Chapter 13

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

Sooyoung rested her arms around his shoulders, exchanging glances with him. "Choi Siwon-ah... you're worst than my boyfriend!" Then she quickly put her arms away, hitting Siwon on the head.
Siwon was startled. Eh? It took him a few moments before he could answer, "How am I worst than your boyfriend? Am I even bad?"
She laughed hastily. "Mr. Choi, where's the papers?"
Siwon pointed at the glass table at the center of the living area. "There." The young woman left her seat and quickly grabbed the envelope on the table. Carefully analyzing the papers, she walked slowly going back to her seat. "We could have had better marketing strategies."
"That's why you should've had a plan and write it down, don't you think?" he cleared his throat. "Anyway..." he grabbed the paper Sooyoung is holding. "Today is a Saturday."
Stunned, she sarcastically said, "So?"
"Have some rest. Don't think about business every day."
"Eh? What are you talking about? Business is my life. I live 364 days out of the year in my office. And I improved because of that."
"Do you think you're the only person who works hard? Aigoo... some even had to go into drudgeries. But I doubt that will happen to you, Ms. Choi... considering how assertive you are." he smiled, his dimples coming out.
She just look at him for a moment before she could heave a sigh. "Do you have any plans for today?"
"Later at night...why?" he replied, stirring the stew lightly.
She shook her head. "Nothing. You stayed here?"
"Eung. With my cousin, Hyoyeon. I didn't know, you knew her."
The young woman gasped. "What a small world, eh?" She looked around.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Choi Siwon-ah!" the tall brunette stood up from her seat, yelling. "What is this?! Do you even know how to cook?!"
SIwon, for the second time, slurped a spoon of the stew he just made. Frowning, he uttered, "I didn't know it would turn out like this."
"Aissi..." the young woman hit him.
"Ya! Ya! Ya! That was for the second time this day!"
"Don't yell at me!" she exchanged glances with him, slamming the spoon down. "I thought you knew how to cook."
"Ya! I didn't say I can cook. I said I don't know! This is my first time cooking, be thankful!"
Sooyoung wiped with the back of her hands. "How could I be thankful?! I'll be having a stomach ache because of you!"
Siwon scratched his head in annoyance. "I can't believe you're the first person I cooked for!"
"Eh? So, it was my fault?!"
The young man just give her a muffled breath, before staring at her. "Alright, alright. What do you want to eat? It's my treat."
"Should be. I can't believe this..." she rolled her eyes. He glared at her, then shouted, "Babo! What do you want to eat?!"
"Everything! You're gonna be paying me big, Choi SIwon!" she smirked at him, heading to her room. He just stayed at where he is, smiling, saying "Seriously, this girl..."
After a few seconds, Sooyoung came out of her bedroom with a coat on her arms. "C'mon, then."
Siwon looked at her, confused. "Eh? Where are we going?"
Sooyoung frowned, staring at him. "Ya! You said you're going to treat me, right? Let's go and eat!"
"Ah... ara—" he looked at Sooyoung for a moment, who is busy looking at her wristwatch. "Arasseo. You didn't even changed your clothes from last night, eh? You're still in your jeans."
"What's wrong with that? I brushed my teeth!"
He laughed, taking the apron out and hanging it in one of the kitchen hooks.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Gosh! Seriously... how can you pack those foods with that body?" Siwon asked, amazed to Sooyoung's appetite.
The tall woman grinned, saying "It's just me."
He cleared his throat. "Ms. Choi, mind if I ask you a question?"
"Eung." she replied.
"How do you trust business people?" He started business-related questions to proceed to his motive.
"Eh?" she continued munching on the food that is laid before her. "I don't."
"What?!" Siwon looked startled. "What are you talking about? Trust is needed in business! How do you—"
Sooyoung cut him off with a "It's just me."
"It's always just you." he derped sarcastically. "Do you trust anyone?"
"No."
"How about me?"
"Maybe... a little. Just a little bit." She said in a serious tone, narrowing her eyes, pertaining to how little she trusts him.
"What was that?"
"Ya! I rarely trust anyone, particulary the people whom I have just met!"
The tall fellow grinned. "Was it an achievement?"
"Yes."
"Wow! Then, congratulations to me?" Siwon chuckled happily. His eyes were glowing and even though Sooyoung just said she just trusts him a bit—so little, he feels happy. He knows how hard it is for her to trust someone, so he feels like as if he achieved something.
The brunette fished her phone inside her bag. Her inbox was filled with unread messages, which are most from Kyuhyun. "I love you... I still do." She wants to smile, but she just can't. With those words, her heart wants to fall back again. She knows she still loves him, but she is in doubt. And the wound that her heart had from their breakup is still painful—she feels like it's still fresh. She wants to love him, secretly hoping for revenge.

FLASHBACK:

"Shut up!" he yelled at her. The tall brunette just stood there, clenching her fist, crying. She had just found out about him having another girl besides her. Honestly, it was one of her friends. It was painful to know the truth, she wished she had just keep away from it. She shook her head. 'I don't want to live on these truths. I want to have you. Just you and me... even for just a dream.'
"Aaaah!" she screamed, thumping her feet with her hands covering her ears.
"Choi Sooyoung-ah!" He was angry
his tone was raging with a violent thunder and furious wind combined. He looks scary and annoyed.
She fell down to the floor, still can't believe what was happening. Her eyes were red and is already tired from crying but the tears kept flowing down her cheeks. "Kyu..." she tried uttering a word.
"Stop! God! Please, stop..." he tried to silence her. His palm on his forehead, stressed on hearing her cries. "Would you, please? Yes, I have another girl... And we might get married soon, so better yet... forget me."
She shook her head. "Kyuhyun-ah... No. No, please don't leave me."
Before he could even said another word, he rushed out of the room and left her.
"Aaaaah!" she kept screaming out of pain. "Kyuhyun-ah! Cho Kyuhyun! How could you do this to me?! How could you?! I trusted you! God, I loved you, and this is what you pay me back?!" She's angry. She's sad. She's shocked and her pride is wounded. "Kyuhyun-ah! Please...don't leave me."

"Ya! Ya!" Siwon called, getting Sooyoung's attention. He looked curious as to why there were tears in her eyes. "By any chance... did these foods bring tears to your eyes?" he asked, playfully.
She just glared at him who continued eating, leaving her phone behind. They kept exchanging glances and finally one of them laughed. Chuckling, the woman said "Siwon-ah... don't look at me like that!"
"What?" he grinned, looking at her with scary eyes.
They were in the midst of laughing their heart out, when someone unexpected stopped in front of them—it was Kyuhyun. He looked at them, holding a cup of coffee. First from Sooyoung then to Siwon. Siwon, who is certainly not oblivious to the fact that these two had some past, just looked at Sooyoung. Sooyoung who is feeling uncomfortable having Kyuhyun seeing them, took a glance at Kyuhyun then turned away looking at Siwon, her eyes were screaming, 'What to do?! Help!'