Chapter 27

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

Another week had passed. Sooyoung barely goes to neither her work or the café. Most of the time, she just feels like staying at home and her appetite to do things dropped down. Well, her energy pill is nowhere in sight, could you blame her? She instantly became a potato couch! The workers in the company is worried about her and her sudden change of aura. She goes to work for like three times a week which is really unlikely the Sooyoung before who works her off 24/7 every day.
On a dime, DAWDLING had become her hobby.

Sooyoung walks to and fro, biting her lower lip and holding her phone to her chest. "Wonnie-yah... won't you call me?"
Moments later, she found herself with watery eyes as she throws herself in bed.

"Sooyoung-ah..." he smiled. "You need not to worry. I'll always be by your side. I won't leave you... That I promise." He leans over and hugged her tight as he scratches her back.  "You will always have a special part here in my heart, babo..."
With her arms folded against his chest, she mumbled a soft "Wonnie-ya... You'll always be my Wonwon..."
"So..." He planted a light peck on her head. "No need to cry now, SYoung. I don't want seeing you cry, alright?" He gently clutched her shoulders, wiping her tears with his fingers. "Aigoo... My Soo is more beatiful when she smiles... Stop crying, Youngie..."
She nodded tepidly.
"Will you smile for me?" Siwon pinched her cheeks and gently forced her to smile. "Smile, smile, smile now..."

"Argh!" She groaned to herself, covering her head with a pillow and yelped "This is so annoying! Ugh!" Clenching her fists and hitting it against her bed, she continued "Why can't I get my mind off you, you punk?! Annoying! Arghhhh!"
She motions to reach for her phone and sit up straight with her sleepy and tired eyes. She goes on to search for messages in her inbox. She noticed just now that the messages from months ago are still there which somehow surprised her because as far as she know herself, she always deletes messages every now and then, saving only the clients' important details. She keenly observed the messages and the senders of those messages and Siwon is the number 1 guy who almost always never fail to send her messages. She began scrolling down her inbox and began to read their 'latest' phone conversation.

From: Choi Siwon
Babooo... What are you doing?
                                                                    Me: Going to sleep... Buh-bye >ㅂ<
From: Choi Siwon
SYoung... are you feeling alright now?
                                                                    Me: A little... Thanks for staying by the way... :)
From: Choi Siwon
You ate the kimbap I prepared for you, right?
                                                                     Me: I really don't trust your cooking ability... If you have any... ㅋㅋㅋ
From: Choi Siwon
Ya! ㅠ_ㅠ I even searched for the recipe of that! You should eat it... It tastes good! Seo likes it >,< But she doesn't know I made it.
                                                                     Me: She likes it because she's your sister! Babo!
From: Choi Siwon
Nevermind. I'll just go there tomorrow and we'll eat it together, eh? How would you like if I cook some pollock stew? ㅎㅎ
                                                                     Me: No, thanks... Save it for Seo! :-P
From: Choi Siwon
Good night, babo! Have some rest now, SYoungie...ㅡ.ㅡ zzZZz...
From: Choi Siwon
Good morning you beautiful world! Good morning SYoung~
From: Choi Siwon
Have you eaten your food? Have you had a good night's sleep? Drink some water after rising up from bed, eh?
From: Choi Siwon
"Baby you light up my world like nobody else...." Have you heard that song, Youngie-ah? ^ ^ Sounds good, right?
                                                                     Me: Uhh...yeah... right.
From: Choi Siwon
"God gave me you to show me what's real..." ㅋㅋ SYoung...
                                                                     Me: O.o ?! Why are you sending me song lyrics all of a sudden?
From: Choi Siwon
I miss Youngie, Youngie, Sooyoungie ~~ I miss you SYoung! I miss you! I miss you... Love.Love.Love :-P
                                                                     Me: Seriously, Siwon... are you in your right mind?

She stopped instantly, hoping that he still misses her up to now. She felt lost wishing that Siwon is with her tonight to make her feel alright.
She walked towards her table and look at the turqoise-colored box she just had from him, holding the chain dearly and gazing through the message.

I hate it when you act like you don't know you mean everything to me!

She heave out a sigh. "If I am so special to you, why did you leave me? Why didn't you even said goodbye? Why does it seemed like I'm the only person who doesn't know about you leaving for Japan? DO I mean everything to you, Choi Siwon, when you didn't even bothered talking about this to me?! Liar!"
Her phone vibrated and she quickly jumped on her bed to pick it up.

From: Hyoyeon

Soo, I'm here outside. ^ㅂ^ Can I come in?

