Secret 19

My Secret Warrior

 

 

 

Baekhyun was walking outside in the dark night. He was alone at the moment. It wasn’t because his friends Exo didn’t want to accompany him but he was annoyed by his father, who’s also Daehyun’s father.

“Have you found Daehyun?” His father suddenly asked when they were sitting together on the dinner.

Baekhyun immediately stopped shoving foods in his mouth when he heard the name Daehyun. “Not yet, Dad.” He answered politely but Daewon gave an annoyed expression on Baekhyun’s answer.

Baekhyun surely knew how to polite towards his father. He wasn’t like Daehyun, who never lowered his voice whenever he talked to Jung Daewon. He had tried to be a nice and obedient son ever since he found the leader of an infamous and feared gang, Jung Daewon was his biological father. He wasn’t the son of Byun Janghyun, who lived with drugs, alcohols and debts around.

He was extremely happy to have a father like Jung Daewon. But that didn’t last long, his father didn’t even treat him like his other son who happened to be Baekhyun’s number one rival, Jung Daehyun. The way Daewon cared for Daehyun was sickening Baekhyun.

He was jealous, that’s for sure. He was more upset that Daewon still treated Daehyun nicely when Daehyun didn’t even want to be nice towards their father yet Baekhyun, who obeyed every single instruction from Jung Daewon was ignored. He realized that Jung Daewon was being biased and more to favoritism. He also knew that Daewon wanted Daehyun to take over his dirty business.

Baekhyun didn’t know why Daewon didn’t show affection towards him. Probably because Baekhyun’s mother, Ahn Boyoung was a e and wasn’t like Daehyun’s late mother, Lee Misook who was said to be so graceful and very pretty.

“Lucky bastard to have a mother that Daewon loves so much, unlike me.” Baekhyun scoffed. His mind flew to remembering his mother.

“Mum, why can’t I get a better life?! I’m sick of a poor life like this! I can’t even get to do anything that I like! I am mocked by those s yet I can’t do anything about it to shut their ing mouth off!” Baekhyun threw his anger on his mother.

“Baekhyun-ah, there’s nothing I can do anything about it too, son. Bear with it, please.” Boyoung tried to comfort her only son.

“For how long do you want me to mum?! I’ m ing tired already to be their ing stuff. I need to show my power but I can’t because I got such a pathetic father who doesn’t care about my needs and so do you, mum!” He shouted in outrage.

Baekhyun was being extremely rude yet his mother didn’t even yell back. Boyoung realized their life had been hard for Baekhyun. She can’t provide better needs for Baekhyun and she felt terrible.

“Tsk. You are one pathetic son, Byun Baekhyun. Your mum shouldn’t give birth to you. All you do is complaining all the time and raising your voice at us, your elders. You never pay respect to us! I don’t care if you’re rude towards me, but you shouldn’t be rude towards your mother! She had a hard time before you were born with that Daewon bastard just left her without even wanted to be responsible. I guess it’s the time for you to know the truth.” Janghyun started to spill the real story.

“Janghyun-ah!” Boyoung suddenly yelled. Both of Janghyun and Baekhyun looked at her. Her face was pleading to Janghyun not to.

Baekhyun was baffled. “What truth? You better spill, mum.”

All Boyoung could do at the unexpected moment was lowering her head in guilty. As Baekhyun was screaming at her to tell the truth, she just couldn’t do it.

Janghyun put his palm on Baekhyun’s shoulder. “I’m not your father, Byun Baekhyun. Ah no, you’re not even a Byun.”

Baekhyun was surprised by the sudden confession. His father wasn’t his father? Then who is actually his real father?

As Janghyun could read Baekhyun’s expression, he told Baekhyun about who is his real father without hesitation.

“You know Jung Daewon, right? He is your father. Your biological father, Baekhyun.”

Another surprise came after. Jung Daewon is his father? The man that he actually admired from afar is his biological father? Baekhyun suddenly smirked.

“My life is complete. Mum, meet Jung Daewon and tell him that I’m his son.” Baekhyun smugly said.

Boyoung was shocked with Baekhyun’s acceptance. She didn’t expect his son to have a positive reaction to this matter. She could see that Baekhyun was happy with the news.

“W-What are you talking about, Baekhyun-ah? You want me to do that? B-But…”

“Just do it for me, mum! You want me to be successful, right? Beside I can’t live with this man anymore who said that I’ve been complaining much.” Baekhyun pointed at Janghyun with an annoyed face.

Boyoung guiltily looked at Janghyun. “Go and meet Daewon, Boyoung. This is the right time. Baekhyun won’t be suffering after this.” Janghyun convinced his wife, who was once only his best friend before Baekhyun was born.

Boyoung sighed before giving an agreement making Baekhyun smiled as wide as he could, imagining about a fancy life with Jung Daewon.

Baekhyun came back to reality once he remembered about his ruined imagination. Even though Daewon accepted him as his son, but deep inside he knew Daewon wasn’t sincere. He’s always second, after Daehyun. Daewon got Daehyun to a proper school, but Baekhyun was stuck on a terrible school.

As Baekhyun was continued to roam around, he felt like he was seeing a familiar person. Well, not one, but two.

Baekhyun tried to get a better sight. Yes, he was seeing right.

There were you and Daehyun, talking and having a night walk like a happy couple.

*It’s that girl, but why is she always with Daehyun? I’m sure that they aren’t a real couple. I shouldn’t worry much. They are not together, hopefully.* Baekhyun was still watching from afar. He was jealous with your closeness with Daehyun.

He looked at you and a smile unknowingly came on his face even though he was envious.

*Even though I don’t know what’s your name is, one thing I know for sure is, I’m falling for you, girl.*

 

[][][][][][][][][][][]

 

You had finished teaching the sleeping Eunji and as you were about to walk outside, a voice spoke.

“I’ll walk you home.” Daehyun offered.

You gladly took his offer. You knew it was hard to take a bus or taxi at this current time. You smiled secretively to yourself.

The both of you were walking in such a peaceful silence. You didn’t know why but you liked the accompanying silence.

But Daehyun suddenly asked you something. “Don’t you think both of Eunji and Yongguk hyung actually like each other?”

You told him your opinion about them. A topic came after a topic as you started to grow more comfortable to be around Daehyun. Sometimes a funny story would come up as the both of you laughed.

The chilly night breeze made you put your arms around your body. Daehyun realized it so he tried to be a gentleman to you as he took off his jacket from his body and wrapped his jacket on your body.

You were shocked when Daehyun did that out of your realization. You looked at him and he softly smiled at you.

“T-Thanks.” You thanked him with a deep red face. He was just smiling but his ears were red, just like your face.

You couldn’t believe it that you actually had a chance to be in a moment like this with the boy that you love.

*I hope you’re enjoying this moment like how I feel, Jung Daehyun.*