Chapter 32

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

"Go cook." The moment they returned at her place, Sooyoung immediately laid the grocery bags she's carrying down the kitchen table, going straight to her room and leaving Siwon alone to mind his own business.
"Ya! Ya! Sooyoung-ah!" He called, laying the bags as did Sooyoung. He hesitantly followed her and found the brunette sitting on her bedroom couch just in front of the picture window. He knocked at her open door, "SYoungie..."
"What are you doing here? I thought you're going to cook noodles?" She didn't even turn around.
"Ya..." Gently, he proceeded to walk towards and sit beside the sulking woman. "Aren't you even going to watch me cook?"
"What would I do that?" She looked at him in annoyance, before muttering "You're not even good in cooking..."
"Ya! Would you stop saying that?" He nudged her, raising his tone a bit higher and narrowing his eyes at her. "I'll prove you wrong, young lady!"
"Oh yeah?" She crossed her arms, moving her face inches to him. "Then get out of my room and go cook!"
"You're not the boss here..."
She gave him a sullen glance, turning away. "Go out there and cook, Choi."
"Ayu..." He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his head on her shoulders. "Why are you giving me such atmosphere?"
"What atmosphere are you talking about?"
"Babo... Don't be that hard on me." He kept adjusting his head as if to look at her. "Are you somehow... err... intimidated by what Sunny said earlier?"
She quickly yanked her body away from him, making an annoyed 'Tsk!' sound before standing up. "Why would I even be intimidated by that?!" She walks her way to the closet. "Just cook!"
"Are you sure?"
She turns around, giving him a death glare. "Ya! Choi Siwon-ah! That woman just popped out of nowhere and randomly started talking about Fany, even giving hints about your wedding! What do you think am I supposed to feel towards that?!"
He stood up, heaving out a sigh before walking towards her. "SYoungie..." he held her hands. "Why did you let go of my hands? Why did you say we're just friends? Are you that afraid?"
"Oppa..." She arched her brows, frowning. "I am. I am afraid."
Siwon looked at her for a moment, caressing her cheeks. "Alright..." He muttered before walking out of her room.
The young woman, facepalmed herself, brushing her hair up and looking at the faded image of the guy. Not the right answer, Youngie. Fail.

"Oppa..." She stood before the cooking man. "Oppa... Are you mad at me? Are you disappointed about what I did?"
Heating the oil in the pan and cutting the sweet potatoes, he just turned to give her a smile.
"Wonnie-ya... Say something! Eung? Eung?"
"I love you too much that I can't stay mad at you." He goes on to cutting the green peppers.
"Ya! Why are you giving me that cheesy lines?" She complained, sitting at one of the high kitchen chairs just beside the table. "You're disappointed, right?"
"I was." He sighed, dipping the ingredients into the mix and placing it on the hot oil. "But let's not talk about that."
The woman pouted, fiddling with her fingers. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry, oppa."
"It's alright, Youngie..." He grinned. "I completely understand you."
The leggy brunette heaved out a sigh. "You're too good to be true."
"That's what you think, but I'm just simply in love with you..."
"I sometimes wonder how on earth did someone precious landed on a woman like me..." Sooyoung derped, reaching for a glass of warm water.
"Give yourself a break!" He chuckled. "Why? Don't you think you're special?"
"I am." She gave him a playful look. "I just don't think I'm good enough for you..."
"Oh!" He laughs, still frying the prawns. "Look who's talking! It's the great Choi Sooyoung!"
"Don't call me like that!" She gulped the water down. "
"Sshh! You are just the perfect one for me..." He turned to her.
"Argh!" She closes her eyes and pretends to pray. "Almighty One, praise Your name, Oh God! Hallelujah! Thank You Lord for giving me Choi Siwon!"

