Chapter 25

Strength in Weakness, Truth in Lies

It's been two weeks since Siwon left for Japan and two weeks since Sooyoung had been searching for him. She doesn't even get to see him at the café or neither just to visit her. She's already cringing to know where the heck that man is! He must've been so hurt about what I said...
"Excuse me, MinAh-ssi, but have you seen..." She paused. What is she doing?
"Ne?"
"Have you seen...?" She felt like she can't even say his name. "Nothing. I mean, have you seen your shoes. Looks great!"
MinAh just smiled. "Ms. Choi, I'm wearing sandals."
She immediately looked down to see her footwear. "I mean sandals." Turning away from her, her eyes caught Gunwu, preparing a dry cappuccino for the customer who just arrived. "Gunwu-ssi..." she interrupted.
"Yes, Ms. Choi? Want some cappuccino, too?" He asked, handing over the coffee cup to the lady.
"Ah? Aniyo!" She smiled. "It's alright."
"Then, can I get you anything?"
She shook her head. "But did you see... By any chance have you seen..?"
"Yes?"
"Siwon!" She finally spoke but took it back later the moment she saw Sungmin walking towards them. "I mean, Sungmin! Sungmin! Yup, yup! It's him!" She pointed.
"Oh! Ms. Choi.." he sat beside her. "Earlier than usual, uh?"
She turned her face down and mumbled a fading "I thought I'd see him."
"Him?"
"Him?!" She echoed back innocently.
"Yeah, him. Who's him?" He smiled. "The tall man?"
"No!" she squealed, as her eyes go shifting from side to side before pointing onto some unknown guy, reading a newspaper and drinking an espresso with his reading glasses. "Him!"
"Him?" he repeated, honestly thinking about how crazy Sooyoung seems today. "Looking for him? He's just in front of you."
"Yeah!" She smiled as her eyes grew bigger. "That's right! How could I miss him?!" She snapped her fingers, forcefully chuckling to herself.
Sungmin just nodded. He knows there is something strange going on for her to panic like that.
"But..." She stood up from her seat, walking away and yelling "No! Not him! He just kinda looks like this client I had. So, buh-bye! See..." She bumped her head to the glass door, muttering an 'ouch!' as Sungmin laughed, looking at her. She continued, "See you!"

"Alright, Choi Sooyoung! That's just insane! You're insane! You're crazy! That was an epic fail!" She started scolding herself and knocking her head, when she went inside her car. "Why panic? Eh? Eh?"
She embraced the steering wheel and a tear slipped from her eyes as she fished for her phone in the bag. She paused and look at the stolen picture of a sleeping Siwon. "Aigoo..." She sighed. "Siwon-ah... Where the heck are you? Eh? Don't you miss me?" Frowning, she continued, "Ya! I won't ever say evil things to you again... Just please come back, alright?"
A few moments later, as she drove to nowhere, a sudden idea popped out of her mind—go to ChungAng and visit Siwon. She smiled, but still hesitant on what excuses she'll give if he find her there. So, she randomly practiced some hit or miss lines she needs to reason out.
"You see, I was here because I want to visit the university where I graduated." She raised a brow. "Will that work? He knows how I hate going there and now I suddenly miss it? No! Not that one."
Biting her lower lips, she continued "Or how about  'I have something to tell Seohyun?' No... He'll question me for that. How's 'I have something to give Yoona?'... Hmm?" She shook her head, helding up her chin with one hand. "Or... 'I'm here to visit Kyuhyun." She smiled. "That's more like it!"
A few minutes later, she frowned. "Maybe I should change my reason... How about 'I'm here because I have some business with the receptionist? Or their co-teachers? Or the school president said he needs to talk to me?' But about what?"
Out of the blue, she remembered a blurry conversation between her and Siwon:

"One day, you're going to miss me. You're going to miss times like this when you're with me. You're going to miss me picking you up, you're going to miss how I used to chase after you, you're going to miss our friendly dates, you're going to miss the way I annoy you, you're going to miss my pollock stew, you're going to miss how I cared for you, you're going to miss everything about this man beside you! And when the time comes, you're gonna wish you have a time machine, so that you could return the time when I'm still with you... You're gonna wish for times like this, Choi Sooyoung!"
"What's this drama king talking about?" She rolled her eyes, not really believing a word he's saying. "That may happen in your dreams! I won't gonna miss you! So, you better stop your drama! Or go audition for something else... I'm not hiring an actor."

