Secret 10

My Secret Warrior

 

[Listen]

 

You were exhausted from walking for too long. You looked at Daehyun’s back view who was getting far ahead of you.

Realizing that you weren’t behind him, Daehyun turned around to find that you seemed tired and hungry. He walked back to you with an exasperated sigh.

“Why are you so slower than a turtle?” He huffed but you were too tired to reply him.

“Can’t we rest for a while? Or if you don’t want to , you can leave me alone here. It’s not like we came here together right?” You suggested. But deep in your heart , you didn’t want him to leave you alone. You knew that you could know more about Daehyun if you stayed together with him.

Daehyun gave a look at your dejected face. “Okay then.” You secretly smiled on that but then made your sad face again as your tummy growled which you sure only you heard that grumbling sound.

“How about having breakfast?” Daehyun suddenly asked you in a gentleman manner which made you shocked.

“What?” You asked him back with wide eyes.

His reaction to your question was unexpectedly unexpected for you. He softly flicked your forehead using his index finger with a small laughter.

“Your baby worms are craving for foods. I bet they’re having demonstration in your stomach now.” Daehyun suddenly made a growling sound just like what your tummy sounded just now.

You lowered your head in embarrassment and tapped your tummy lightly. *Naughty tummy! You’re embarrassing me!*

“Why aren’t you moving? You want to go back quickly right? We’re leaving after breakfast.” Daehyun told you which made you disappointed.

*I don’t want to go back now! I want to know more about you, Jung Daehyun!* You mentally screamed but your feet moved frontwards.

 

======

Since you hadn’t had anything from yesterday , you were eating like a eater-freak. It was like you forgot that the boy that always made your heart fluttered was in front of you.

Daehyun was about to take a bite of his meal before he noticed the way you ate. You were taking everything and continuously shoved everything inside your mouth. He was actually impressed that you didn’t even care about his presence. He knew that other girls won’t be eating like you in front of him. They tend to eat with a ladylike manner but the truth was the opposite.

Daehyun thought you were perfect. He always seen you as an innocent girl but what made him wondering was the fact that no one accompanied you and the way you ate like you hadn’t eat in a century.

“Why did you come to the cemetery? Is it your mum’s death anniversary?” He carefully asked , didn’t want you to feel offended.

You stopped eating and put your chopsticks down which made Daehyun gulped. He didn’t want to see you suddenly burst into tears in front of him since there were many people around them.

“No. Today is my mum’s birthday.” You answered him while staring at the ground blankly. You sighed before you took the chopsticks and continued eating.

Daehyun blinked his eyes. *This girl. I thought she’s going to cry but there she goes continue eating.* Daehyun smiled a bit.

“What about you?” You suddenly asked him but your eyes didn’t left the food.

“Hmm?” Daehyun looked at you. You realized he was staring at you so you looked up and accidentally met eyes with him which made the atmosphere became awkward. You leaned back on the chair and asked him in a specific way , “I mean , why did you come to the cemetery as well to visit your mum’s grave?”

He nodded before pausing for a while. You knew he was hesitated to tell you.

“Well , I had a fight with my da… Oh wrong , I mean my caretaker.” He answered you as he clenched his fist.

“Caretaker? What about your dad? Did he…” You bit your lips.

“Yes , he is dead too.” Daehyun replied without hearing you finishing your question. He didn’t want to think about his father anymore.

You paused momentarily. “I’m sorry. I shouldn’t ask you such question. I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to offend you.” You apologized.

“Don’t be. I’m glad if he’s actually dead though.” He mumbled the last part.

“Excuse me?” You blinked as you didn’t hear him well. You saw Daehyun was shaking his head , assuring you that it was nothing important.

You slightly nodded but your curiosity was building up. “Did you visit your father’s grave just now?” Once again , Daehyun shook his head to your question.

“His grave is in Japan. He was killed when he was having some business affair in Japan three years ago.” Daehyun lied. He could see how shocked were you.

“K-Killed?! In Japan? I’m sorry once again.” You took a look on his face but all you could see was his coldness. “It’s okay. Beside I’m not that close with my father so yeah.”

Once you finished eating , Daehyun paid for you before you could handed your money to the shop ahjumma. You look at him questioningly.

