Chapter 17

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

Seohyun arrived together with Yoona. They saw Siwon and Sooyoung together on their little hut in the garden. Yoona, who had been staring at those two the moment she stepped into their house, showed a hint of jealousy. It's obvious she got a crush on her professor, though her friend, Seohyun, opposes it. She knows he has a girlfriend, but is oblivious to the fact that it was the famous writer, Hwang Tiffany.
Seohyun walked towards them with Yoona following her. "Annyeong haseyo!" she greeted.
Both Sooyoung and Siwon turned their heads to look at them and responded with a cheerful, "Ne, annyeong haseyo!" The tall man stood up and introduced them to Sooyoung. "Err... Ms. Choi, this is Seohyun, my little sister...."
Seohyun bowed her head while the brunette looked at her with innocent eyes.
Siwon smiled and continued, "...and this is Ms. Im Yoona, one of my students."
Yoona did what Seohyun did. Siwon cleared his throat, "Seohyun, Yoona... meet Ms. Choi Sooyoung, a business manager from the Notoria, Inc. She'll be helping us put up our business— a café... but not your ordinary coffee house."
Sooyoung bowed her head and uttered, "Nice meeting you, young ladies." She flashed a cheerful smile on her face. 

Seohyun, after a few seconds, looked with confused, innocent eyes to both of them, lightly turning her head to talk to his brother, "Oppa? You do business even on a drizzling Sunday?"
Siwon chuckled then laid back before Sooyoung. "I guess so... If only you knew how business-minded this girl is."
Sooyoung gave him a mild deathly glare without the intention of scaring the two girls. "Stop picking at me, Choi Siwon!"
"What?"
The smiling brunette ignored him by taking another sip of her tea.
Seohyun and Yoona looked at each other and sat at the other end of the hut. "We can stay here for a moment, right?"
"Yes, you may..." he smiled then turned to look at Yoona. "Is there anything you two wanted to eat?"
"Eat?" Sooyoung's eyes lit up as she repeat his words. He moved closer to her and covered with his hands. He whispered, "I know how much you love food, but I'm not talking to you, Ms. Choi... Don't be such a piggy right now, I'm talking to the girls."
Sooyoung calmed herself down as he released his hands from . He grinned, "Ignore her... I'm sure you're both tired from your practice, so you need to eat. Now, what do you want?"
Seohyun shrugged while Yoona blurted, "Bibimbap!"
"Waaa...." the shikshin imagined having the bibimbap and eating it all at once. "I want bibimbap too..." she looked at Siwon with dreamy and pleading eyes.
He smiled at the sight of Sooyoung being childlike, so he unintentionally pinched her big cheeks to his delight. "Gwiyeoun babo! (Cute fool!)"
"Kyaaa...." she caressed her pink cheeks. "Don't do that again!"
"I'm sorry..." he looked at her eyes. "You looked like a cute child because of food."
"I know. I'm always cute."
"Ha.Ha.Ha." Siwon faked a laugh. "Don't be too full of yourself, Choi Sooyoung."
"Alright, alright! I do look gorgeous..." she tried.
He shook his head strongly, though in his mind, he thinks Yes, you do. You always do.
"Christians don't lie." she said, laughing. She finally had her 'revenge' on him.
Happiness was written all over Seohyun's face seeing how cute they are, while Yoona tries hard to avoid it, though deep in side she find them so cute too.
"So..." the tall man, once again, stood up cheerfully. "Who wants food?"
"Don't tell me you're gonna cook." Sooyoung whispered to herself. He tittered remembering his failed pollock stew. "No, I'm not. But, rather... I'm gonna treat everyone!" then he turned his head to Sooyoung. "...except for you, Ms. Choi."
The two girls cheered as Sooyoung ruffled. "Huh!" she sarcastically smiled, glaring at him. "I can buy mine, you know."
"Ya! Ya! Ya!" he pushed his pointer finger against her cheeks and smiled. "Stop sulking over it."
"I do not!"
"You just did."
She heave a sigh. "Will you give me some bibimbap?"
"C'mon, then!" he pulled her hands so she, all of a sudden, stood up. "Aissi... so rude! You want your students to witness this?"
"I'm not actually rude, you are..." he smiled, raising his brows to Yoona and Seohyun. "And I don't mind them, it's just Yoong and Seo, y'know."
He ignored her and once again flashed a fresh smile to the girls. "Let's go..."
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

