Chapter 19

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

"Annyeong haseyo, Eun Jae-ssi!" Kyuhyun and Sungmin arrived at the café, half an hour after Siwon and Sooyoung left.
"Ne, annyeong haseyo!" She smiled and bowed her head.
"How's the café? The staffs are getting busy, eh?" Sungmin looked around. People were drinking coffee, some of them are running late, some are checking out emails with their laptops and some are just sitting there, enjoying the aroma of the place and the warm morning.
Kyuhyun sat down as Eun Jae gave him a cup of brewed coffee. Sungmin, on the other hand, took the notes beside the coffee machine. He examined it and said, "Where did the other two go?"
Upon hearing it, Kyuhyun immediately turned his head to look at him. "The other two?"
Still looking at it, he replied, "Yes. The Chois..."
Eun Jae, just after pouring another brewed coffee for a customer who just arrived, looked at him and flashed a smile. "Ne... Siwon-ssi said he'll just drive Sooyoung-ssi to Gyeonggi-do and they'll be back later." she said then turned back to work again.
Kyuhyun felt insanely jealous. Why did he have to drive her to Gyeonggi-do? She has a car, right? Why do they need to be always together? Seriously... 
Sungmin chuckled and imagine Sooyoung being with Siwon. "These two... they're getting obvious!"
"Eh?" Kyuhyun looked confused. "Obvious about what?"
"They somehow look like a very secretive couple, don't you think?"
"What?!"
Sungmin shook his head in response. "Don't you notice how Siwon-ssi look at our business partner?"
"No..."
"Or the way they interact?"
"Friendly! But that's that." Kyuhyun denied.
Sungmin scratched his head. "Not that!" Then he sat before Kyuhyun. "Anyway, they do look cute."
Kyuhyun shrugged. "I don't think so... Sooyoung deserves a better man!"
"Why? What's wrong with Siwon-ssi?" Sungmin's voice sounds curious.
Kyuhyun shook his head hesitantly. "No...nothing. It's just—"
"What's with all this stuttering?"
"Nothing!" Kyuhyun replied, turning his head to Eun Jae. "Eun Jae-ssi, do you have any idea why the Chois are going to Gyeonggi-do?"
"Ne? From what I remember Kyuhyun-ssi, was... She's going to meet a business client."
He nodded. "Then, why does Siwon need to drive her?"
She smiled. "She literally pleaded him and said she lost her keys. And they look so cute. Siwon-ssi even asked himself why can't he say no to her, then later on pinched her cheeks. I was observing them from afar earlier."
"What does that mean?" Kyuhyun asked, hiding his clenched fists. "And what's all with that pinching the cheeks thing?"
"Siwon-ssi is so sweet, isn't he?"
Kyuhyun rolled his eyes and said, "Can we NOT talk about the Chois for a moment?"
Eun Jae and Sungmin answered him with a confused look. "You're asking us about them..."
"I was saying... Can we NOT mention how sweet they are here?"
"Why?"
Kyuhyun stood up. "I'm going first." He headed out and took his car leaving Eun Jae and Sungmin puzzled. "What's up with Kyuhyun-ssi?"
He looked at her. "Jealous?"
She shrugged. "Looks like it."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"WHAT?!" Sooyoung bursted. The person on the other line just aggravated her fever. She felt like bumping her head to the window for no reason at all. "Excuse me, Mr. Namkung, but may I beg your pardon?"
"What? Why?" Siwon interrupted with his eyes on the road. "We're a few minutes away from Ibis Hotel."
Sooyoung stared at him, listening to Mr. Namkung on the phone. Her continuous nod and "eung...", make it sound like she really understand the situation. "Yes, I know. I know, I understand. I will." She put the phone down and sighed.
"Why?" he asked.
"Argh!" she exasperated.
"Frustrated?"
"Obviously... Mr. Namkung said we'll meet at 5pm." she shrugged. "Ugh, how is that?"
"Then..." Siwon's eyes were confused. He was about to say we'll wait until five but upon realizing the time, he exploded, "WHAT?! IS HE CRAZY?!"
Sooyoung displayed a calm face. "No—but I'm supposing he is now..."
"Aissi!" he exclaimed then glanced at Sooyoung who looked rather disappointed. Or not... She's JUST disappointed. "Sooyoung-ssi..." he gently patted the girl's shoulder.
She turned to him. "Yes?"
"Alright, we have no choice but to stay here until 5pm, so that you could meet him."
"Don't look at me with those eyes!" she shrilled. "It's not the end of the world!"
"I know, you're disappointed... Wanna grab food? It's almost time for lunch." he offered.
"Food!" her voice rose and she found herself wondering why her frustration faded quickly when she heard the word 'food'. She turned and glared at Siwon. "You even know how to cheer me up... Aissi! You know me so well, Choi Siwon."
"Why? We've known each other for quite some time... It's not a big deal. You're a food maniac and everybody knows it!" he defended. 
She shook her head. You know me more than I know myself. 
"And..." he added, as he turned his car to go to a nearby food court. "You need to take medicine..."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Omomomomomomo!" Sooyoung's eyes grew big as she remembered something. "Choi Siwonnie!"
"Eung?" he turned his head to her who is then, busy having his samgyeopsal wrapped in a lettuce and putting with it a sesame oil. "Ne, Sooyoungie?" he asked, pleased to hear about her calling him 'Siwonnie'.
She quickly took a small notebook out of her bag, examined the pages as her eyes grew even bigger before she heave a sigh. "We need to get back to Seoul." She smiled. "I have to oversee this company," she pointed on the word 'Hyundai' "...after lunch."
"It's only quarter to 11, Soo. Don't need to be in panic." he smirked. "Let your secretary do the job."
