Secret 40

My Secret Warrior

 

 

After a week of admitted to the hospital, Mr. Jung could finally come home once Dr. Jung said his condition wasn’t that worrying anymore and he had been healthier than he was but he wasn’t allowed to do heavy works which required him to use his energy a lot. Daehyun was trusted to watch over his father and he gladly took the order.

Mr. Jung was sitting at the balcony of his room where he could see the swimming pool but he was busy flipping over the pages of the photo album that he was holding as smiles continuously to light up his face as he looked at the old photos one by one. He surely missed the old times where his wife was still there; by his side. Her gone made him feel so empty especially when his own son refused him. That was why he was truly glad when Daehyun agreed to forget the past to rebuild their life together as father and son; even without the mother.

Just then, the image of his elder twin and the only family that he had, Dr. Jung reflected in his mind. He always knew Dr. Jung’s whereabouts but he was scared to confront him. He didn’t want to bother his brother after what had happened between them in the past. But he was beyond shock when Dr. Jung didn’t hold grudge anymore at him and ready to leave the past to move onwards for their sakes together. But he was a little bit disappointed that he didn’t get to see his parents for the last time during their deaths. He knew his father passed away 10 years after he left the house and followed by his mother 7 years after.

Next, he remembered about Jung Baekhyun; the young male that had been living with him for almost 5 years. To be honest, he had never hated Baekhyun even though he always treated him coldly. The reason why he did that was because he didn’t want to give false hope to Baekhyun. He didn’t want Baekhyun to love him more than his real father, Dr. Jung. He was glad that the truth was finally unveiled and Baekhyun finally knew his biological father.

The best friend that had been together with him through thick and thin from their teens days popped out his mind. Mr. Jung smiled at the thought of him; Han Jinsung. He knew he wouldn’t be able to make it these days if it wasn’t for Mr. Han. He was the one who had been supporting mentally and financially him ever since he got kicked out from the house so he felt indebted towards him so much. Mr. Han was also the one who never got tired to advise him when Mrs. Jung died; when Daehyun started to act cold towards him and he was the reason why he decided to leave his illegal doings to start off something better than those dirty works. He had been realizing him about many things; especially about Daehyun. He remembered the day where—

“Jung Daewon!”

Mr. Jung closed the photo album as his eyes went to the person who had been ‘intruding’ his room and a smirk made its way on his face, “Speaking of the devil,” he murmured.

“Excuse me? You’re calling me devil? But I don’t care about that, I know you’re thinking of me and I’m so glad to hear that! Daewon, you’re really my best friend!” Mr. Han playfully gave Mr. Jung a cheeky grin.

Mr. Jung could only roll his eyes, “Stop it, Jinsung. You look extremely ugly to be smiling like that,” he joked.

Mr. Han snorted at his best friend, “For your information, if I’m ugly, your son won’t fall for my daughter, you know?”

“My son is what your daughter?” Mr. Jung asked as his eyes rounded.

“Daehyun is truly in love with Jinae, my daughter. Wait, don’t tell me you don’t know about it?! I thought you spy hard on your son oh my God why do I find this so funny,” Mr. Han cackled as he smacked Mr. Jung’s arm.

Mr. Jung narrowed his eyes on Mr. Han who was laughing hard as if it was the funniest thing to be heard in the world, “Whatever about that. And for your information, my son falls for your daughter because your daughter doesn’t even look like you yet she is the exact copy to Shinae.”

“Are you saying that my didn’t play its role?” Mr. Han asked jokingly.

Mr. Jung sent a disgusted look to the man who was born 3 months before him, “What are you crapping, Han idiot Jinsung?”

“Since when did I have idiot as my middle name? I’m so not going to marry my daughter to your son!” Mr. Han pretended to look away from Mr. Jung.

“My son can have all girls he wants, okay!” Mr. Jung retorted.

Just then, a couple made their ways to the balcony as the man screamed, “For God’s sake can’t you guys stop bickering?! Aren’t we too old for such childish fights? Even our children don’t fight this way,” Dr. Jung shook his head as he took off his spectacles. The woman besides him could only giggle.

“Hey, Daehan, when did you arrive?” Mr. Han smiled at the doctor.

Knowing that Mr. Han was trying to change the subject, he gave one last glare at him before shrugging him off, “I just arrived though but I could already hear you two from the porch.”

“Pft right. Why are you here anyway?” Mr. Jung asked his twin.