“I’m paying , do you have any problem with that?” He asked while staring at you. You shook your head and your eyes ran on the ahjumma.

“What a sweet boyfriend you have, young lady.” The ahjumma suddenly said while smiling at the both of you. You felt guilty when you saw the sudden change of Daehyun’s face.

“Err.. He’s…” Daehyun suddenly took your hands. “Thanks, ahjumma. We’re leaving.” Daehyun bowed and dragged you out from the stall.

He let go of your hands to your dismay and walked off. You grabbed his arm without hesitation.

“What do you want?” There came his typical cold voice.

“I don’t want to go back yet. Can you spend some more times here with me?” You bit your lips and slowly let go of your hand from his arm when you looked at the coldness in his face. You knew the answer by the way he looked at you. “It’s okay if…”

“Okay.” He gave his agreement.

Your eyes twinkled as you heard his answer. “Really?” You asked in a bright voice.

“3 seconds before I change my mind.” He was about to count before you pulled his shirt. “Let’s go!”

Daehyun smiled a little but brushed the smile off from his face before you could see it.

 

===

 

The day passed without you knew it. It was evening when you were walking to a playground together with Daehyun.

You looked around to find smiling kids everywhere , parents watched their children and etc. You didn’t notice that you were smiling as well.

Your eyes caught a mother who was pushing the swing for her little daughter. You were so into them as you saw how bright was the daughter smiling happily with cute squeal as her mother beamed softly. A feeling came to you.

You remembered on how your mother always pushed the swing for you on almost every evening without complaints when you were still a kid even though she was sick. Sadness suddenly filled yourself.

*Mum , I wish you were here.* You sighed as you continued watching them. The mother would let out a few heavy breathes but she was still smiling at her daughter.

Daehyun took notice on your silence. You were the one who wanted to come to the playground but it made him wandered when he saw you were standing stiffly on your track. He decided to come near you.

You didn’t realize Daehyun’s presence beside you. A few tears started to escape your eyes when the memories of your mother started to fill your mind. You silently cried.

Daehyun gaped when he heard you were tearing. His arm made its way to your shoulder without he realized it.

 Your shoulder moved a bit when you felt a hand. You looked beside to find Daehyun’s worried face. He  grabbed your wrist and pulled you as your body responded by following his move.

Daehyun sat you down on an empty bench. He held both of your shoulders with his hands. “Why are you crying?” He asked in a calming voice.

You kept silent. You were too shocked to say anything. You didn’t know how to act when you felt Daehyun’s hands on your shoulders.

“Say something , Han JinAe. You’re worrying me.” He said which made your heart pounded.

*He’s actually worrying about me?* You looked at him. You could see that he was panicked and you cried again.

His grip on your shoulders became tighter. “What’s wrong?” There went again his reassuring voice.

“I miss my mum.” You answered him with non-stop dropping tears.

With that , he pulled you into a hug. You didn’t have the time to spazz because you were too occupied with your tears.

“I understand how you feel because I feel the same way as well. Just cry your heart out.” His shirt was drenched with your tears as you continued on crying. He slowly your back. He couldn’t comfort himself about missing his mother but he was glad that he can assure you.

“Can you stay by my side for awhile?” You said to him in your sobbing.

“I will.” He whispered on your ear. *Even it takes forever , I’ll stay by your side.*

After your tears slowed down , Daehyun told you to go back to Seoul. You wanted to stay longer , but you realized that you didn’t have anyone to rely on so you followed Daehyun.

You walked closely to Daehyun. Your mind was too busy thinking about other stuffs as you didn’t realize there was a car coming from the other direction.

“Han JinAe!” You heard Daehyun shouted your name in a panicky voice.

But it was too late as Daehyun grabbed you closer to him as you were already in his tight hug. Your body trembled at the thought that you were almost involved yourself in an accident.

Daehyun tightened his hug on you when he felt on how you were shuddering.

You didn’t know why but you felt safe and protected in Daehyun’s hug. You wanted him to keep hugging you and never let go of you from his hug.

*I’m falling more for you , Jung Daehyun.*

Daehyun found himself couldn’t break his hug on you yet he continued on hugging you tightly.

*I’ll always be my your side to protect you, Han JinAe.*