Chapter 20

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

"Room 2301?" Sooyoung read the number on the keychain, the receptionist gave. She turned her head to Siwon, who is getting the details done with the staff. "Aissi..." Then started walking ahead of him. 
"Sooyoung-ah..." he walked towards her. "Ya! Ya!" He grabbed her hand. "Why are you running away?"
"Why? It's not like I'll be lost here." she rolled her eyes.
"Aigoo..." he moved in front of her, held her shoulders and looked through her eyes. "My Soo is mad?"
She gave him a sullen glance to which his jaw dropped. "Wha— aissi! Seriously, this girl...."
"I told you I don't want to rest." She removed his arms from her shoulders and continued walking.
"Then why are you going in?" he chuckled.
She made a face and shrugged. "You made me do it."
"Eh?" he continued walking to her direction. "So, it is my fault?"
"Yes! Of course!" she pouted, pressing the elevator button.
"How is it my fault?"
"You kept on insisting me to have some rest."
"Well, I was worried, alright?"
"Stop." she glanced at him then headed inside the elevator with Siwon following her. "I don't need your explanation. I just need to have some rest right now."
"I thought you don't need some?" he teased.
"I need it now. You're giving me headache."
The tall guy just smiled, looking at Sooyoung. "Alright, then..."
They had arrived at the 16th floor and stood before the door of the room. "2301..." She whispered.
"Ya... We're supposed to open the door right?" he smiled, twisting the door knob and entering inside. "C'mon!"
She gasped, looking around the room. "My apartment is better than this."
Very faintly, she heard him laughed. He crossed his arms and gave him a smiling stare. "I know."
She walked inside, checking out the facilities one by one. "All good." Then she walked towards the window to oversee the view outside, shaking her head. "The view in my room is better."
"Alright... Conclusion? Your apartment is WAY BETTER than this. Satisfied?"
She looked at him before sitting up on the floor with her legs crossed. He joined her and sat beside her. "How am I going to rest if you're here?" she asked.
"Just do what normal people do. You're gonna go to bed and sleep until you feel alright."
"Won't you—" Before she could continue it, she picked her phone which is ringing. "Good afternoon! Choi Sooyoung here... How can I help you?"
"Sooyoung-ssi, this is Ms. Song, Mr. Lee's secretary of the Hyundai Company. I need your confirmation if you're company is going to oversee us today."
"Oh yes..." she nodded. "I just called my secretary to do the job. Ms. Jung will meet you in a few minutes... Just give her all the requirements needed."
"Is that so?" she retorted. "Alright... We'll be calling her. Mr. Lee is attending a staff meeting in just half an hour, so he's a little sensitive to the time now. Anyway, I'll be informing him. Thanks for your time, Sooyoung-ssi!" she hung up.
She heave out a deep breath as her eyes met Siwon's. She pouted before standing up, she gasped "I need some rest." She made her way to the cozy bed and laid down. Looking at the empty ceiling, she closed her eyes, thinking she's in a vacation. "Waaa...."
"Youngie-ah?" Siwon looked at the smiling woman.
"Ya!" she opened her eyes. "I was trying to get a very calm thinking here! Would you mind?"
Siwon gave her a snort which she replied with a snob. "Aissi!" he exclaimed, sitting beside Sooyoung who is quietly  laying on the bed.
"Back off! You better get yourself a room!" she yelled rather jokingly.
He just giggled then stood up to sit on the couch near the window. "I'll just be here."
"You're going to see me sleep?"
"Why? It's not like I haven't done it before." he excused, remembering the moments she watched her sleep soundly.
"Awkward." she rolled her eyes. "Don't you think it's strange for two people to share the same room?"
"No." he shook his head firmly. "I even stayed at your house for one whole night!"
"Yes, I know. But NOT in my room!" she continued arguing with him.
"Then what do you want me to do?" he thought for a moment before exclaiming "...and no, Youngie-ah, I'm not going to have another room."
Her face dropped. "I thought you couldn't say 'no' to me?"
He let out an evil smile. "There's always first time young lady."
She gave up and turned away from him. "You better behave, Mr." Then closed her eyes, continuing her imagination.
After a few minutes of sleeping, she heard her phone rang. Half-awake she answered it "Choi Sooyoung here... How can I help you?"
"Ne, this is Mr. Kang. Have you met with Mr. Namkung?" It's her boss, asking about her client.
"Not yet, Mr. Kang. I'm sorry if I haven't informed you but Mr. Namkung moved our meeting later at 5..." she explained in a slow, lazy voice.