“Why? I can’t be here to visit my own brother? I just want to see what you’re doing, who knows if Daehyun is being easy on you,” Dr. Jung answered.

“Oh please, you know that kid is twice as stubborn as me,” Mr. Jung sighed as the guests laughed at their best friend’s ‘suffering’.

“Well, I’m here to tell the both of you about something,” Dr. Jung said; breaking the laughter.

Mr. Jung and Mr. Han looked at each other with knitted eyebrows before looking at Dr. Jung, “What is it?”

Dr. Jung smiled as he held the hand of his future bride; Ahn Boyoung in front of his friends which made the woman grew embarrassed before announcing, “We’re going to get married in the end of this month.”

Silence was airing in the atmosphere as both Mr. Jung and Mr. Han were totally frozen like ices that were put in the freezer before they suddenly threw their arms onto Dr. Jung excitedly and jumped like what their children would do, “Congrats congrats congratulations Daehan!”

Dr. Jung was so glad with their acceptance, especially from Mr. Jung. Boyoung; who was loyally standing next to him was also feeling relieved because they didn’t object their marriage. She actually scared if Mr. Jung wouldn’t be able to accept her in the family because of what she had done in the past.

“It’s proven that you’re actually straight!” Mr. Han suddenly stated which received him a hard smack from Dr. Jung.

Mr. Jung laughed at Mr. Han’s ‘misfortune’, “I’m glad that you finally get yourself a wife, Daehan since you don’t even bother to search yourself a wife for 45 years of living. Congratulations on the wedding, twin. I’m sure this is for Baekhyun, right?”

Boyoung nodded her head, “Yes, we do this for Baekhyun and we hope this marriage will last long. We want to see our son to be happy because he has faced so many hardships before so I think this is the least we can do for him. And Daewon, I’m really sorry for what I’ve done towards your family before. I ruined your family and there were a lot of things that I did in the past which I know they’re unforgettable and unforgiveable, right? But I really hope that you’ll forgive me, or at least you try to. I don’t want to be living as someone who is unforgivable by people around me. Are you willing to forgive me?” she hesitantly asked as she looked at her future husband’s twin on the face.

Mr. Jung stayed silent for a while before giving the woman a soft nod as he curved a small smile, “You don’t have to think about it anymore. I’ve forgiven you a long time ago, Boyoung. In fact, I’ve forgotten everything that you once did towards me. We should let the past goes and start a new life, right? Just live what you’re living right now and everything will be alright for you. But I have one last request for you, make my brother and my nephew happy, alright?”

Boyoung eagerly nodded her head, “Thank you so much, Daewon. I know you’re such a nice person ever since the day you accepted Baekhyun into your family even though he isn’t your son. Thank you so much. I don’t know what will I be like if you decide not to forgive me,” she expressed her feelings of relief.

“You’re making me jealous, Daehan. Wish I can get remarried, right, Daewon?” Mr. Han said to Mr. Jung with a so-called sad face.

Their views fell on the swimming pool where Daehyun, Baekhyun and you were at as Mr. Jung replied, “Do you want to get killed by our children?”

 

/

 

Baekhyun pointed at the balcony of Mr. Jung’s room, “Look at how happy our parents are. They really seem like old folks already.”

Daehyun and you chortled at Baekhyun’s statement as you said, “I’m glad to see them being so happy. And one more thing, I’m more than glad that all of us are good now especially the both of you. Everything seems to be peaceful and nothing is going to apart us anymore, right? I think everyone is getting their respective part which they deserve,” you smiled as you looked at the boys.

The boys nodded at you before Daehyun interjected, “By the way congrats on your parents’ wedding, Baek.”

You, who didn’t know anything widened your eyes at Baekhyun, “Uncle Daehan is going to marry your mother? Wow this is amazing! Isn’t that sweet to get married even though they’re not that young anymore? Wait, so this means it’s going to be your Dad’s first ever marriage, right? Wow, your Dad is finally getting himself a wife! Congratulations on their wedding, I’m sure you’re the happiest person on their wedding, right?” you didn’t know why but you felt extremely thrilled over the news that you just received.

Baekhyun laughed at how happy you were as if your parents were the one who getting married, “Thank you guys. I’m glad that they choose to get married and the feeling is just amazing! I’m glad that my Mum decided to accept my Dad in our life and even agreed to marry him.”