Sooyoung stopped the moment she realized that she was acting insanely stupid. But she can't help it, she just needs a dose of Siwon right now! "Damn!" She pressed the car honk. "Alright, I freaking miss you!"
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sooyoung immediately hurried towards the reception area the moment she stepped out of her car. Although she really doesn't know what to do or say, she can't help herself but to go her own way.
"Good morning!" She greeted absentmindedly, looking around.
"Oh? Yes, Ms. Choi! Do you have an appointment with someone?" The receptionist asked.
"Ah..." It took quite a time before she could continue. "Yes... Yes..." She nods. "I'm—I am actually looking for..."
"Yes?"
"Siwon... Mr. Choi!"
The receptionist looked at her with confused eyes. "Ah? Ma'am, you must be mistaken..."
"Mistaken?" She met her eyes, impatiently tapping her fingers against the desk as she turns her head from side to side.
"Err... I think you're right! I must be mistaken! I realized I'm not looking for him..." She sighed, trying to laugh nervously. "I'm actually looking for his sister... Err... Ms. Seohyun Choi?" She smiled, making her way towards the hallway without saying anything to the receptionist.

"Eonni!" Both Seohyun and Yoona shouted in excitement as they rushed towards her.
"Eo... Ne! Seo and Yoong!" She smiled, hugging them tight. "I missed you both!"
They just chuckled with Seohyun asking "Eonni, why did you come? Do you have any business here?"
"Ah? Aniyo..." She said, cross-chopping her hands off the air. "I was just... you know... I just dropped by... Because I miss this place."
"Eonni, you must have lots of time!" Yoona derped, nudging Seohyun with her elbows.
"Then, would you come with us later for a late night shopping along with Hyoyeon eonni?" Seohyun invited.
The tall woman, feeling humbled and grateful that the girls are inviting her, figured out she can't refuse to such a friendly offer, so with a warm smile plastered across her face, she nodded, saying "Sure... Sure, I would love to!"
"Alright, eonni, we'll drop by at your apartment later at 7..."
"No need... I'll go at your house. I'll drive you..." Sooyoung smiled.
"So, should we walk you around?" Yoona offered.
"No, no, thanks... But..." She inhaled, holding her breath and looking at the two smiling ladies. "Do you have an idea where Mr. Choi was? Because..." She cleared fishing for something in her bag for an excuse. "I have something to give him."
The two young woman looked at each other before bursting out to laughter. "Eonni! What's with the joke?"
Sooyoung chuckled. "No, no... I'm serious. I really need to see the man. Y'know... business..."
"Eonni, you must really miss oppa! It's just been weeks, yet you..." Seohyun continue to laugh.
"Oh... Nononono... I don't even miss that Siwon guy!" She hastily denied. "I just need something from him. Now, will you tell me where he is?"
"Eonni..." Yoona frowned. "Didn't he tell you?"
Looking at them rather nervously, the brunette asked "Told me what?"
"Oppa is not here..."
"Ah... It's okay...." Her eyebrows arched as she turned her head down. "It's alright... I'll just drive to meet him. Do you know where he is?"
"Eonni..." Seohyun held her hands dearly, looking straight at her eyes which gave her an instant goosebumps. "Oppa is not here. He left for Japan two weeks ago... Didn't he bade you goodbye?"
Sooyoung's eyes grew big. She can't believe what the young girl had said. He left her? And didn't even bothered saying goodbye? She wished she could blurt out a half shout of  "HE JUST WHAT?" But she can't. Instead, she smiled, stood up straight and uttered "Yeah... Yeah... I forgot." She scratched the back of her neck, feeling a part of her was lost; acting like it wasn't a big deal but in fact, it really is breaking her heart. "Yes, he did said goodbye..."