"Oh....His secretary just called asking me whether he had already met you or not because she couldn't keep track to where he is now."
"I understand, Sir... I'll just call you after the meeting." she hanged up, putting her phone on the bedside table then closing her eyes again to sleep.
Siwon went half-asleep looking at Sooyoung. One couldn't hear something except the breeze of the warm, moist air, the chirping of birds outside and the ticking of the clock. Then, in the midst of the deafening silence, Sooyoung's phone rang for the second time. She feels like screaming. Why does this freaking phone kept disturbing my nearly perfect sleep? With her eyes still closed, she mumbled "Siwon-ah... Ya! Siwon-ah...."
Siwon quickly responded at the sound of her voice. "Ne?"
"Would you mind picking that phone up for me?" she buried herself inside the blanket. "Just tell them I just lost my phone...or better yet, I dropped it somewhere. Anything to get that phone to stop."
The guy stood up, grabbed the phone and mumbled a groggy "Yeoboseyo?"
"Who is this?"
Siwon looked at Sooyoung, surprised after hearing the familiar voice on the other line. He kept nudging her until she's half-awake and said, "Why? Who is it?" Then yawned.
"Kyuhyun-ah!" Siwon screamed without a sound.
"Ne?" she just stared at him absentmindedly. "Who is it?"
"Siwon-ssi?" Kyuhyun's voice was deferential. "What are you doing with Sooyoung's phone?"
"Err..." he hesitated, cleared his throat then continued. "She's sleeping?"
"Ya! I'm really sleeping!" Sooyoung yelped.
"You heard her." Siwon stated. "Would you just call her back? She's sick."
"Where is she?" Kyuhyun shook his head stunned after hearing himself because he doesn't really want to know.
"She's at Gyeonggi-do and she's now having some rest." Siwon kept glancing at Sooyoung.
"To where?"
The tall guy scratched his head before putting the phone into Sooyoung's ear, uttering "You do the talking."
"No. You do the talking." She scratched her eyes. "I thought you told me to rest?"
"Ya!" Siwon tried for the second time, but she ignored him by burying herself to a pillow. Turning to the phone again, Siwon sighed. "Kyuhyun-ssi... I'm sorry she's resting right now, just call her back."
"Where are you?"
"We're at Ibis Hotel."
Kyuhyun was surprised. "Hotel? You and Sooyoung?"
"Yes." He gave him a deep breath in annoyance. "Stop those thoughts! She's just here to rest." Then he put the phone down, turning around to talk to Sooyoung. "Ya... He called."
Sooyoung, still buried under her pillows, yawned. "Who called."
"Him. Your boyfriend. Your ex-lover..."
She quickly rose from the bed as her eyes grew big. "WHAT?!"
"Kyuhyun called." he facepalmed himself, trying to sound firm.
"WHAT?" she repeated. "WHY DIDN'T YOU EVEN TOLD ME?!"
Siwon's mouth dropped in surprise. Seriously, what has gotten into this girl? "I tried! Alright, I tried, but you ignored me! I thought you said..." he cleared his throat before mimicking her voice, "...you do the talking."
She narrowed her eyes at him. "YOU SHOULD'VE KEEP ON WAKING ME UP!"
Siwon looked away; he cannot believe what she is saying. "Wha—ya! ya! Choi Sooyoung-ah! Listen to yourself! What has gotten into you?! I said I tried alright?! I even nudged you but you kept on ignoring me!"
She raised an eyebrow. "You should've said it was him! Oh gosh! Seriously..." she turned away from him. She doesn't know what it is that seems to build her anger up. She knows that the issue is not even worth an argument.
"Are we having this argument again?!"
"Yes!" she stated. "...and it's because of you and this damned situation!"
"Won't you forget him?!" Siwon thought he slipped the question from his mouth. He had been wanting to ask her that question ever since he knew she still loves him, but he just can't. "Choi Sooyoung-ah..." he leaned forward to her, clutching her shoulders with his hands. "Listen to me. It's been years, and I know how you loved him greatly... But, don't you think it's time to move on?"
She glared at him for a moment. Somehow, his words make sense, she thought. But that was it. She know she loves him still even though how much he hurt her in the past. "You don't understand." she pushed him away. "You CLEARLY don't understand a thing, Siwon! STOP interferring with my life!"
"You better wake up Ms. Choi..." he said softly, as if consoling her.
"CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND?! I love him! I STILL love that jerk! I don't care about what everybody will say, I don't care what YOU will say! You don't have to rub it in my face!" she yelled, slamming the door shut and leaving Siwon confused, startled and broken. He seemed not to know but her words seem to hurt him.