Chapter 01

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

SOOYOUNG

"Good Evening... Eung, excuse me but I'm looking for Ms. Kang, I have an appointment at 6pm." Sooyoung rushed into the hotel's receptionist. She just tried to call her secretary saying that she had to meet her at this particular hotel. Gosh, this job really is a chaos.
Sooyoung waited for her client, sipping coffee. In her hand, she holds a paper containing other clients' business details. Reviewing it, her phone suddenly vibrated. "Choi Sooyoung speaking, may I help you?"
"Ms. Choi, this is Jung Ae Ri of Chung-ang University... I need you to be here tomorrow at 8am. Can you make it?"
"Excuse me?" she asked, confused.
She chuckled. "Ms. Choi, you don't remember? You offered your late professor in organizing and managing his business, you promised."
She tried to remember what she's saying. "Oh, oh! Yeah. How can I forgot it? Tell you what..." she checked her schedule for tomorrow and luckily, meeting with the CEO doesn't start until 10am. She sighed. "...I'll be there at 7:30."
"Thank you. I'll inform him."
*silence
Seriously, this job is taking over my life. I don't even have a spare time to rest fully. Taking a last sip from her coffee, she looked at her wristwatch. "...6:30pm." Gosh what's with this lady? Seriously, this is taking too long of my time.
"
Excuse me, but can I—no. May I know why Ms. Kang is taking too long for her to meet me? Is there something wrong?" I approached the receptionist for the second time.
"But... she said she'll be here in a minute."
"Oh...in a minute. Seriously." she smirked then turned around. As she saw Ms. Kang walking her way like a fashion-model, she narrowed her eyes to her and said to herself. "What? You're a model now?"
"Ms. Choi!" She stopped from walking and called her, then smiled.
Sooyoung walked to her. And Ms. Kang offered that they'll be in the hotel's cafe. "Ms. Kang, I'm sorry. But I won't be here for long, since I have another appointment at 7:30pm." She quickly sat down at one of the lobby's couches and began fixing papers. "I'll make it quick, Ms. Kang. Here is the plan." she handed her an envelope containing the business plans. She took out some and started pointing out what they are.
"Alright, this one is the whole plan. It contains where your resources will be, the key points and if you'll have problem with your business in the near future, refer to this." She pointed out a particular paper containg If's and How's. "This is the business summary, your mission statement. These are the analysis. Market analysis, Break-even, and the most important one, cash flow.  This is the whole outline." She smiled. "Just review it, Ms. Kang. You've been in this business for quite some time. I'm only giving you this plan, you might say, but this is of great help." She stood up and looked at her, who's busy evaluating the papers she gave. "If you need anything, call me."
"Thanks, by the way." Ms, Kang stood up and bowed 90º. In exchange, Sooyoung just bowed her head and left the place.
As soon as she got out of the place, she put her palm in her forehead and tried to scream, imagining her second appointment. "Really! I feel like quitting this job soon!" Then she hurriedly got into her car and plugged the earphone in her right ear. 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

SIWON

"Good Morning, professor!"
Siwon had just arrived at the university looking very tired, but he still smiles at every one he ran into. He was walking around with   his back hunched and his eyes looking down. He put both his hands on his face, sighed and scolded himself. "Choi Siwon, why are you being like this?!"
"Professor!" someone called from behind.
Siwon quickly looked back and saw Seohyun pushing Yoona towards their professor.
"What is it, Ms. Im? May I help you?"
"Err... Prof, I just want to give this to you." She smiled and handed him a small cake with tha words 'Hwaiting!/화이팅!' on it. After Siwon took it from her hands, the girls quickly ran away from him.
He smiled looking at that cake they had given him. "Aigoo, those girls..." he chuckled.
As soon as he stepped inside the room, a deep silence ensued, making him wonder about what is up with his students, he said, "Hey! It's a little quiet in here, dont you think?" He smiled and saw Yoona blushing in the corner. "Eung...Ms. Im, thank you for the cake." Everybody looked at her and began teasing her which made her feel uncomfortable and made her even more red in embarrassment.
Siwon knew what that meant, so he just took out a book and started discussing about Hwang Tiffany's "Casting A Lonely Beam".
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

TIFFANY

"Thank you!" she said as the book-signing come to an end. Phew! What a tiring day. She looked at her book and started scanning it. "Casting A Lonely Beam" she said aloud. "A story about a woman who faces different challenges in life which she always took as an opportunity. Her problems were always optimistically viewed, and she never gives up easily. What will happen if she's faced with herself vs. herself?" She sighed. Her story doesn't really interest her, so she's quite surprised why did it became one of the best-selling books of the year. "Tiff, Tiff, Tiff! Another Cinderella Story? Is there actually a person like that (in your story)?" She talked to herself. "None. People actually buys my story...While the writer just kept making a fool out of herself."
After quite some time of just sitting in front of her desk and burying her head on her arms, her phone vibrated. She took it and saw a message from her boyfriend.

From: Oppa
Finished with the book-signing? Is my baby tired? Do you have some time to catch up with me? Let's meet at the café in front of your office. I miss you!

She smiled at the sight of her boyfriend's simple message. It gave her relief just seeing it. She took her coat and purse and rushed inside the café, her boyfriend's referring to.