“I think Auntie Boyoung secretly loves Uncle Daehan, you know what I mean,” Daehyun said as the trio laughed.

“I envy you so much, Baek! I mean, you have both of your mother and father with you. Your life is complete! It’s sad that Daehyun and I have to live with our lonely dads,” you made a pitiful face.

“I know right? I’m sure the both of them are jealous with your Dad, Baek. If my Dad ever asks me permission to remarry, I’m going to prepare bazooka, guns, cannons and every single weapon in the world so he’ll forget his intention of getting himself a wife,” Daehyun jokingly stated.

“I’m so going to do that as well,” you joined the joke before the teens cackled together once again.”

As Baekhyun laughed, he received some sign from his father to leave his cousin together with you. He secretly gave an okay sign before saying, “Hey guys. I think my parents have something to talk with me so I guess I’ll leave you two here. Have great moments together,” he gave a cheeky grin to Daehyun and you as he winked at Daehyun and even made a ‘fighting’ sign before leaving the swimming pool and got inside the mansion.

Silence threw itself between Daehyun and you after Baekhyun’s leaving. The both of you could only stare around and let the silence led the situation between Daehyun and you.

“I’m sorry.”

You seemed to be astonished with the sudden apology which you believed came from Daehyun’s own mouth since there were only him and you at the swimming pool. There couldn’t be anyone else there, could it? “W-What? I mean why?”

“For always telling you stupid lies. I know it hurts you whenever you caught me lying. As a person, I hate to be lied at as well. No one likes lies because it’s one of the most hurtful things in the world. But as a person as well, I can’t help but to lie about certain things. And do you know how much it hurts me when the person that I have to lie to is you?” he regretfully said as he looked at you.

You could only stare back at him, “I still don’t get it why would you lie to me? I mean, most people lie at the person that they dislike. Do you somehow hate me?”

Your question got him in a total shock, “To hate you is the last thing I’ll do,” he expressed unknowingly.

Now it was you who seemed to be surprised, “W-What do you mean?”

Daehyun cleared his throat when he realized he had gone a little bit far than he supposed to, “I mean, why will I hate you? I don’t hate you at all. Sometimes, people lie because they’re not ready to tell the truth. But in my situation, I guess I’m stupid enough for not being honest with you. Are you angry with me?” he cautiously studied the girl’s face.

“I don’t know why but no matter how much I try to be angry with you, I just can’t. Sometimes, I think why I don’t hate you even though as you said, you keep lying to me. I have more than enough reasons to hate you but it’s weird when I can’t even bring myself to hate you, not even for a second. Even though you’ve disappointed me numerous times, I’ll always forgive you for what you do. I wonder why? I mean, isn’t I supposed to hate you? I can’t understand what is this feeling,” you told him with confusion written on your face. You actually tried to hint him about your real feelings.

There was only a thing that Daehyun could conclude, “Maybe because you share the same feelings with me?” he tried his best to let the words out of his mouth.

You gulped as you looked at Daehyun. You didn’t expect him to get the hint this quickly. You suddenly felt edgy over the whole things, “What feelings? What is that supposed to mean?”

Daehyun didn’t know how to answer to your questions with the right words as he blurted out something that explained everything as other words wouldn’t be needed.

“I love you.”

You stared at Daehyun in disbelief once he uttered those three words that would be able to turn you insane in a single second. Did you hear him right? Did he just say something that you imagined he wouldn’t be saying? Were you daydreaming? Did Daehyun actually share the same feelings as you did all this time? Did he really mean what he just told you? Was he still in his sanity when he said ‘that’ to you? Too many questions floated in your mind as you could only give Daehyun a face that you would consider as fool rather than stunned.

Seeing how frozen you were, Daehyun repeated what he said with more confidence that he could gather at the moment, “I love you, Han Jinae. I love you very much to infinity. I become your secret warrior because I love you. I keep lying to you because I love you since I think I don’t suit you. There is only a reason why I feel like protecting you from any harm and danger, and that’s because I love you,” he softly grabbed your face closer to his face and repeated those magical words for the umpteenth times, “I love you, Han Jinae.”

Without saying anything in reply, you abruptly threw your arms around him as you hugged him that shocked him but slowly, he moved his hands and hugged you back in a safe manner since he noticed that your father was keeping an eye on the both of you.

 

 

 

 

 

What a er dad…

 

 

 

I'm forever failed in writing sweet/fluff/romantic(whatever you call it as) stuffs ;_;