"How's it? Eh? How's it?" Siwon looked at the shikshin eating and excitedly asks about the way his cooking turned to be this time.
"It's..." She nods her head, looking at him. "It's... It's better."
"Ya!" He tickled her. "I'm good right? Say it, Soo... Say it!"
She sarcatically followed him. "You're good."
He enthusiastically took a seat beside her and proceeded on eating his noodles. "I told you I'll prove you wrong."
"Uhh...yeah..."
"So..." *swallows* "Am I going to be a good husband?"
"Err... I don't think so."
His face fell. "What is it this time?"
The woman stood up and opened the fridge. "I have something to share with you..."
"What?" He turns his head around only to find her grinning and holding a plate of Red Velvet cupcakes."You bake?"
"Nah! I just tried!" She lays the plate on the table. "Have one."
"Could I just finish my noodles first?"
She gave him an awkward grin. "I'm just excited!"
"Excited of what?"
"About what you will say..."
"Oh! Hohoho!" He chucks. "When did you bake these, miss?"
"Last night..." She pouted, nodding her head and raising her arms in mid air. "Alright! Alright, young man... I know what you will say, so please just keep your mou—"
"Yiiee..." He teased. "Someone here considered cooking for reconciliation!"
"Ya! I didn't even think of giving this to you!"
"Then who did you bake this for?" He asked, finishing his noodles and taking a bite of the cupcake. "Not bad."
She hit his arms once again. "It is good!"
"Who did you bake this for, Young?" He repeated.
"Alright!" She glared at him. This is so annoying. "I baked these cakes for you!"
"See?" He playfully smiled, finishing the first cupcake and reaching for another. Seeing this, Sooyoung gave him an I-cannot-believe-this smirk. "We'll make a good couple, right?" He gulps a glass of water and stood up before Sooyoung, who sits at where she sat earlier.
"We ARE a couple!" She corrected.
"Husband and wife. We do grocery shopping together... I push the cart and you check out what to buy. You bake, I cook. You eat and I'll wash the dishes," He flashes a dreamy smile, holding her hands. "When we have kids, we'll cuddle them to sleep and read bedtime stories alternately, keeping them safe and sound. We'll go to church, go to zoo, go to amusement parks as a happy family..."
"Wonnie-ya..." She wraps her arms around his neck and rested her head on his shoulder as he wraps his arms on her waist. "Thank you."
"No, Youngie. Thank YOU." He pecks on her hair, closing his eyes and muttering "You don't need to worry about other things, my dearest Soo. We love each other and that's what matters right?"
"I love you..." She hoisted her head as he kissed her forehead and rested it on his jawline. "Can we stay like this for a moment?"
He chuckled, wrapping his arms around her even tighter. "Aiku! The husband have to wash the dishes first..."
She let go of him as he cleans the table, putting their bowls and plates on the sink and running water through them.
"Wonnie-yaaa..." She called, staring at his back profile as he started washing them.
"Yeah?"
"Why do we talk about our future randomly?" She sounds curious and oblivious at the same time.
"Because we love each other so much that we can't help but plan for our future?"
"Then why do we turned out as cheesy like this when it's not even a day that we're finally a couple?"
"Probably because we longed for each other so much... I mean, I was in Japan for almost a month and you're here—"
She cut him right through and continued, "Sulking over the fact that you didn't say goodbye."
"Hey! At least I tried!" He protested. "I called you in your office when I was about to fly, Sica answered it and you were honestly playing the catch-me-if-you-can role!"
"I didn't know you were going to Japan..." she frowned, amking her eyes blink fast.
"Let's not talk about that." he patted his hands dry with a towel. "I'm here and we're together. You said that's what matters." Smirking, she dragged her to the living room.

"Waaa~" she yawns, laying her head on his shoulders. "Oppa... We have a long way to go! We're going to have fun in the amusement park later, might as well take some rest now."
Patting her head, he smiles. "Might as well go have a sleep in your bedroom because you can't have a good sleep here, miss! I'll be alright here..."
"Don't want to!" She said in a squeaky voice, wrapping her arms around his waist, closing her eyes. "I'd rather be here with you."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*awkward grin*
이거... 이렇게 어떻니?