Sooyoung immediately ran towards her door to meet Hyoyeon, wondering why she drpped by.
"Eo? Hyo... Come in!" She smiled.
"Thank you." Hyoyeon smiled in response, following the leggy brunette and sitting in the couch.
She walks to the kitchen to prepare two cups of teas."So... what brings you here?" 
"Err... Nothing. Just want to check up on you."
Sooyoung chucked. "We just met last week!" She motions to put the cups on a tray, taking the bread loaf and sandwich fillers from a cabinet and the fridge.
"Yes. But it's been a week. I want to know how you're doing..."
She lays the tray on the table in the living room and puts the cups and plates on it, removing it from the tray. "Have some." Sooyoung sat next to her.
She smiled. "Thank you." Hyoyeon could feel the warm atmosphere Sooyoung is giving her. "How are you doing?"
"I'm quite good." She nodded. "I'm fine... You? Still staying at the Choi's residence?"
She smiled. "Good to hear that. Yes... Well, I'm supposed to, y'know... till oppa comes back."
"Err..." She scratch her head. "Hyo... When is... Do you know when Siwon is coming back?"
"No. He hasn't even called... I just hope he'll come back sooner. It's almost a month now."
Sooyoung sighed lazily. "Ahh..."
"You miss him badly, don't you?" She asked, taking a sip of tea.
"Ah? No... I just want to know... you know the coffee shop needs him."
"It's okay to admit it Soo... We've all been really missing him, too."
"Ah? Ah... yeah."
Hyoyeon looks away. "Aigo! Where's that playful oppa we have?"
Sooyoung held the cup of tea she prepared for herself and gulped it down, closing her eyes. "He didn't bade me goodbye."
"He didn't?"
"I thought I'm so special." Sooyoung frowned, finally confessing herself to Hyoyeon. "I thought he won't leave my side..."
Hyoyeon patted her on the back and said  "Soo...He said he'll be quick. Let's have faith on that."
Sooyoung suddenly hugged Hyoyeon tight, as tears fill her eyes again. "Why am I feeling this way Hyo? Why do I miss him as if he's decades gone? Why am I disappointed that he didn't said goodbye?"
Hyoyeon her hair dearly. "Sooyoung-ah... You must know what it is, when you feel the presence and the absence of a person..."
A deep silence ensued. Sooyoung clearly knows what she is feeling but she just won't admit it. She's too scared to take risks and she still feels confused.
"Do you love him?" Straightforward Hyo, asked.
"Eh?"
"Choi Sooyoung, do you love him?" Hyoyeon repeated.
She let go of her and smiled innocently. "What are you talking about?"
Hyoyeon made a face. "Ya! Don't act all innocent!"
"I only miss him!"
Hyoyeon repeats it the third time. "Do you love him?"
A single tear fell from Sooyoung's eyes as she smiled a smile filled with sadness and disappointment. "I can't answer that now, Hyo... I'm just confused."
She tucks Sooyoung's hair behind her ears. "I understand if you're still confused now..."
She looked at Hyoyeon's eyes. "Thank you."
"No. Thank YOU." She smiled. "It's been years since we had friendly moments like this. Thank you, SYoung..."
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"28 out of 30 coffee bean bags were used." Sooyoung yawned, jotting down the coffee shop's monthly inventory carefully. "There are still two bags left..." She walks around, checking up the coffee bags.
She decided to show up at the café the next day and play the busy lady role, wearing a coffee apron with a notebook and a pen on her hands. After all, she really can't stay home just because Siwon is not around, right?
"Hey..." Sungmin greeted, arriving along with Kyuhyun. "Hello Ms. Choi!"
Sooyoung ignored him and continued on noting down the inventory. "46 cartons of milk..." she mumbled.
"Sooyoung-ssi..."
"Hot chocolate..." she goes to write another character. "Tea bags..."
"Busy... after a week's hiatus, eh?" Sungmin observed her while Kyuhyun chuckled with his eyes glued to the brunette.
"Sooyoung-ah..." Kyuhyun called.
The tall woman immediately turned around. "Ne?"
"Eo? Really?" Sungmin rolled his eyes. "She gets to turn only when Kyuhyun calls her... great!"
"Ne?" Sooyoung repeated, looking and smiling at the two guys. She walked towards them, putting the notebook away and the pen on her pockets. "Need something?"
Kyuhyun hastily pointed at Sungmin who is shaking his head in an 'I-can't-believe-this' manner.
"Eo? Ne, Sungmin-ssi? What is it that you need?"
"Seriously..." he gasped.
Sooyoung's brows arched. "You know what, Sungmin-ssi? If you don't have anything to do or anything important to talk about..." She sighed, shaking her head and rubbing the edge of her brows with her fingers. "Just save it. Time is precious, you know? You don't wanna waste it..."
"Wha---" Sungmin's jaw dropped, as he eyed the somewhat pissed off woman who smilingly gave a customer another cup of morning tea. "Man! What's with you?"
"Hyung..."Kyuhyun nudged him, signaling him to stop being playful sensing that today is probably not a good day for Sooyoung. 
Sooyoung stared at Sungmin for a moment before uttering "I'm sorry... Today's just not a good day, you know."
Sungmin nodded his head as Sooyoung took off her apron and hanged it on a hook near the stock room. She walks out the café and met the workers of the supplier of the shop.
She walks ahead to see the boxes inside the truck and check every single detail of it.
"Ma'am..." Another worker walked to her, giving her some papers she needs to sign with.
"Have some coffee first." She smiled, signing the papers and giving it back to the guy.
The guy bowed his head down, politely saying "Thank you." He puts the paper aside and helped the other workers to carry the boxes inside.
Sooyoung joined the men and carried a box, walking to get inside the shop.
"Mind if I help you?"
Someone said from behind which made her stop from whatever she's doing and thinking. She gulped down and closed her eyes, before turning around with a smile crepting on her lips. 
"Siwon-ah...."