Chapter 29

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

"Oppa! Oppa!" Seohyun and Hyoyeon ran to hug him in excitement. "Waa... We missed you!"
He just smiled, ruffling their hairs and uttering "Ne... Have you eaten?" Siwon looked and sounded weak as he set his suitcase aside together with his backpack.
"Not yet." Seohyun shook her head.
"Why didn't you call us? We could've picked you up in the airport, you know."
"It's alright." He patted the blonde girl's head. 
"Oppa..." Seohyun put her hands on his forehead. "Are you sick? You don't seem well..."
Siwon forced a bright smile. "I'm alright! Now, I'm thinking of treating you to lunch!"
"I'll call Yoong!" Seohyun immediately ran to her room to call Yoona, leaving her cousin and Siwon behind.
"So oppa..." she started, sitting at the couch and unpacking his things. "Why didn't you call us?"
"Aaah!" He groaned, stretching his body before sitting next to Hyoyeon. "I dropped by first at the café... and I don't want to bother you two."
"Aissi..." She hit his chest. "It's okay! We'll even be more happy if you did!"
A weak smile plastered across the young man's face, looking up and gazing blankly at the ceiling.
"Get some rest oppa! You really seemed down... What happened?"
"Nothing. Nothing happened. I just missed you." He replied, still staring at the ceiling. "Pack up and I'll treat you to lunch!"
"Rest first." She offered, reaching out for the brown paper bag he was holding earlier. "You can treat us to dinner later. So..." She paused when she saw a box wrapped in a very flashy decoration of black and white and tied with a ribbon. "Waaa..." she gasped, holding it. "What is this?"
He glanced and when he saw the box, he quickly yanked it from her hand. "Err... Don't."
Hyoyeon, tucking her hair behind her ears, stared at the guy's somewhat sad eyes. "For her?"
Siwon just nodded, holding the box against his chest.
"You've met her already, right? At the café?" She guessed.
"Yeah..."
She smiled quickly when he answered, jumping from her seat, she continued "What happened? Did she say something? What did you say?"
Siwon looked at her confused. Is she the Hyoyeon who said that I should save my heart to Fany? Is she the one who tried to stop me from falling for Sooyoung? What's up with all the excitement flooding her now? From my trip in Japan, what happened when I'm gone?  "Err... Nothing really happened." He denied, as Seohyun sat beside Hyoyeon trying to connect what's up. "She... she was mad at me."
Hyoyeon's face fell. "She was?"
"Eonni was?" Seohyun's eyes grew big, realizing who the 'she' part is and sneaking into Siwon's phone.
The blonde girl hit her. "It's your fault you didn't said goodbye!"
"Aww!" He gasped. "How did you know that?!"
"Oppa..." Seohyun interrupted, trying to 'investigate' on his phone by going on his sentbox. "Na... Nappeun Yeoja?" She read the name with her eyes.

To: 나쁜 여자
Thank you...

"You don't know how much she longed for you when you're gone!" Hyoyeon blurted out which somehow made the guy feel .
"What did she said? What did she said?" He excitedly jumped from his seat.
"Alright.. This is sick!" Hyoyeon chucked, seeing her cousin's reaction.
Siwon kept nudging her for an answer. "What did she said?!"
"She just misses you!" She yelped. "And she's disappointed that you didn't talk to her about you leaving Japan! Speaking of... What happened in Japan, eh?"
He cleared his throat. "I tried teaching for a week then Tsukuba wanted me, so I asked for some time to think of their offer..."
"Then?"
"I realized I left something more important here..." He smiled. "I left everything here."
"More like you left someone more important here... and that you left your everything here..." Seohyun chuckled.
"Then why did you even went there when you're so worried about her?!"
"I still tried, Hyo... Anyway, I had fun. I experienced the dream I've been dreaming even it's just a week... What's important now is... I'm back." He flashed a contented smile. "I'm here."
"EH?" The maknae gasped upon seeing his phone's pictures. "Why does this contain only Soo eonni's stolen pictures?"
"Ya! Ya! Ya!" Siwon jerked his phone from Seohyun's hands. "What are you doing?"
"Stolen pictures..." Hyoyeon muttered, giggling. 
"Oppa! Confess to her!" Seohyun cheered brightly.
Hyoyeon and Siwon were taken aback by her suggestion, reading their minds by looking at each other's eyes.
"Wae? It's not like you and Fany eonni are stll together, right?"
Seohyun, oblivious to the fact that they got back again after their 'break-up' that night when Tiffany invited him for coffee, merely shrugged. SIwon didn't know why but he never mentioned it to his sister. He recalls how his sister feel uncomfortable every now and then when Fany is around, figuring out that it's of no use to talk about them to Seohyun.
"Err... I... I... actually I... I already did."
Both of them looked at him, surprised, with their eyes wondering why. "WHAT HAPPENED?"
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's 3am and the rain is falling. Sooyoung stood by the window, listening to the sound of raindrops with her watery eyes blurring the picture. She still cannot get over about what happened earlier. Siwon, his sudden arrival and confession. Why are things happening all of a sudden now?

