Secret 15

My Secret Warrior

 

[Listen]

 

 

Daehyun was bored to death. He couldn’t find a place that fit what he felt at that moment. He went to his usual hideout, the rooftop but he didn’t stay long there as boredom blanketed him.

He went to the back of a building and rested there but he felt uncomfortable with the surrounding so he kept on strolling in school.

Just then, something clicked in his mind. The music room. It was the safest and suitable place for him.  He wondered to himself why couldn’t he think about the music room in the first place instead of wasting his wasted time in all boring places.

He casually made his way to the music room without even thinking the risk of getting caught by the teacher who might be walking around. There was a student who stared at him bewilderedly but he gave his usual cold face to the student.

Daehyun turned left and walked to the music room. The music room was located at the end of the level and was a bit far from the other rooms in the same level. Maybe that was why no one actually cared about the music room.

He didn’t know why his heart felt excited to go to the music room. He didn’t get it why did he behaving that way. Something attracted him unknowingly.

Daehyun glanced around before he carefully opened the door of the music room. A thing—or actually a person caught his first sight.

“Han JinAe?”

That question somehow was blurted out from his mouth before his mind could assess it.

You looked shocked, which in a way you did, way too shock of seeing him in the music room. He stared at you and made a conclusion that you were about to leave the room.

Daehyun and you were looking at each other with weird stares. It was like both of you were aliens who met in Earth. This meeting was definitely unexpected, either you or Daehyun.

“What are you doing here?” He asked again after he made sure that it was really you that were standing in front of him right now and there.

You couldn’t find the right word to say. You were too embarrassed to admit at him that you were actually ditching all the classes in the schedule today. You bit your lower lip in shyness.

Daehyun got the hint even you weren’t really showing any real hints. “You want to be my partner in crime huh?” He raised an eyebrow, which you found as a playful of him.

“P-Partner in c-crime?” You asked in disbelief. There wasn’t any way for you to do any crime.

“Chill. I’m kidding.” Daehyun immediately said after seeing the scared reaction on your face. “Where are you going though? School isn’t over.” His eyes darted on your bag on your shoulder.

“Err- well—” “Mind to sit here with me until the bell rings?” Daehyun asked you as a tiny smile was shown.

You were captivated by his smile as you stiffly nodded. He seemed satisfied with your nod and took a seat. You put your bag on the table and sat near to him but it wasn’t really close.

Daehyun stole a glance on your pretty face but then he took a notice on your puffy eyes. He can predict what you did before he came in.

“Why did you cry?” He asked without looking at you.

You were baffled at first but then felt impressed on how did he actually knew you had cried.

“Reminiscence about the past.” You slowly answered.

Daehyun understood about how you felt. “Life must go on, Han JinAe. Leave the past and let it buried. We can’t look at the back anymore.” Your lips curved upwards into a very tiny smile of hearing that.

You and Daehyun merely spoke anything. You couldn’t stand the awkward silence so you decided to ask Daehyun something which was killing you as you got more curious than ever.

“Err—Daehyun-ssi, can I ask you a question? Just one though.” You promised. “Go ahead.” Daehyun told.

“I hope I won’t offend you with this question and I don’t hope you’ll answer my question as a question too.” You said and eyed him. He nodded like a little child to what you said.

“I’m just curious about err—your... your…” You found it was so hard to finish the simple question. Simple, but hard and can cause a heartbreak.

“About my…?” Daehyun motioned you to continue from the look of his eyes.

You were afraid if Daehyun would misunderstand you. In one breath, you finished your question, “WhatisyourrelationshipwithEunji?!”

You glanced at Daehyun to see he was trying to interpret what did you said. Then, he stared at you. “You want to know?”

*Oh great, he actually caught everything that I said.* In an immediate rate, you nodded your head but you kept your head lowered, covering your face from Daehyun’s stare.

“There’s nothing much to explain. It just that, I’m currently living with her.” Daehyun answered like it was no matter.

Your heart dropped. You raised your head up and looked straightly in Daehyun’s eyes. “R-Really?”

A small nod from him confirmed everything. You felt like crying. You wanted to avoid Daehyun so bad at that moment. But you knew if you run out from the room, Daehyun would have suspect anything.

“Eunji never told me about that.” You said, more to yourself but Daehyun still heard you.

“I just moved in to her house last night.” Daehyun’s answer shocked you not because of the fact that he stated, but because he actually heard you.

“I see.” You nodded.

“It’s not like I have any funny business with her. If you want to know, we are quite close friends. I’ve known her even before we entered high school. I might not look close with her in school, but we actually are outside of school. I even told her not to reveal about our friendship to anyone else. But now, I don’t really care about it. When I think about it, I feel selfish of not letting anyone see how an awesome friend do I have, as well as you.” He didn’t know why but he felt like telling you about it. He felt ease being around you.

“Eunji is surely an awesome friend like I’ve ever have.” You slowly smiled. Even you were quite disappointed that she never told you about her friendship with Daehyun, you shrugged it off.

“She loves you that much, JinAe. She once told me that she appreciates your presence in her life so much and she can’t live without you.” Daehyun told you as you laughed since you felt touched by her greasiness.

Suddenly, Daehyun’s phone shrieked. He looked at the caller and smiled. “Speaking of the devil.”

You chuckled when you heard that. Daehyun had a short conversation with Eunji before he ended the call.

“What is it?” You asked. “She asked me where am I since school time is over. Let’s go, shall we?”

You smiled with a nod. But your smile disappeared when Daehyun suddenly took your hand. It wasn’t you didn’t like it, you were just too shocked.

“Let’s surprise her. She has been worrying for you like crazy today.” Daehyun could see a shade of red on your cheeks. *Cute.*

Inside, you felt like spazzing when Daehyun held your hand.

As you and Daehyun walked out from the music room, Eunji was already there. You had to admit that Eunji did have a fast walking.

“Jung Daehyun, you’re so—JinAe?! Oh my JinAe, where have you been—Omo!” Eunji didn’t even finish her sentences about you nor Daehyun before she suddenly gasped as her eyes turned bigger.

“What’s wrong, Eunji?” Both of you and Daehyun asked the same question.

“Hands…” Eunji was too shocked to say anything.

You and Daehyun instantly looked at both of your locked hands before gazed on each other awkwardly as Daehyun let go of your hand from his hold.

*Dammit Jung Daehyun. Why were you so ing brave when you held her hand just now?!*

*I still can feel the warm of his hand. I am so not gonna wash my hand tonight.*

As the both of you looked away from each other nervously, Eunji was smiling widely like a happy mother who watched over her blissful children.

 

 

 

Comment yo! 8)