Chapter 08

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

"So, what do you think about Hwang Tiffany's 'Casting A Lonely Beam'?" Siwon asked his class, walking around with hands on his pockets. He paused for a moment and put his eyeglasses on the table. "Don't you think it's a bit..." He made a hand gesture indicating that he's thinking about the right word. "...it's beyond bounds?"
Seohyun raised her hand.
"Yes?"
"I don't think it's exaggerated at all. You see, this book just summarizes the lives of different people, showing the different challenges they face or may face. Ms. Hwang had been great for expressing that and also, the effects she added to make the story more interesting just makes me admire her even more. The book just shows how a strong a person can be, and I am sure every individual who can read this will eventually look at each problems positively."
He smiled as she continued. "Professor, I really think this is a must-read as I can see that there are many people who struggles a lot due to different factors, and problems being the first. Most of those people give up. The book teaches you many things about life."
"Thank you." he smiled, thinking. Hwang Tiffany, you really move readers? He thought. There's another fool who appreciates your book.

From: Tiffany
Oppa... I'll be leaving next week. Can we meet up tonight?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________


"What are you doing here?!" Sooyoung stood up, glaring at the peson who just came by to see her.
"Why? Can't I visit my niece?"
"What do you want?" She examined her aunt. "There's no way you'll be here just to visit me."
"Alright." she smiled, taking a seat in front of Sooyoung. "I want to do some business with my niece."
"Wow!" she smirked. "What's this? What show are you putting in, eung? In my younger years, you nearly disown me... And now, you're here... who keep on calling me your 'niece'?" she turned away from her and took an envelop on her drawer. Playing with it, she said, "I'm sorry, but this is not to offend you... Please, stop calling me that. It's NOT pleasing to the ears."
Her aunt just look at her. "Please, let's be professional here."
"What do you want?" she turned her head to the side, still looking at the woman. "Because if it's business that you wanted, seriously, I'm telling you to get out now. You're not in your right mind."

FLASHBACK

"You...you wrecked our family and now, you even have the strength to do that?!" Sooyoung glared at her aunt. "Don't you dare to leave your sister!"
"I'm sorry but I don't think I can—"
"What now? What alibi are you thinking? She's dying! My mom is dying!" She yelled. "She might die in any minute now and you're still thinking about what your life will be? I'm just asking for some penny so the doctors could immediately operate on her! I begged and pleaded you, still you didn't listen to any word I say..." She sobbed. "Your money won't even be enough to pay for what you've done to us. I even agreed not to let my mother's husband to know about her disease."
Her aunt looked at her with fire in her eyes. "Choi Sooyoung! I never even thought about letting your mother die!"
Taeyeon, Sooyoung's older sister, rushed beside her and hugged her. "Sooyoung-ah... Don't cry."
She pushed her sister away and said, "How can I not cry?! Tell me! How can I not cry!? This woman..." she pointed her fingers to her aunt. "This woman had everything! She had our father, our grandfather's wealth and
 and she stole our little brother from us. Eomma, doesn't even know of his existence!"
Taeyeon looked at her with worried eyes, trying hard not to mind their aunt.
Sooyoung continued, looking through their aunt. "You don't want your sister to die? Prove it." She then walked away, leaving her older sister, Taeyeon, who looked at their aunt coldly.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"Oppa..." It was around eight at night and Siwon had agreed on meeting up with Tiffany. After all, this might be the last chance of him seeing her before the fly to America. As soon as she saw him, her eyes twinkled and said. "Thank you for coming."
He the girl's hair. "How have you been?"
She started taking a few steps away from him as if thinking about what to do next. Then she turned to him and give him an eye smile, pulled his hands, saying "Let's go to an amusement park!"
He let her pull him, leaving him confused. Fany, what do you think you're doing? What exactly is it that you're hiding from me?

"...aaaaahhh!" They both screamed as they rode on different amusement rides together. Then, went for some dinner inside the place. After dinner, they pretty much just walked around and tried to play on carnival games. Siwon, being a master of those games, won a bear and gave it to her. "Take that with you, huh? This bear will be Mr. Choi." he smiled.
Then they went to ride on a carousel. Tiffany sat at one of the mini horses while Siwon just stood beside her, holding her hands.
Oppa... Thank you for giving this feeling to me again. 
Fany, my dearest one, thank you for giving this day to me... I will wait for you, Fany. I will.

"Oppa, I'm tired... Let's go home." she said, holding his waist.
He looked at her and pinched her nose. "Babo! Don't you remember to ride on the big wheel?" he asked as she remember that every time they go to amusement parks, they always had their finale ride on the ferris wheel. So they went and ride on that big wheel. Tiffany looked down, enjoying the sight as the image get smaller and smaller. She smiled and looked at him. "Oppa... Thank you for sharing this day with me." She laid her head on his shoulders as he also laid his head over hers. "Fany, I will wait for you. So be sure to do your thing there really quickly, huh?"

Then he drove her home, as she planted her last kiss on his lips. "Thank you, oppa."
When she was finally going out of his car, he stopped her by pulling her towards him and a tear fell from his eyes. "Fany... you know how much I love you."
Hearing those words from him made her eyes fill with tears. "Siwon-ah... you know I love you more. So please, wait for me, huh?"
"I will, I promise."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

He started his car after having a few more minutes just having Tiffany by his side.

From: 나쁜 여자
Mr. Choi, as I remember earlier, you said you'll be handling the marketing plan of 'our' business tonight, right? To inform you, sir, it's almost midnight now and I still haven't got any papers from you. Please send it to me soon, better yet, just send an email to me.

'This girl surely does know how to construct some business-related messages!' He sighed at the thought of Sooyoung. "I'm sorry."