"And what? Oversee departments? No. I don't think so." she answered firmly. "I don't even trust my secretary."
He flashed an evil smirk. "Never thought of that. Then why the heck did you even hired one?"
"I didn't." she smiled sarcastically. "Every inferior business person has one."
He rolled his eyes. "If you hand it over to Sica, then you wouldn't be the busiest person here."
"I'm not. There's other people who's busier than me."
He smiled. "...and I'm not literally saying that."
She shrugged and continued on chopsticking the thin strips of pork and the garlic in the hot pot.
"Let's go!"
"Why?" she yelped. "I'm not even finished eating yet!"
He looked at his wristwatch and ironically said, "Alright. Just eat then... It wouldn't be me who'll be insane after missing out—"
She quickly stood up. "Oh..." she cleared . "Yes, err... I REALLY think we should go!"
He lightly sniggled at her immediate response. "C'mon babo! You need to take your medicines..." he grabbed her hand and left the place.
They went to the pharmacy which  just a few blocks away near the restaurant and he got her an antipyretic drug and a bottle of water. "Take this, Youngie..." he gave it to her then contiinued. "If your fever won't be reduced by taking that, we'll have to get you a quick check-up, alright?"
She found herself responding with a nod which later on surprised her. Why am I giving in to his words? She shook her head before she took the drugs and gulped the water down rather hurriedly. Her eyes met someone familiar as she drank the water down. Just looking at them made her feel much more sick that even a medicine can't reduce it. It was her aunt and a man—she probably don't want to know about.
"Ya! Choi Sooyoung-ah... drink slowly." Siwon scolded her.
She shot him a cold stare. Thus, he added, "What's with that stare? Aissi... this girl doesn't even listen to anyone but herself."
"What's wrong with that?" she asked, giving him the bottle.
He smiled and ruffled her hair, putting his arms on her shoulder. "Aigoo... Choi Sooyoung, you're a very smart girl. How can you not know so many things?"
She breakfree from his arms. "What do you mean?"
He answered her with a stare and a smile that could melt anyone. Then shook his head as they both got inside his car and put their seatbelts on.
"Where are we going?" she asked.
"Give me your phone, Ms. Choi..."
"What for?" she asked, giving him her phone.
He quickly dialled Sica's number, glancing at Sooyoung, who kept on rolling her eyes, then turning back to face the road again. He laid her phone on the stand and put on the earphone while she turned to face the window. "Yeoboseyo?"
"Sooyoung-ssi?" Sica's voice was in a deep uncertainty. "Hello?"
"What are you doing?" Sooyoung squirmed as she hit his arms.
"Aw!" he cried. "Wait a second."
Sica cleared his throat upon hearing them. "Excuse me, Mr... but what are you doing with Sooyoung's phone?"
"Err... I just want to inform you that Ms. Choi can't make it to Hyundai today and she's offering you her sincerest apology. Also, she's asking Ms. Jung to do it."
"Ya! Give me the phone!" Sooyoung yelped.
"Later..." he smiled, dodging to her hands that kept making its way to the earphones.
"Why?"
"She's sick."
"Ya! Give me—" This time Siwon cut her through by covering ,
"Eung... I see." Sica nodded. "Then what are you doing with her? Where is she?"
"We're in Gyeonggi-do... She needed a lift here to meet Mr. Namkung."
"And you are?" Sica asked sounding suspicious.
"Me?"
"Her boyfriend?"
"Eh?" he looked confused and at the same time seemed quite surprised. Didn't she even mention me to her co-workers? He turned his head to her and flashed a sickening grin. "Yes. I am."
"Oh..." she smiled. "Well then... You better take good care of her! I'm hanging up!" she squealed. She's so excited for Sooyoung, her lovelife had been zero for years, after all. She's been focusing to her works so much, her names around the business industry for quite some time. And she earned it! She takes no interest on guys, no matter how they insist her on doing so. For all they know, she had no boyfriend since birth. At least, that's what they know. And now... Jessica feel so happy for Sooyoung is with a guy. And... at least that's what she believes.
"What was that?" Sooyoung asked.
"Is good." he smiled without looking at her. "You have to rest, Ms. Choi!"
"Why?"
"Do I have to repeat this a million times? You're sick."
"You told her to go to Hyundai?" she looked disappointed. "Choi Siwon-ah..." she coughed.
"See?" he looked at her worried.
"You know I can handle myself..."
"I know, but I'm just worried about you."
"Worried about whom? Me?" a chuckle quickly escaped to her lips. "Silly! This is a mild fever. The medicine you bought me will suppress this. I'm feeling better now, why are you even worried?"
"Babo! Don't be so sure..." he glanced at her. "Will you at least take some rest?"
"I have lots on my own."
"Babo!" he stopped the car and look through the window. "Here we are... Ibis Hotel!"
"Eh? It's not even 5pm... Mr. Namkung is not here yet."
"Then where are we supposed to go, little girl?" he opened the door and made his way to the other side to open Sooyoung's. "C'mon..."
"We'll wait at the lobby till 5?"
"No..." he put his hands on her forehead. "You'll gonna have to check-in here and rest..."
"No!"
"If you're worrying about the money, I'll pay for it... Just this once." he smirked. "Since you lost your wallet, I understand."
She rolled her eyes. "I'm not actually worried about the payment, I just don't need some rest. It's not like I'm gonna die!"
Siwon shook his head in disapproval and smiled at her which got him a confused and annoyed look from her. He flashed an evil smile, "You will..." he carried her. "...get some rest."
"Wha—" she started hitting him. "Ya! Choi Siwon-ah! Yaaaaa! Put me down! Choi Siwon-ah! Aissi! Yaaaaa!"