Chapter 05

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

"What the— what are you trying to say, young lady?"
"Oh, please! Don't act all innocent. What do you want?" she insisted, starting an argument.
"What do you think?"
"You know, Mr. Choi... I'm really in no mood for an argument right now." she snapped.
"So...how about having some lunch with me tomorrow?"
She rolled her eyes. "It's alright. I can buy mine."
He just looked at her for a moment. "You don't look like you really eat."
"Oh yeah?" she chuckled, turning her head to the side. "Wait till you see me eat. You'll be surprised how I can pack up foods with this body."
"Prove it." He crossed his arms.
"I will, you punk!" she said. You bet!
"Really? How will I be able to witness you EAT when you don't even accept my offer?" He grinned at her like a child.
"Ya! Stop giving me that smile!"
"Will you have lunch with me tomorrow?"
"I'll think about it..." she giggled, turning away from him.
"Yaaa! Sooyoung-ssi!" He ran after her and grabbed her by the wrist. "Not done yet."
She quickly pushed him away. "Mr. Choi, seriously, what are you doing?"
He looked down as he, himself was surprised about what he had done. "I'm sorry." He looked into her eyes. "Will you have lunch with me?"
"Argh! When are you gonna stop, huh?"
"When you say 'yes'." He smiled. "C'mon! This is just lunch, is it weird having lunch with your acquaintance? No, not exactly acquaintance, but partner. We'll be business partners, right?"
It took her forever to finally say 'yes' at Siwon's offer. Yes, it's just lunch Choi Sooyoung. He's just being generous, and yes... He's right. You need to feel comfortable around him after all, he'll be your business partner. "Alright, alright! Satisfied?"
Siwon smiled brightly. "Thank you."
"I said stop smiling at me like that! What's there to thank for, anyway? You're weird." She turned away.
"I'll call you!" He yelled and she just nodded without even realizing what he said.

She smiled, thinking about Siwon. "Seriously, that guy... What's up with him?"

From: Hyoyeon
Soo, let's meet up right now, can you make it? I'll be wating for you here at our little ''café'' ^o^


She drove all the way into where Hyo told her for a meet up. When she got there, she took the book she's trying to finish and shove away from her car.
"Soo, you came!" Hyo waved her hand, indicating where she is. "How's your day?"
"Great... I'm hungry right now, let's order food first."
Hyo just nodded, as they soon ordered foods. When the food was served, that's when Sooyoung started talking about random stuffs. "So, Hyo... what do wanna talk about? Why do you want to meet up with me?"
"Nothing. I just missed my frie— you. I just feel like I missed details of your life." She smiled, then continued eating.
"Oh, it's... Everything's okay. Everything's going well, and I'm assuming that I'll have a pretty busy schedule from this day onwards."
"Always has, always will." Hyoyeon mumbled. She saw the book Sooyoung's holding, and her eyes grew bigger. "Wow! I know the author personally."
"Really? Hwang Tiffany? The story is another fantasy, I must admit. But people still reads it, I wonder why, so... out of curiousity, I just read this."
"Yes. I know her. What do you mean fantasy?"
Sooyoung put the book down and slide it towards Hyoyeon's. She pointed the book. "Read it."
Hyoyeon smiled and shrugged. She read the title aloud. "Casting A Lonely Beam... Sounds interesting."
"The title surely does. I'm not really getting the story. How could there be one person as fool as the main character in this book?"
Hyoyeon just looked down. Soo, it's not being a fool. It's learning to love and to trust.