"You don't know how afraid I am of loosing you." She hold grip of his shirt, which is now covered with tears. "You left me and went to Japan without even saying goodbye! Now you've popped out of nowhere and you're expecting me to treat you the same?!"
Pressing his lips against her forehead, he tried to mumble "I understand you, my dearest Soo... I'm sorry, I'm awfully sorry, SYoung..."
"Am I nothing to you that you just treat me like that?!"
"You are my everything, Youngie-ah..." He looked through her eyes, smiling. "I came back for you..."
The woman could hear nothing but the sound of her heart thumping against her chest and her seizing breath. What did he just said? Sooyoung found herself wrapping her arms around Siwon, both smiling and crying because of joy. She wished she could utter a sweet 'I love you' but instead she exhaled a soft "Wonnie-yaaa... I miss you, Wonwon."
Then out of the blue, he uttered,"SYoung...Can I call you mine?"
"Ne?" Sooyoung instantly stopped from crying, looking at Siwon's eyes.
He just smiled and leaned on her to plant a sweet kiss on her lips, leaving Sooyoung surprised. "I love you, baboya..."
She froze for a moment. She didn't know how to respond to that scary phrase. She's at awe in a flash and is not really expecting for Siwon to say that.
She chuckled nervously with innocence. "Siwon-ah..."
"SYoung..." He caressed her cheeks, taking a few steps back.
Then everything went black.

All she could remember now was, the scene ended with her, letting the man vanish into thin air. She doesn't know why she did what she did, but she just doesn't know how to respond or what to do—at least that moment, when they were almost ready to take their relationship into the next level.
Or was it? That's it? He loves her, she loves him, happy ending? No. She's not really oblivious to the fact that someone is still longing for him—his girlfriend. And to know that he promised her he'll wait for her. Big deal. What will happen if his girlfriend comes back?
"Whoever you are..." She sighed. "I'm sorry for loving Siwon..."
She can't really be selfish enough to accept and love him,or can she?
____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Siwon-ah... I missed you so much that I...I—" Sooyoung uttered, walking to and fro outside Siwon's place the next morning. She was yet again practicing the lines she'll deliver. Knocking her head, she scolded herself. "You babo! No, not that."
"Err... Wonnie-ya... I... You asked me whether you can call me mine right? Choi Siwon-ah... I'm yours. All yours..." She cleared , closing her eyes. "Should I do aegyo?"
"Wonnie! Wonnie! Siwonnie... Oppa... Saranghae..." She made a face. "It doesn't sui
"

The door suddenly flew open and her heart again was beating so fast like running for some racing games. There, stood the man she's been thinking of this whole time, getting ready for work. A smile plastered across the handsome man's face upon seeing Sooyoung, "Eo? SYoungie... Good morning! What brings you—?" He paused and momentarily stared at the younger girl's eyes which is starting to get watery again.
Before he could utter another word again, Sooyoung had already ran to him, wrapping her arms around his body.
"Youngie..." He clutched her shoulders, gently nudging the girl who seemed lost.
She gulped down, smiling "Let's go ride together in the big wheel... Oppa..."
Upon hearing those silly words from her, he chuckled, pulling the girl to him. "Babo... What are you saying?"
"Oppa..." she sniffed. "Why did you walk away?"
He pulled back, brushing the woman's hair up and wiping her tears away. A smile flickered on his face just looking at Sooyoung.
"Oppa..." she tiptoed, reaching and leaning for him to plant a kiss. "Don't leave me..."
She mutters, "I love you." Smiling in tears, she cannot believe that she's saying those words after a long time. "Oppa! I love you!" She repeated. "Can't you hear me? There, I said it... I love you, you punk!"
The tall man felt like crying, pinching Sooyoung's nose. "This silly girl." He hugged her tight, feeling very sentimental and happy while scratching her back, giving the woman a continuous peck on the head. "I won't leave you, babo..."