They made it by feet to the restaurant after a few minutes and met Hyoyeon on the way. Seohyun dearly hugged her because she missed this girl so much! She's been her playmate ever since she was young but grew apart when Hyoyeon's family have decided to live in Busan. Sooyoung smiled her delight and Siwon had invited her over to eat with them, which she happily accepted.
From the time they had entered the restaurant to the time they ordered their food, Hyoyeon had been busy observing Siwon and Sooyoung who is sitting next to each other at the opposite end. The way they interact and look at each other. She thought, Is there something I'm missing? They seem so close... Why so fast? They both seem to be so cheerful around each other... She cleared and everybody looked at her, she raised her eyebrows for a respond. She's been uncomfortable seeing those two, she knew it isn't right. But she can't help it, it actually makes her happy that Sooyoung can finally bring herself out. She's also happy because of the fact that these two have met.
When they have finished eating, everyone bid goodbye to each other. Yoona was the first one to leave with Sooyoung insisting that they go together because her apartment is also just a cab from there. As soon as Sooyoung and Yoona had left, Seohyun playfully looked at her big brother. "So... oppa. she is your business partner, uh?"
He nodded, still looking at the two women walking together and finding a cab.
"She's a beauty!"
This time, he turned his head to Seohyun. "I know." he smiled.
"Oppa..." Hyoyeon heave out a sigh.
"Yes?"
"Can we have a little talk?"
He nodded hastily as Seohyun excused herself and continued walking her way to their home. "Is there something wrong?"
She looked at him with concerned eyes. "Oppa... I know you want to help Soo."
His eyes smiled. "Of course! And she's been improving, right?"
Hyoyeon gave him a wry smile. "Yes... But— Sooyoung-ah... Don't treat her as if she's Fany."
The tall man turned his head down and facepalmed himself. Am I treating her like Fany? Maybe the things were being too fast. Way too fast for both of us.
"Do I?"
"The way you look at her, the way you do things around her, the way you treat her... all these things make it look so uncomfortable and complicated. It's not right..."
Siwon looked like he's just been awaken from a deep sleep. "Then what should I do then?"
"I'm afraid..." she nearly gulped down her own saliva before she can continue, "I'm afraid you might fall for her... or... she might fall for you."
His eyes looked sad. "That would never happen, silly. You know I've promised to wait on Fany, and I will. I just want to help Soo..." After saying those words, he feels like having second thoughts. Is that all?
"You never know, oppa... The world is round. Sometimes you're on it, at times you won't even notice you're regretting."
He just ignored her and took a deep breath. "I understand."
She patted the big guy's shoulder. "I never wanted her to be hurt again."
"I know." He went on impatiently. "I ne'er want that too."
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Lying alone, in that misty and ever gloomy room, Sooyoung felt like talking to someone because she can't sleep. She had been staring on that blank ceiling for hours, feeling cold. She opened her lamp and sat for a moment, hugging her knees and burying her head in it. She started massaging her temples because she feels like having a migraine.
"Kyuhyun-ah..." she found herself murmuring his name. She noticed the book she grabbed earlier that day and found a familiar picture beside it. It was him—and her. It was the only picture they had taken their entire relationship and that picture means the world to her. It was taken on a bright August afternoon. She can still remember it; that was when he decided to help her with her science project. They wore a mask and white gloves, happily posing for a 'V' sign.
There. The feelings kept lingering back. The memories continues to haunt her back. She hates it! She knew she despises him because her heart still screams for Kyuhyun. Holding the picture, she said, "Just die. It's either me or you."