Chapter 04

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

Sooyoung coming from her office, laid down on her bed for a few minutes before sitting up. She looked through her window and it revealed a somewhat busy life full of lights. "This sight just proves how life is a business." She took a deep breath and looked down. Sights like these make me feel heavy. I don't know why, but it really does. She looked at her phone, which just keeps on vibrating. 

From: Hyoyeon
Congratulations, Choi Soo young the great! I'm proud of you! Mind going out with me to celebrate?
From: Yuri
Hey! Congratulations again about the meeting earlier~ ^o^
From: Sica
Ya! Babo~ C'mon! This is an accomplishment! If you have only seen the CEO's face when he left the building :)) 


"It made me smile, although they're just the familiar faces I used to see almost every day, I'm happy having some company with them. They're my acquaintances, they know me, I know them. That's it. I never want to have some friend, because having a friend for me is betraying them. I will not trust them, it's better like this. I read their messages all over again, I let out a deep breathe. Why do you care about a heartless girl like me? Every time I see you so happy because of me, makes me want to yell at myself. 'Wake up!'. Why are you making me feel like I can trust all of you? She cried at the thought of having them. Their words kept echoing on my mind. I shook my head, every time I feel like I'm giving in."
"Choi Sooyoung, no. Never trust anyone fully. They're just there, they want your trust. They'll hurt you someday without you even realizing it. They'll all leave you."
She kneeled down and took a big box underneath her bed. She got the cuddly bear and held it tightly. She looked at it, saying "Where are you? I'm waiting for you. Yes, my heart does. Someday, when I finally met you, please..." a tear fell from her cheeks. "Don't go. Don't leave me. Never abandon me. Stay by my side...Please, stay with me." She sobbed hugging the big bear.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Annyeong haseyo!" Sooyoung smiled, as she bowed her head. It was 6pm and as it was agreed, Kyuhyun, Siwon and Sungmin will meet her to discuss about their business plan.
They shook their hands and introduced themselves to her, then they finally discussed about what they want to do about their business. Siwon, who is just sipping his coffee, remained silent as his eyes were glued to Sooyoung.
"Excuse me, Mr. Choi? Is there something wrong?" She started snapping his daydreams.
Siwon looked at her, surprised, as if he just got back into reality. "Huh? Err... None... Nothing, exactly." He smiled and made her continue about the discussion, which he's not really paying attention.
After evaluating the opportunities and risks in business investing, she looked at him again. "What do you say, Mr. Choi?"
"Great." was all the man can utter.
"That's all?" she confirmed and he nodded. "How about you Mr. Cho?"
"I'm quite ready about the risks in business investing. You see, I have been investing for the past few years, if you just know the points on having the investment a success, then I say, there are less chances about it suffering."
She smiled, then turned to Mr. Lee. Him, knowing that she's asking for his opinion and suggestion, said "I know we can trust you. I'll just send you our marketing plan, and all will be settled in no time."
"How do you learn to trust a person, Mr. Lee?" she asked, out of curiousity.
"Mr. Cho told me about you." He answered.
Kyuhyun interrupeted and said, "Ms. Choi, you're my former student, so I know you. And your name's been circling around this industry. How can we not trust you?"
She just nodded and tried not to have another argument so as not to make such commotion. What if I'm a fraud? What if I''ll be the reason why you're business will go down? Don't trust me fully. She thought.

As the meeting come to an end, they bade their goodbyes to each other, exchanging bows. Sooyoung, as she walked away, sighed with relief. "Thanks for trusting me, though."
"Ms. Choi!" someone called from behind. She turned around, it's Siwon. She looked confused as she walk towards him. "I think you dropped this."
She looked at the thing he's holding. She can't even recognize it, so she looked at him, who's grinning. Why are you giving me that warm smile?  She smiled at him. "Lame excuse."
"What?" he asked.
"I said lame excuse."
"How did this become an excuse? And it was lame?" he smirked.
"Yes. Lame excuse for trying to catch up with me." she looked at him and smiled. "What do you want, you punk?"