Chapter 06

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

Siwon couldn't help but smile about what had happened earlier. "That girl can win a debate in an instant." He smiled as he started his car. Plugging the earphones on his ears, he called Kyuhyun.
"Professor Cho, would you mind sending Choi Sooyoung's number to me?"
"What? Why?"
"Ya! She'll be our helping hand soon... Is it so wrong for me to ask her number?" He reasoned out.
"Alright, alright."
As soon as he received Sooyoung's number, he renamed it as 'nappeun yeoja/나쁜 여자'. He chuckled. "Sooyoung-ssi, you wouldn't mind having '나쁜 여자' as your name here in my phone, right?"

From: Fany
Oppa... I'll be waiting for you. You will too, right?

He sighed at the sight of his ex-girlfriend's message. "Fany... I'm pretending you're dead now. Are you happy?" Tears started to fill his eyes again. "Fany... This is unbearable. I'm trying to have someone, for me to forget you."

FLASHBACK

Siwon and Tiffany met at the café near her office.Tiffany was the one who arrived earlier. She was happy and excited waiting for her boyfriend. Suddenly, the thought of her leaving for America came into her mind. Tears started to fill her eyes, as she tried to reminisce the memories between Siwon and her.
"Siwon-ah!"  Siwon turned around to find Tiffany crying so hard. He walked towards her and she gave him a look nobody can resist. "Oppa..."

"Fany... Stop crying. I'll always be here for you." Siwon reassured her, her head as if he's her big brother. "Fany... my dear, what's wrong?"
"Oppa..." was all she can say, her never-ending tears keep flowing out her eyes. "I
I'm sorry...."
Siwon chucked, confused. "You strange girl! Why are you even saying 'sorry'?"
"Oppaaaa..." she sobbed, hugging Siwon tightly. "I'll leave for America soon."
"What? What are you saying? I
I don't get it Fany..."
"I...I have to un
no." She paused so as not to reveal why she'll be going to America. "My parents need me, there."
"Fany..."
"Oppa..." she caressed his cheeks. "I'll be back for you, I promise. I'll be back, no matter what. You'll wait till I get back, right?"
Siwon, who's shaking his head slowly. "I just don't get it, Fany. Why do you have to leave?"
"I won't leave you oppa...I'll always be your girl, I promise you. Oppa, you'll wait for me, you'll be waiting, right?"
Tears started rolling down his cheeks, he just can't seem to get what Tiffany is saying.
Tiffany sighed and tried hard to smile. "Oppa... I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have said it too fast. Let's just forget about it for tonight, eung?"
He stared at her in disbelief. "Hwang Tiffany... Are you crazy?! You said those words right in front of my face and you expect me to forget about the whole thing?! What's with you, uh?!"
She closed her eyes, pretended that she didn't heard any of his words. "Oppa... alright. It's better you forget me, just now. Please, oppa... Help me. Please pretend that Hwang Tiffany is dead. I'll carry your heart with me, oppa. I will wait for you, you'll wait for me, right? But now, please pretend I never existed."
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Ya! Choi Siwon! Don't you ever invite me for a lunch in the future if you'll just bug me with your nonstop calls!" Sooyoung yelled at him after receiving numerous calls while at work.
"Ms. Choi! Don't yell at me like that, people are looking."
"If you're so concerned about your 'image' then stop your nonsense." She smirked, pulling the chair then sat on it.
Siwon sighed in disbelief. "Don't I even get a 'good afternoon, Mr. Choi' as a greeting?" he sat, facing Sooyoung.
She glared at him. "No way. That's what you get for messing with me."
"When did I messed up with you?"
"Messing up with my work means messing up with me." She chuckled as she covered her face with the menu.
"Aissi! This girl seriously is getting on my nerves... What do I do with you?" He whispered to himself.
"I heard that."
"What?"
"Whatever."
"I'm asking about what you want to eat?"
"As long as it's edible, I'll have no problem with that."
He chuckled at her answer. Babo. This is a restaurant. Of course everything on the list is edible!