Chapter 09

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

From: Choi Siwon
Alright, alright, Ms. Choi... I'll hand it over to you. Do you want to catch up with me and have some drink?

Sooyoung slowly picked her phone and smirked. "You in you're right mind?"

From: 나쁜 여자
Ya! Are you crazy?! It's almost midnight, just sleep! I'll get the papers tomorrow.

He smiled lightly. "You always want things to be on your own way, Ms. Choi? You're the boss."
He drove over to the nearest bar to have some drink alone. "Fany... why do you have to leave me? What is it that you have to do there, eung? Why leave me here alone?!" He kept thinking of Fany, never realizing about how many drinks he had. His eyes were groggy, his head feels so heavy and he stumbles upon going out of the bar.
He took his phone and called Sooyoung. Sooyoung who is already sleeping sound, got awakened by her phone's nonstop ringtone. "Aissi! Seriously...who would call me at this time?!" She was still laying on her bed with closed eyes, as she answered the phone. "Choi Sooyoung speaking. Why are you even calling me at this time?  Can't I have my rest please? I'll talk to you tomorrow. Buh—"
Siwon laughed before she can continue it. "Babo! Why did you answer your phone?" He asked and anyone who will talk to him will know how drunk he is.
Sooyoung's eyes grew big. "Ya! You punk! Are you drunk?!"
"Drunk? Who? Who's drunk?" he laughed. "Ya! Choi Sooyoung... Sleep now. You need to rest."
This guy is crazy. "Where are you?" she asked, rising up from her bed and fixing herself to go where he was.
He frowned. "I invited you over, ya! I invited you earlier... 'you're crazy!' you said. Now you're asking where I am?" he chucked. "Babo Sooyoung-ah! Guess where I am!"
"Choi Siwon-ah! Where are you?!" this time her tone was a bit higher.
"I won't tell you. It's a secret!"
"Choi Siwon! I'm not playing games with you, fool! Where are you?!"
"Aissi... the great Choi Sooyoung is now mad?" he laughed. "I'm at this somehow elegant looking bar— but not really elegant. It has 'Stars' sign and has a little, tiny... it's color blue inside and—"
Luckily, Sooyoung knew the place he was talking about because she used to go there. "Wait for me."
"Ya! You babo Sooyoung-ah! I'm not even finished—hello? Sooyoung-ah?" he looked at his phone's screen. "That girl just...aissi!" He scratched his head.

Few minutes later, Sooyoung was able to go to the bar Siwon was talking about. She hurriedly looked around to look for Siwon, and of course, found him. She found him, sitting on the corner, alone. "Ya! Choi Siwon!"
He looked up to her and smiled. "Who do we have here? It's the great Choi Sooyoung!"
"Get up."
"Huh?" he looked at her, confused. "Let's have some drink!" he offered, raising a glass of liquor.
She hits his arm. "Choi Siwon-ah! Get up!" she yelled.
"Wow! You're really something...eung? First, you call me a punk. Second, you just hit my arm. Third, you're yelling at me..." he pointed at himself. "...like that."
She tried and carried him out the place, which she managed. He looked at her and chucked, "Did you heard that? Someone actually thought you're my girlfriend!"
She laughed sarcastically. "Very funny."
"I know."
She rolled her eyes, dragging him inside her car. "Where to go?"
"I don't know. You know where I live?"
"No. That's why I'm asking you." she looked at him irritated. This guy is seriously making me crazy.
"I see... You know, I'll drive." he tried to which Sooyoung slapped his hand. "I don't want to die yet."
Seeing how impossible it is for him to talk to her as a 'normal' person, she just drove her way into her condominium. She carried her and let him rest on the couch while she prepare 'Haejangguk/ Hangover soup'. 
"Ya! Siwon-ah..." she said, trying to wake him up, and offering him the soup. "Try this."
Soon, Siwon was able to regain his consciousness after having the soup that Sooyoung prepared.
"You owe me. BIG time!" she said, washing the bowls he used. "I didn't know how uncool you are when you're drunk... seriously, it's disgusting, Mr. Choi."
He just ignored her continued walking around her place."You have a very nice and lofty place, Sooyoung-ssi."
"Business people gotta have one."
"You own this?"
"Yes. You interested?" she paused for a moment to turn to him. Looking around, she said "Because you know, I can get you one if you insist. I'll have you tour around various condominiums, wanna bet?" She smiled. "Invest money for the—"
He signaled for her to stop as he chuckled. "Ms. Choi, why does your mind always linger on business?"
She turned to what she's doing and without hesitation, she said "Because money makes the world go around."
He crossed his arms. "Don't you think it should be, love makes the world go around?"
Her voice suddenly go down. "Who actually thinks of that, anyway?"
"That's the problem with business people. They always thought money is everything."
"Why? It isn't?"
He shook his head. "Love."
"Then you're a fool." she turned away patting hands using a towel.
"Then tell me, Ms. Choi. Having all of these things, having every thing you wanted, struggling for gaining more and more success, more and more money... are you happy with it?"
She gulped down and immediately changed the topic, sitting on the couch and turning on the TV, "Is that always the situation every time you're drunk?"
"That was my first time. I got drunk because of this girl..." he paused.
She rolled her eyes and said, "Give me a break! You actually got drunk because of a girl?"
"What? You don't do 'stupid' things like that? You never got drunk because of some boy?"
"No." she raised an eyebrow. "I wouldn't do things like that just because of having some heartbreaks."
"Ms. Choi, do you even had a boyfriend?"
She glared at him. "Why are you, all of a sudden, start asking personal questions?"
Him, taking it as a 'yes', smiled and said. "Then you didn't love enough."
His words made her glance at him coldly. What is this guy talking about? I didn't love enough?! Choi Siwon, you don't know me. This girl have loved the most throughout her life. Yes, I have loved more than enough.