the most saddening was, he couldn’t achieve his dream to be a businessman.”

“It turned out that your grandparents didn’t like your mother because she was nowhere to their level. The woman was poor and she wasn’t from a wealthy family like them. Daehan had influenced your grandparents to kick Daewon out from the house due to anger. Your parents had a hard life living together. No company would accept him even though he had excellent grades because of your grandfather. And that was the start of his illegal business. The business started to success so he decided to get married to your mother. But still, Daehan still managed to leave another scar to his brother which is visible until today,” he finally ended his story as his eyes intensely fell on one of the boys.

“What do you mean? What scar?” Baekhyun quickly asked.

“That’s for you to find out, Baekhyun,” he replied.

“Why can’t you tell us by yourself?” Daehyun was the one who asked him this time.

“I think it’s not nice for me to tell,” he mysteriously answered which left the boys with so many questions in head.

The two young males chose not to ask him any further because it didn’t seem like he was going to tell them about it.

Daehyun started to have a thought about his father. He swore he had never expected his father to have such hard life. He hated his father for doing those illegal businesses but now he understood why his father engaged himself with such things. He also learnt that his father definitely loved his mother very much because he left his wealth and dream just to be with his mother. And he even tried his best to build a new life. Guilt was enveloping him when he remembered how cold and rude he was as a son; saying that his father was a cheater and throwing insult words to his father after his mother’s death.

‘Forgive me for being such an ungrateful son to Dad, Mum,’ he thought in his mind. He knew his mother must be disappointed to see him in such way.

While for Baekhyun, he couldn’t help but to ponder over Jung Daehan and what he had done towards his younger twin. He knew he must meet the doctor to know about it. Curiosity was getting over himself.

Mr. Han stared at the handsome lads in front of him while sipping down his iced-coffee. He studied their expressions and a smile surfaced his face to see how deep they were into thinking before thinking, ‘Both of them sure resemble their fathers a lot.’

He put his plastic cup on the table rather loudly on purpose; shocking the two males. He sent a boyish grin to them as he said, “Let’s go to see if there’s anything about your father.”

The boys nodded on the same wavelength before getting up from their respective seats. Daehyun was the first one to leave the table.

Mr. Han tapped Baekhyun on the shoulder which made the latter turned his head at him, “Don’t forget to see Dr. Jung. I’m sure he has something to tell you,” he said.

Baekhyun could only nod his head curtly to what the elder told him. Dr. Jung had something to tell him? What could it be?

 

 

 

/

 

Any wild guess about what's happening?

and

and

and

 

What am I doing with this story ;____; 

I'm ruining it creys.